Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Did that DLC say it had Link as a character with at least one Hyrule themed track? I'll have that thanks!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I reckon there'll be 2 cups with new tracks, 2 retro cups.

Now let's speculate on the retro cups :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Now let's speculate on the retro cups :D

At this rate it would be a process of elimination.... what ones have Never been done as a "Retro" track since they introduced retro cups

Edit.... Looks like this DLC is pretty much taking F-Zero out the back and shooting it in it's head... There's only room for one 1st party space racer here:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/26/mario-kart-8-dlc-revealed-zelda-animal-crossing-and-f-zero-confirmed-4846932/

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My only problem with the DLC is that it means its resources and staff are not producing the Mario Chase DLC or standalone sequel that becomes more and more necessary by the day. Mario Kart already has 32 tracks, we need more than 3 for Chase! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

The DLC looks incredible, excited for Zelda themed levels and the fzero kart looks cool. Having Link involved is great too. My only disappointment are the characters alongside link in DLC 1. Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach? Seems a bit lazy and a missed opportunity. Why not even Captain Toad to promote the new game? It would be a similar skin change.

• Advertisement

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    The DLC looks incredible, excited for Zelda themed levels and the fzero kart looks cool. Having Link involved is great too. My only disappointment are the characters alongside link in DLC 1. Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach? Seems a bit lazy and a missed opportunity. Why not even Captain Toad to promote the new game? It would be a similar skin change.

I'm sick to **** of skins of Peach and Mario, Where's Boo, Petey Piranha and Dry Bones :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have 2 daughters of a Mariokart playing age (if you count holding the wheel and giggling but not accelerating or steering as playing). As such, I need at least another 12 female characters to keep them happy, and all of them need to be princesses. So I'll take Cat Peach happily. Don't see what she's doing in a Zelda pack though... Link, you dog!

Banjo wrote: »
    So I'll take Cat Peach happily. Don't see what she's doing in a Zelda pack though... Link, you dog!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

lets have other DLC package Diddy kong racers and kirby air ride

what date in november link package opens

how come no captain falcon with link package but his car in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

HERE’S THE AMIIBO’S YOU CAN USE WITH MARIO KART 8

Nintendo of America has rather handily revealed which Amiibo characters you will be able to use with Mario Kart 8. Most of these we already knew about, but added to the lineup in Captain Falcon, Fox McCloud, Kirby and Samus. The software update that will allow you to use Amiibo with Mario Kart 8 will arrive on November 13th.
    • Mario
    • Luigi
    • Yoshi
    • Peach
    • Donkey Kong
    • Link
    • Kirby
    • Captain Falcon
    • Samus
    • Fox McCloud

GET MII RACING SUITS WITH AMIIBO IN MARIO KART 8, SOFTWARE UPDATE COMING NOVEMBER 13TH

The official site for Mario Kart 8 states that you can dress up your Mii character in racing suits based upon each Amiibo character’s looks. The site says that in order to use this feature, users will need to download the software update available on November 13th. Perhaps this is the day that the long-awaited Mario Kart 8 DLC launches?

sligeach wrote: »
    • Kirby
    • Captain Falcon
    • Samus
    • Fox McCloud

DRY BONES AND BOO OR GTFO NINTENDO :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm probably not going to get an Aiai Amibo, could be interesting though if the likes of Sega take on board the concept, especially if we see them produce a new Sega Allstars title and a brawler.
    Shadow the Hedgehog, FIGHT!

golden kart 10,000 coin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    golden kart 10,000 coin

It's the gold glider you get for collecting 10,000 coins. You get the gold tyres for beating every staff ghost in Ghost Trials.

The gold kart and it's the 1 part I don't have is a pain in the neck to get. You have to get 1st place in every GP on 150cc including Mirror Mode with at least 1 gold star. Which means you have to win 3 out of the 4 races and have a minimum of 55 points. I've won every GP but it's just not worth the effort and hassle to get a gold star especially when the computer cheats so much. I can't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

sligeach wrote: »
    It's the gold glider you get for collecting 10,000 coins. You get the gold tyres for beating every staff ghost in Ghost Trials.

The gold kart and it's the 1 part I don't have is a pain in the neck to get. You have to get 1st place in every GP on 150cc including Mirror Mode with at least 1 gold star. Which means you have to win 3 out of the 4 races and have a minimum of 55 points. I've won every GP but it's just not worth the effort and hassle to get a gold star especially when the computer cheats so much. I can't be bothered.

The gold kart is actually the only I do have. I'm finding the other two tougher to get. 10,000 coins is obviously just about time played though.

link package opens dlc 28th of november watch latest nintendo to find out more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    link package opens dlc 28th of november watch latest nintendo to find out more

Pretty sure the Zelda DLC is out this Thursday (13th).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

tailgunner wrote: »

Yeah, its the 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think you have misunderstood the Wampster. The Zelda DLC content is released on the 13th but given the state of Nintendo's network service and the WiiU's WiFi hardware the download should be complete by the 28th. At least that's how these things work out in my house :'(

• Advertisement

tailgunner wrote: »

iwata said 13th of november on last Nintendo direct

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's definitely the 13th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, no sleep on Wednesday night then?
    Will it unlock at midnight?
    Will our German and Polish cousins be getting it an hour earlier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMUqVHnMawQ

Wii U - Mario Kart 8 amiibo Trailer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DLC is out now!

I tried Link first, but as soon as I had to tackle those corners in Yoshi's Circuit with his drift-unfriendly weight, I had decided he's probably not the character for me!

There's not a dud among the tracks - they're all distinct and vibrant. F-Zero and Zelda tracks are as good as one would hope. Excitebike is great, especially since it's nice to have a track that's all about the jump boosts. I really like SNES Rainbow Road - it's a loyal adaptation (flat track and all), but visually it's very striking. Gold Mine reminds me of Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain in a good way. The other new tracks make excellent use of anti-grav and twisting design.

A no-brainer then if you're a fan of the game - they're confident, perfectly polished additions to the roster :)

with zelda cup course all race courses should decate to legend of zelda not just last race

I'm stunned though that the powers that be haven't elected to include a classic battle arena or two.
    But that's a minor gripe about possibly the best game of this generation, so far

i miss the thropy race, how come mk8 has no trophy race

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

Great value dlc. So far Nintendo has done dlc the correct way.
    Love the F-Zero and Zelda tracks. The one with the big Chinese dragon and Snes Rainbow Road are great too. Bit disappointed in the clone characters, bar Link. I would love to have seen Birdo and Diddy Kong instead.

• Advertisement

Great value dlc. So far Nintendo has done dlc the correct way.
    Love the F-Zero and Zelda tracks. The one with the big Chinese dragon and Snes Rainbow Road are great too. Bit disappointed in the clone characters, bar Link. I would love to have seen Birdo and Diddy Kong instead.

also rob and baby bowser

Advertisement