Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Why am I starting to vomit now?? Lovely second trimester my ass!

Heartburn? Almost all my throwing up in 2nd and 3rd trimester has been when heartburn has been causing nausea. Zantac daily has stopped it and gaviscon to hand when needing a top up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Heartburn? Almost all my throwing up in 2nd and 3rd trimester has been when heartburn has been causing nausea. Zantac daily has stopped it and gaviscon to hand when needing a top up

No, I haven't had any heartburn at all - just seems to come out of nowhere, I don't even get much warning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

That sucks angeldelight. I get bad heartburn too, but luckily I don't get sick. I gag sometimes if I get too hungry or in the morning, but my biggest complaint is bloating. Hurts and is so uncomfortable :( in pj's now because all my jeans hurt when it starts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Think I'll just use a teat on top of the gaviscon bottle at this stage, bending is not my friend

I take back my earlier comment. No heartburn today but just before dinner my wonderful body decided to toss up my completely not digested lunch. Ugh..... And I still feel sick. Mash only for dinner. Borrrrrring!!!! Particularly after roasting pork ffs

• Advertisement

I take back my earlier comment. No heartburn today but just before dinner my wonderful body decided to toss up my completely not digested lunch. Ugh..... And I still feel sick. Mash only for dinner. Borrrrrring!!!! Particularly after roasting pork ffs

It's such a wonderful miracle and a joyous time! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cosycottager

Hi spottybananas did you jist go to a spa or equivalent or a physio for massage? I had been going for Accupunture every second week but last time i was in hosp with bleed midwife said it might be safer not to go for it for time being so now im afraid to do anything!

Hi spottybananas did you jist go to a spa or equivalent or a physio for massage? I had been going for Accupunture every second week but last time i was in hosp with bleed midwife said it might be safer not to go for it for time being so now im afraid to do anything!

It's not a spa I go to as they don't really do the proper deep tissue massage that is more medical really in nature than most spas (which are just relaxing). She's a beauty therapist but her massage is the most in depth, posture/health focussed massage I've ever come across. How did the midwife figure acupuncture could affect/cause a bleed? I think they're a bit mad sometimes, the midwife at my 12 week appointment gave me wrong info on three things and wasn't clear on answers when I questioned them.

Google pregnancy deep tissue massage near you or just call up some places and tell them you have sciatic pain and are there massages suitable during pregnancy and they'll let you know. I've been going to this girl for over a year anyway and then she said that it's absolutely fine to continue coming to her. And I mean, she REALLY goes to town on me, as in I am bruised, swollen and sore for 1-2 days after some of the massages (when I went at 9 weeks I couldn't MOVE that night!), she says I can take a heavy amount of pressure though so she just goes for it as my muscles need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Boo to you nausea and empty retching! Narrowly avoiding traumatising some of my pupils and managed not to upchuck on them or me. It's funny, it kicked in earlier this time around and then disappeared for a few days which had me worried, now it's back with a bang and I'm wishing it away again! Only 9 weeks now and it didn't fully disappear until about 18 weeks last time. Hopefully it won't hang on as long this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Anyone else constantly having food/drink going down the wrong way? I keep spluttering and gagging on glasses of water, my oesophagus is taking the 'relaxed pregnancy muscles' memo very seriously.

I also can't stop dropping things, it's like turbo-PMS over here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I hear you on the tiredness, 2.5 yr old has a persistance cough, didn't seem to be bothering him too much but my stupid mammy brain wouldn't let me relax into a decent sleep once I could hear him coughing!

I'm feeling really low today, I'm pretty sure it has absolutely nothing to do with pregnancy or hormones but I have nowhere else/nobody else to moan to :( I had a great nights sleep, which you'd think would set me up for a great mood and a productive day but no, Debbie Downer so I am :(

Have no motivation for work, fed up with life in general, just want to go back to bed and watch movies :(

Second trimester is dragging sooo bad, no change to how I look, no distinctive movement yet, too soon to plan/buy things, no scans until next year, boring. I'm still not convinced this is real, I don't know what it'll take to give me proof of that. And I spend most of my time at home feeling crap and sick, while my husband is having a ball telling the world and its mother and being congratulated and taken for pints. I don't enjoy all the congratulating (because I don't believe it see) and can't have the free drinks but it still seems terribly unfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I'm feeling really low today, I'm pretty sure it has absolutely nothing to do with pregnancy or hormones but I have nowhere else/nobody else to moan to :( I had a great nights sleep, which you'd think would set me up for a great mood and a productive day but no, Debbie Downer so I am :(

Have no motivation for work, fed up with life in general, just want to go back to bed and watch movies :(

Second trimester is dragging sooo bad, no change to how I look, no distinctive movement yet, too soon to plan/buy things, no scans until next year, boring. I'm still not convinced this is real, I don't know what it'll take to give me proof of that. And I spend most of my time at home feeling crap and sick, while my husband is having a ball telling the world and its mother and being congratulated and taken for pints. I don't enjoy all the congratulating (because I don't believe it see) and can't have the free drinks but it still seems terribly unfair!

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling good. I think there's so much made of the second trimester being the best that it can be tough to live up to it! Hopefully you'll start getting regular movement soon and get to start planning and it'll all seem more real! I'm 35 weeks now and despite loadsa movement and scans I still don't quite believe there's an actual little human in my stomach!

God I don't feel good today. Last night my lower back/pelvis was agony from standing at work for 6+ hours (usually I'd be sitting for a while then back standing etc). It gets like this the odd time but I think given my current condition it made it worse. Ended up getting very cold and hungry but basically unable to get off the couch unless it was a necessity. Went to bed and when my lovely husband got home from work he brought me some food, then he had to get another duvet and wrap me in both of them, my arms and legs were that kind of "inside" shivery cold that I just couldn't heat up. Couldn't move with the pain in my pelvis, couldn't stop shivering, and now this morning my tummy is not very happy at all. My back is a bit better, but still sore.

Want to go back to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

How're you feeling now?

God I don't feel good today. Last night my lower back/pelvis was agony from standing at work for 6+ hours (usually I'd be sitting for a while then back standing etc). It gets like this the odd time but I think given my current condition it made it worse. Ended up getting very cold and hungry but basically unable to get off the couch unless it was a necessity. Went to bed and when my lovely husband got home from work he brought me some food, then he had to get another duvet and wrap me in both of them, my arms and legs were that kind of "inside" shivery cold that I just couldn't heat up. Couldn't move with the pain in my pelvis, couldn't stop shivering, and now this morning my tummy is not very happy at all. My back is a bit better, but still sore.

Want to go back to bed!

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

Whispered wrote: »
    How're you feeling now?
    Hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

Feeling like sh!t, completely and totally. Vomiting and diarrhea eased off and seems to have stopped (thank God), just left with aches and shivers, suggesting it's some of fluey/virus. If I ever do this again I'm getting the flu shot asap!! Was planning to get it at my 20 week appt in just over a week, pfft.

Been drinking lots, lying around keeping warm and eating very little, I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow too angeldelight! I do love how my body can manage to hold off with things like this until I'm finished work for the week, or I'd be screwed!

Hope everyone is having a better weekend than me :)

Insomnia.

Someone get this baby outta me!! :p

Whispered wrote: »
    Insomnia.

Someone get this baby outta me!! :p

Ditto. OH gets up in 40 mins for work. Looks like I'll be saying hello

• Advertisement

Ok, what sort of fresh hell is it that I've just retched and gagged again, first time being Saturday, at 19 weeks pregnant? This didn't happen up to 19 weeks and NOW it happens?? I am not impressed.

Ok, what sort of fresh hell is it that I've just retched and gagged again, first time being Saturday, at 19 weeks pregnant? This didn't happen up to 19 weeks and NOW it happens?? I am not impressed.

Yep I'm retching, gagging and vomiting on a daily basis now... Didn't happen in first trimester at all! Talking to another friend who was the same, pregnancy books are liars!

I puked this morning, God I hate this. I barely slept, my stomach is in bits, I'm afraid to eat or drink anything should it come back up or cause mayhem by staying down.

Made an appt with my gp for tomorrow, she's not in Tuesdays, typical. I'm meant to be going to her next week for 20 week appt but I have to sort this out now, I'm not well at all :( Work will be fun this week.

On a positive note I got lovely jeans and leggings in H&M, after a disastrous shopping trip to find some bits yesterday. Tried two New Looks who both had useless maternity sections, tried two Nexts, one had none, the other had some but the sizes were laughably generous, 12's hanging off me and very expensive for such poor fits. Felt like Goldilocks in H&M, everything was just right! At least something went right for me this last few days :(

Feckin pregnancy insomnia had me awake half the night then if you happen to mention to someone you're tired "haha just wait until the baby is here, you'll know the real meaning of tired" - seriously naff off, I am tired and not in the mood for your stories about not getting more than an hours sleep ever for years when your babies were small. I don't care!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Feckin pregnancy insomnia had me awake half the night then if you happen to mention to someone you're tired "haha just wait until the baby is here, you'll know the real meaning of tired" - seriously naff off, I am tired and not in the mood for your stories about not getting more than an hours sleep ever for years when your babies were small. I don't care!!

Feck the doom and gloomers angel. Baby sleeping seems like a lottery to me. You could get lucky, my little girl started sleeping through the night on and off from about 8 weeks. From 11/12 weeks she was consistently doing 9/10pm to 6/7am. About a month later was doing 7.30-7am! All her own doing. This one will probably be a right night owl :) The same eejits will be giving their horror stories about labour the week before you give birth. I remember one girl saying to me when I was about a week over 'oh, you don't want to get induced. It's awful!' I was booked in to be induced 3 days later. I said to her that I never knew she'd been induced and her reply 'oh, I didn't, I just heard it was terrible!'

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Just feeling wrong. Heartburn has kicked off properly. I've a headache. My tummy feels stretched and I feel huge and ungainly. Bah.

Lay down for a nap on the couch around 6. Woke up every half hour or so but seem to have literally passed out again. It's disconcerting to wake up and more time has passed, particularly when it didn't feel like a conscious decision at all

I know this is ridiculous, so I can't give out about it anywhere else but it really upset me! My husband bought me a wooden advent calendar a few years ago and the idea is he puts something in it every morning. So all week it's been a bit haphazard whether he'd remember or not, and he wasn't very organised in terms of getting stuff to put in it. I did understand as we've just moved so everything has been a bit messy but thought it had settled down. Went into sitting room this morning, opened the little door and it was empty. I started bawling crying, honestly I felt like my favourite pet had just been run over or something, complete devastation.

So I texted him saying I couldn't handle this sort of disappointment any more and just not to bother so now he feels like crap. He's very sweet and very soft when it comes to me so I know he'll be feeling heartbroken to have disappointed me and now I feel like shlt to have made him feel that way. So it's lose lose all round cause of a feckin advent calendar and stupid pregnancy hormones :(

Ah you poor thing. A quick text reminding him that your hormones are a bit mad at the moment and telling him how lovely he is will make him feel better I'm sure. Main thing though; I'm sure he wouldn't want you sitting there feeling guilty over it.

• Advertisement

Aw angeldelight, sounds like similar to what I had with my husband and the pillow, a good deed gone temporarily bad! (even though mine wasn't really hormone related so I can't even blame that). I agree with Whispered, just apologise, that's all you can do!

Advertisement