Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options
1268269270271272274»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

Saysay19 wrote: »
    Awww Gatica people love sharing their opinions don’t. Take no notice, if you were tiny they’d still be saying something also.

My tolerance is gone and I’m only 13 weeks. I snapped at my father in law yesterday.
    I have been in bed rest for 5 weeks due to having asthma attacks low blood pressure HG.
    I couldn’t wait to get pregnant and now I’m miserable.
    I just keep telling myself it will be worth it at Christmas when I meet my little bundle 😊

I did start clearing out cupboards yday and found my 5 year old sons clothes so that perked me up a bit 😊

Aw you poor thing that sounds rough, I hope you are ok!

I've had every "minor" issue under the sun and it's terrible I don't want to complain as it was difficult to get pregnant so I feel like I should be grateful. but it can be very difficult when you can't breathe, can't walk, everything's swollen and can't do anything! I am trying to do one baby related job a day to keep the spirits up... I can't get over the size of the tiny baby clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Gatica wrote: »
    I noticed no-one has moaned about anything in a while... let me get the ball rolling again :rolleyes:

29 weeks now, for about 3 weeks now I've been getting comments from lots and lots of people about my enormous bump. I'm usually fairly ok with it, as I do recognise that it's not small and measure big for dates, but it's now starting to bug me and worry me. I've had "is it twins?", "are you SURE it's not twins?" and even "maybe it's triplets", or "wow, didn't realise you had so much to go yet" when I say I'm not due another 3 months (well, just under now).

I just hope it's not actually a really enormous baby.

Oh stop. I’m 36 weeks. Went to gp last week to get a cert for work because I was just too ginormous and sore to drag myself around every day (my job is quite physical). I hadn’t seen him all throughout this pregnancy, he just eyeballed me and said “I’d say it isn’t a small baby”. As if that was any way helpful. Oh and then he said “I thought you were 37 weeks” (I was 35 at the time). I’ve been getting it a LOT all throughout. It’s true, in fairness, I try to avoid catching sight of my side profile in mirrors. I hope it’s all fluid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

Aw you poor thing that sounds rough, I hope you are ok!

I've had every "minor" issue under the sun and it's terrible I don't want to complain as it was difficult to get pregnant so I feel like I should be grateful. but it can be very difficult when you can't breathe, can't walk, everything's swollen and can't do anything! I am trying to do one baby related job a day to keep the spirits up... I can't get over the size of the tiny baby clothes

They are tiny. I have the baby grow my son wore when he was first born, now he’s a giant compared to it!

I know how you feel. We have been trying 18 months and had a mc in october, this week we would have been due.
    So like you said I’m trying not to complain and concentrate on the positives! It will be worth it at the end x

How far gone are you x

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

They are tiny. I have the baby grow my son wore when he was first born, now he’s a giant compared to it!

I know how you feel. We have been trying 18 months and had a mc in october, this week we would have been due.
    So like you said I’m trying not to complain and concentrate on the positives! It will be worth it at the end x

How far gone are you x

Oh you poor thing I hope this week hasn't been too hard on you

I'm 34 weeks now hard to believe I've another 6 weeks to be honest. I just finished work because all the issues were getting too much to cope with on top of worl. Today's job was cleaning the travel system and I found what seems like a packet of biscuits crumbled in there which was gas! Better get used to that sort of thing eh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

jlm29 wrote: »
    I hope it’s all fluid!

me too!

I barely took off my rings today when started to notice I couldn't fold my fingers fully. My 1/2 size too big shoes are now painfully small. I think I'm starting to swell, and I'm half scared it may be high blood pressure or some issue, and half hoping the doctor will tell me I gotta take it easy and can't work.

I know I'm lucky in this pregnancy compared to many others but it doesn't make it easier putting up with it day in day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

God darn it the ankle swelling (and my legs were huge anyway) has started and the heartburn.. I know these are small things compared to others but stll heartburn is a b***h

no argument there!
    seems like not a big deal until you gotta deal with it 24/7 for days/weeks/months on end!

Oh tis horrible, I thought it was bad from Wine :) but tis horrible.. Went shopping there and nearly got sick, picked up a pack of the Gaviscon tablets to try had to open them up.. They are manky, did work but very horrid...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Heartburn is horrific! Don’t suffer in silence mention it at your next appointment and they should give you something much better than Gaviscon or Rennies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I'm 36 weeks and was prescribed Zantac about 6 weeks ago and it is the best thing that happened. I was waking in the night for Gaviscon, it was horrendous.

• Advertisement

I was just going to ask what do they prescribe? hope it worked.. Thank god the last two nights seem better, not sure but must be something to do with the peppermint as that is the only thing differant i have had

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

I feel your pain! Only 8 weeks and been swigging gaviscon straight out of the bottle for 2 weeks already. Was the exact same on my first. Blegh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 OutOfMyMind18

32 weeks pregnant. Up until 2 weeks ago, it was awful. Hyperemesis till 21 weeks, then good aul SPD kicked in. Got an awful kidney infection. Add to it I get low blood pressure and I've hit the deck on numerous occasions at home and while out.
    Trying to sort the house out, deal with my brother and be a shoulder of support for others.
    While I have no support (apart from my husband who is just amazing, beyond that actually) can't talk about my pregnancy with some friends as it upsets them, another just doesn't care as it's not about her.
    If I feel crap all that's said: "once the baby is healthy and happy that's all that matters". What about me?????
    As for work, I don't know why I'm still.

Where is the this "it takes a village" that I hear so much about? I have NEVER seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

32 weeks pregnant. Up until 2 weeks ago, it was awful. Hyperemesis till 21 weeks, then good aul SPD kicked in. Got an awful kidney infection. Add to it I get low blood pressure and I've hit the deck on numerous occasions at home and while out.
    Trying to sort the house out, deal with my brother and be a shoulder of support for others.
    While I have no support (apart from my husband who is just amazing, beyond that actually) can't talk about my pregnancy with some friends as it upsets them, another just doesn't care as it's not about her.
    If I feel crap all that's said: "once the baby is healthy and happy that's all that matters". What about me?????
    As for work, I don't know why I'm still.

Where is the this "it takes a village" that I hear so much about? I have NEVER seen it.

You poor thing. It can be so tough when you feel like you need a bit of support but you are the one giving it all the time. You really need to take a step back from other's issues now. Things are only going to get tougher for you and you need to put you and the baby first. I am just under 37 weeks now and have a 19 month old. I have hit my limit of being completely overwhelmed so finished work a week early but it has not helped at all. My house is a mess and I feel physically broken but I am just not entertaining anyone else's sh!t right now- I have no space for it in my brain. I hear you about things being tough discussing it with your friends,I am the same with two close friends having had miscarriages in the last 3 months. Can you link in with any mam and baby groups online or locally?

Don't get me started on that... I absolutely hate that phrase. Yes, in the grand scheme of things if you had to prioritise things, baby's life and health would be up top with my life and health, but I hate how it absolutely dismisses a pregnant woman and everything you go through... between feeling crap, or maybe having tough labour/delivery, bonding issues, mental state and the length of time that it impacts your life... realistically you're talking a year, from morning sickness, heartburn, pains, recovery, lack of sleep etc... It does get better and easier, but that's no reason to dismiss how tough the whole experience is for many women.

Just remember we are fecking wonder women so we are!! To go through all this and actually be still alive!!!.. Oh hope you are ok Outofmymind, even typing that is like doh of course your not.. feck it all and just do what you want to do and think how you want to think!! Plan a nice break for yourself and husband perhaps..

Looking forward to taking a break now when the little one arrives, im hoping that it will be as good as the first and we will get away in Nov or Dec to Centre Parcs perhaps...

Went to Charlewillve fest this weekend, was laughing lightly seeing all the kinda same sized pregnant women walking around and then was kinda like WTF dont I look like that when pregnant..Felt huge and the feet as just mad, tried on shoes as the runners are too heavy and had to get bigger than normal... After a weekend of lots of driving too not good

My feet are unrecognisable. They look like old lady feet. The only consolation is that I weighed myself earlier and am convinced that at least 20 of the pounds I’ve put on are fluid

I was listening to the radio today and they were on about fluid retention, saying celery is supposed to be very good for it...Was thinking the same as you, that it must be half fluid.. Going to ask in the health shop is there anything that you can take. Prob not as sure you can take nothing.

Now I have ming-ing legs anyway (thanks Dad) so like with extra fluid it looks like a cross between just a giant fat slug and then throw in a few spider veins, a bit like Venom!! haha

Milly33 wrote: »
    I was listening to the radio today and they were on about fluid retention, saying celery is supposed to be very good for it...Was thinking the same as you, that it must be half fluid.. Going to ask in the health shop is there anything that you can take. Prob not as sure you can take nothing.

Now I have ming-ing legs anyway (thanks Dad) so like with extra fluid it looks like a cross between just a giant fat slug and then throw in a few spider veins, a bit like Venom!! haha

In fairness, I’m doing nothing to help myself. I’m not drinking nearly enough water, and my diet is gone to **** the last couple of weeks (not affecting fluid, but just a general problem). I’m also not sitting down enough, and my other kiddos are in the childminders as usual at the moment, so there’s no excuse, except that I can see things that need to be done everywhere I look! I actually considered painting my kitchen the other day until I made myself cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Hello, how did you all deal with morning sickness?
    (discovered how much of a lie the ‘morning’ part is)
    I seem to have pretty much constant nausea unless I’m eating or have just eaten something...I’m trialling crispy mini pretzel things today for their plainness and saltyness.
    I had those accupressure seabands and they didnt seem to help much.

• Advertisement

tbh, I didn't find anything to help. I got some gaviscon, but its effects wear off quick and the taste sometime made me feel worse. As some suggested earlier, if it's affecting you constantly, see your GP and they might prescribe something.

I found out about Zantec too late and put off seeing the GP til my following appt with her, by which stage the nausea was gone, but I'd suffered from week 8 til almost 22, wish I'd just gone in earlier, I just didn't know they could do anything.

haha Jlm you sound like me and my mum mixed together!! You should force yourself to put your feet up you cant beat it, that and a nice hot water bottle.. Doesnt do much but makes them feel better... I dont know how ye do it with smallies, seriously I have one and thats like too much with picking her up and that..

My sis told me a great one for swollen feet but a bit of an effort at this stage, on your back with your legs up flat against the wall for a bit.. Now try getting them down,and standing up grace-fully might be something for your eyes only haha but could work...

Has anyone tried compression socks for travelling? Really thinking about it have a flight Tuesday and it might be a good idea,

I wore them on long-haul flight in previous pregnancy. They're supposed to help prevent clotting, but you'll need to try to walk around every 30-45 mins.
    I don't get problems with my legs, so dunno if it made difference, I just followed GPs advice on it.

thanks Gatica, tis only a short flight just the hour me thinks so not too bad, they are just so big.. Have the GP app booked for today so shall ask her opinion on it... God the weather is supposed to be scorhio over there and im allergic!!

28 weeks pregnant. I’m certed off work for a number of things. Mostly I’m still lethargic and light headed.
    Mix in my never ending hip pain and back pain.
    Husband got a new job a few months ago. He’s been brilliant doing most things around the house and entertaining our active son.
    By 9pm he’s asleep and I’m lonely and peed off.
    Can’t go shopping on my own incase my hip goes and I fall.
    I’m on half pay at the minute so all my xmas shopping plans are gone kaput!

I feel I have no one to let this all out to as everyone has their own things going on.
    I’m resenting everyone at the minute and I can’t even tell husband as he’s been so good to me.

Sorry x

28 weeks pregnant. I’m certed off work for a number of things. Mostly I’m still lethargic and light headed.
    Husband got a new job a few months ago. He’s been brilliant doing most things around the house and entertaining our active son.

I feel I have no one to let this all out to as everyone has their own things going on.
    I’m resenting everyone at the minute and I can’t even tell husband as he’s been so good to me.

Sorry x

Hi Saysay. Sounds like you're having a rough go of it. :(

I'm 30 weeks and I got signed off for two weeks starting today for similar reasons (exhaustion and generally run down mostly but not helped by worsening SPD). I think I understand how you feel. I've been working from home a lot recently (so not much human interaction) and my husband is brilliant for doing most of the housework and childcare but he's knackered by the end of the day when I want him to chat with me or watch tv together. I'm so glad to have the break from work now but also not sure what to do with myself all day.

You said you can't go shopping because of your hip and I wanted to mention that some places have mobility scooter type things you can borrow for getting around. I know Dundrum has them if you're in Dublin and there must be other places that do them too. Might be a way to get out and about a bit.

Hi Saysay. Sounds like you're having a rough go of it. :(

I'm 30 weeks and I got signed off for two weeks starting today for similar reasons (exhaustion and generally run down mostly but not helped by worsening SPD). I think I understand how you feel. I've been working from home a lot recently (so not much human interaction) and my husband is brilliant for doing most of the housework and childcare but he's knackered by the end of the day when I want him to chat with me or watch tv together. I'm so glad to have the break from work now but also not sure what to do with myself all day.

You said you can't go shopping because of your hip and I wanted to mention that some places have mobility scooter type things you can borrow for getting around. I know Dundrum has them if you're in Dublin and there must be other places that do them too. Might be a way to get out and about a bit.

Thanks Cuddle x

SPD, you poor thing I had it on my last pregnancy.

I hope you are in good health otherwise!

Today I sorted hospital bag and that. Tomorrow I’ve a list of things I need so tescos will be grand as I can lean on trolley. I’m my own worst enemy as I’m really leaving it all get to me.
    I think today was the first day in a while I felt genuinely happy from smelling all the freshly washed babygros and the thoughts of my Christmas surprise.

I’d say your happy you have your work to do at home cuddle ? :-)

Sorry x

That's rough... Just cos everyone else has own problems doesn't diminish if you're having a bad time of it. Hope you can have an outlet and talk to someone, it can help a bit with the feelings of frustration.
    Got signed off work early myself and still seemed like the days were busy with one thing or another, no idea where the time went.
    Treat yourself to a lunch out, or read a book to distract yourself..

• Advertisement

Thanks Gatica x

I cleaned out the fridge this morning. I had a shower and went to my check up at GP.

Home now and wrecked. My son was bored off his head so my mam brought him off after school.

I’m on the couch now and watching Netflix.

When I found out I was pregnant back in April my husband got bad news and his aunt died soon after. He’s been grieving since.

Anything I ask him to do for me he will do it with no argument. I just don’t want to be whinging in his ear.

Advertisement