Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

You should have held out for the 50% off

Yea maybe I should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Got a call today myself offered me 50% off for 12months and 2months free entertainment pack with sports no contract

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Diego Murphy

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to avail of this offer?

I'm tempted as I qualify as a new customer, I hate calling them unless I'm sure it is available :)

I availed of this offer yesterday. €48 for the sports package with totally free installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I availed of this offer yesterday. €48 for the sports package with totally free installation.

that's great as the terms and conditions had a €30 install charge

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Diego Murphy

kooga wrote: »
    that's great as the terms and conditions had a €30 install charge
    And to be honest I didn't ask for anything extra. I just asked for the offer. I only had to pay a e10 deposit and I'll get that refunded on my first bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

johnf26 wrote: »
    Got a call today myself offered me 50% off for 12months and 2months free entertainment pack with sports no contract

Was your notice period up, I'm due to be cut off on 13th so wondering I could expect a call.
    BTW what do people think of UPC, the Horizon Max appears to be good value with SKY sports & mulitroom for €45 p.m. for 6 months. I heard there was a few issues with it which makes me reluctant to switch

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

I have just been on to sky and eventually they agreed to terminate my contract.they were only offering me 1/2 price sports for three months.
    looks like i will have to wait for the call or just do without..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

jhammer wrote: »
    This thread is great for existing customers but i don't know will new customers do any better than 25% off from the start. Looks a good deal.

I don't want the movies bundle, just sports. doesn't seem to be part of the deal.

As a new customer to Sky back in April this year... (I never had TV from them, but last year had moved phone and broadband to them)

I got a deal, any package I wanted (went for everything... HD, Sports, Movies.. the full monty, €96 per month, and got it for half price, €48 on a 12 month contract. Free Install, free dish, free HD WIFI box... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

jca wrote: »
    I'm going to call their bluff tomorrow,what number did you use? I'm paying €79 pm for variety,movies and multi room. I would like HD but it interferes with the card trick so I'll stay with SD. 50% off for 9 months would be brilliant.

what's the card trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Got disconnected last Friday. Had almost given up hope.. checked My Sky this morning and boom 50% off offer :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

If i sign up to the 25% off for new customers on the variety pack will i get offers to upgrade to sports during the contract or is the 48euro a month as good as i will get for sports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Cancelled last month & they wooed us back with 3 months free plus 9 @ half price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Got disconnected last Friday. Had almost given up hope.. checked My Sky this morning and boom 50% off offer :D

Is that on the Irish account, on My Sky, it shows 25% off plus a free SKY + box but when I rang up, they knew nothing about it only have the original 20% offered on my file

This post has been deleted.

Yes, rang the English number quoted on the offer. Was offered 50% off any package including sports & movies. Went with the Variety & HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

Cancelled last month & they wooed us back with 3 months free plus 9 @ half price.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Anyone get the letter today informing us that without HD you do not get the boxsets with on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

keng66 wrote: »
    Was your notice period up, I'm due to be cut off on 13th so wondering I could expect a call.
    BTW what do people think of UPC, the Horizon Max appears to be good value with SKY sports & mulitroom for €45 p.m. for 6 months. I heard there was a few issues with it which makes me reluctant to switch

Horizon is beyond bad. I got rid of it after a month. Have a look at the threads on here. It's slow and has so many issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Anyone get the letter today informing us that without HD you do not get the boxsets with on demand.

I did, I only cancelled my HD last month as my half price for a year ran out.

We never watch box sets, download them if we want them, so not a biggie here, himself said everyone mst be cancelling,

But they are offering half price for a year,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I got that letter too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Yes, rang the English number quoted on the offer. Was offered 50% off any package including sports & movies. Went with the Variety & HD.

Sweet, I'm on the countdown to my cancellation cut-off date, where on your My Sky login will this off be ? I'd probably upgrade to Sports if I got 50% off ;)

Got an email overnight "Where did we go wrong" asking me to complete a survey in relation to my cancellation.

To respond or not respond ??

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Respond by saying the service is too expensive.
    That'll do the trick!

Sweet, I'm on the countdown to my cancellation cut-off date, where on your My Sky login will this off be ? I'd probably upgrade to Sports if I got 50% off ;)

Was wondering that myself beforehand. It'll be there once you click 'My Sky' tab.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I got this letter yesterday but on mine, it also said "we are giving you FREE SKY+HD until end of April!"
    After that it will be automatically cancelled.
    That is on top of a half price offer on everything that is still going :D.
    So not only will I be able to watch the boxsets but I'll also get FREE HD until April (if I still have Sky ;)).
    Must have a look and see when the half price offer expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Got an email overnight "Where did we go wrong" asking me to complete a survey in relation to my cancellation.

To respond or not respond ??

I got the same and just completed, basically giving the opinion that the service is not value for money and that SKY need to look after their existing long-standing customers.
    Which is actually true and I will be letting the cancellation stand unless I get that 50% off offer.

Was wondering that myself beforehand. It'll be there once you click 'My Sky' tab.

35% for 12 months for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

So has everyone who cancelled or threatened to cancel received the 50% offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

nc6000 wrote: »
    So has everyone who cancelled or threatened to cancel received the 50% offer?

Never failed to get 50%
    If I need new equipment for any reason just re-join as a new member, new box remote and dish if needed
    Sky isn't worth the money at full price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Disconnected yesterday, 50% with UK number was on My Sky page yesterday....gone today..........what is the usual wait time for them to contact customers after cancellation?

Advertisement