Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

got my first win last night with zombie chow & auchenai soulpriest :p was digging pretty hard, but didnt manage to draw baron rivendare for the extra lulz unfort

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Wossack wrote: »
    got my first win last night with zombie chow & auchenai soulpriest :p was digging pretty hard, but didnt manage to draw baron rivendare for the extra lulz unfort

I hadn't thought of that synergy.. I do love me a silly Priest deck.

baron rivendare is pretty hilarious :p think theres gotta be loadsa funny decks involving him

day[9] got stung by one actually, so funny ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtKGRFrESEw&t=27m1s

reaction is hilarious - thats definitely gonna wind up in one of those 'plays of the week' vids :pac:

Wossack wrote: »
    baron rivendare is pretty hilarious :p think theres gotta be loadsa funny decks involving him

day[9] got stung by one actually, so funny ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtKGRFrESEw&t=27m1s

reaction is hilarious - thats definitely gonna wind up in one of those 'plays of the week' vids :pac:

That just seems broken.

I suppose if you stuff your deck full of silences then you can stop it from being pulled off.

I'm sure there's plenty of other examples like Sylvanas stealing your whole board or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gbear wrote: »
    That just seems broken.

I suppose if you stuff your deck full of silences then you can stop it from being pulled off.

I'm sure there's plenty of other examples like Sylvanas stealing your whole board or something.

It's still very gimmicky though. There hasn't been a consistent deck made as of yet that is capable of top tier play, it is however very fun when you do pull off some of the Rivendare combo's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I caved and bought naxx as well, but doing terriblely with heroic! Need more practice :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ravage1616 wrote: »
    I caved and bought naxx as well, but doing terriblely with heroic! Need more practice :P
    Heroic is all about gimmick decks (with a few exceptions at the start) from my experience; what do surprise me though is how easy they made normal. I understand they don't want to put the bar to high but you can pretty much face roll them with any standard deck (bar a few exceptions); I'd have expected them to tune it slightly harder then that.

Nody wrote: »
    Heroic is all about gimmick decks (with a few exceptions at the start) from my experience; what do surprise me though is how easy they made normal. I understand they don't want to put the bar to high but you can pretty much face roll them with any standard deck (bar a few exceptions); I'd have expected them to tune it slightly harder then that.

Given that people are paying money for it and a lot of them want to get the cards unlocked so they can ladder with them I think it's fair enough, really.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The average player doesn't play with competitive decks, they want normal to be beatable by any aul joe soap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The average player doesn't play with competitive decks, they want normal to be beatable by any aul joe soap.
    I'm not sure I'd call a Murloc deck competitive and it worked just fine :P. Heck TB has won with his legendary deck (all legendaries & two alarmo bots)

• Advertisement

As it turned out Noth was incredibly simple.

He has no removal so you just use Divine Spirit and Inner Fire and make a big 20-20 taunter by turn 5 and then hit him until he dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I feel the egg is perhaps too good. But i'm happy to see some new useful cards with Naxx.

I might actually push for legendary for the first time this month. I haven't tried since season 1 but there are no new games this month, so why not? :P

Good night tonight. Rank 6 and rising. Lots of time left in the month too so it's looking good.

Laddering makes me feel superior because I'm not using Miracle or Zoo. Actual effort! :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

zoo is even easier than last time i got legend with it, zombie chow + egg + haunted creeper
    it was only weak to aoe and now its not Oh look a 4/4 after your clear, good times.

zoo is even easier than last time i got legend with it, zombie chow + egg + haunted creeper
    it was only weak to aoe and now its not Oh look a 4/4 after your clear, good times.

Do cards like Unstable Ghoul, Spectral Knight and Sludge Belcher have any effect in slowing it down?

I think Reincarnate is my favourite so far. Serious shenanigans with that.

Not really no. I added two ghouls and two belchers and one Deathlord into my deck and they do help, but you need to get lucky and draw them. The problem with zoo is that its basically immune to getting a bad starting hand where as your opponent is not. If you get a good opening hand you can absolutely beat it.....but half the time you wont and it's an auto-loss.

Of course you can construct a deck entirely designed to defeat zoo but then you lose to hunter aggro which is just as popular plus every other deck out there so its not really viable......or fun.

The Naxx cards are clever as Blizzard attempts to stem the face punch that the game has turned into but they aren't going to do that by adding minions. They need to redesign how certain current spells and minions work and that's not really possible at this stage. Ship has sailed.

There is still the odd control warrior or priest out there but about 90% of your matches are going to be gimmicks like Miracle Rogue or some aggro variant.

not had it happen before, but had a pretty cheeky turn around, from a terrible start last night with maexxna, 2x divine spirit, inner fire - felt pretty mean tbh

Kirby wrote: »
    Not really no. I added two ghouls and two belchers and one Deathlord into my deck and they do help, but you need to get lucky and draw them. The problem with zoo is that its basically immune to getting a bad starting hand where as your opponent is not. If you get a good opening hand you can absolutely beat it.....but half the time you wont and it's an auto-loss.

Of course you can construct a deck entirely designed to defeat zoo but then you lose to hunter aggro which is just as popular plus every other deck out there so its not really viable......or fun.

The Naxx cards are clever as Blizzard attempts to stem the face punch that the game has turned into but they aren't going to do that by adding minions. They need to redesign how certain current spells and minions work and that's not really possible at this stage. Ship has sailed.

There is still the odd control warrior or priest out there but about 90% of your matches are going to be gimmicks like Miracle Rogue or some aggro variant.

Actually Miracle rogue has faded out of the meta almost completely with the resurgence of hunter and control warrior has a new variant that is doing extremely well and seeing a lot of play now. There's also a lot of priest play in the legend ranks. The Meta is starting to shift slowly since the release of Naxx!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Big Knox wrote: »
    Actually Miracle rogue has faded out of the meta almost completely with the resurgence of hunter and control warrior has a new variant that is doing extremely well and seeing a lot of play now. There's also a lot of priest play in the legend ranks. The Meta is starting to shift slowly since the release of Naxx!
    That's a bit of an odd one, I would have thought the prevalence of the egg would make it even tougher for priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

There's nothing gimmicky about Miracle Rogue or Aggro decks; you probably just don't like playing against them.
    I can't stand playing against control warrior or any of the equally slow druid decks but I don't think they're gimmicky just because they just sit there doing nothing but play counters waiting for the late game :p

• Advertisement

Seifer wrote: »
    There's nothing gimmicky about Miracle Rogue or Aggro decks; you probably just don't like playing against them.
    I can't stand playing against control warrior or any of the equally slow druid decks but I don't think they're gimmicky just because they just sit there doing nothing but play counters waiting for the late game :p
    That's why I love my Murloc deck; it's not the best deck out there as aggro goes but when you win you get a big grin on your face knowing that your opponent is likely cursing you :P (and you don't need the end game as a control warrior; ask my opponent with a flooded board when I played my Berzerker and whirlwinded twice for a 14/2 :P)

Blowfish wrote: »
    That's a bit of an odd one, I would have thought the prevalence of the egg would make it even tougher for priest.

It's only in the last week it's becoming popular. Dark Cultist and Zombie Chow are fantastic priest cards that give priest more board presence in the early game and they have enough clears as is with Nova, Auchenai + Circle and the Wild Pyro shenanigans!

It is a lot to do with Hunters dominance also, Mid range secret Hunter is the new Zoo and is the most common deck right now and while priest isn't a direct counter it handles it better than most other decks!

Seifer wrote: »
    There's nothing gimmicky about Miracle Rogue or Aggro decks; you probably just don't like playing against them. :p

Miracle rogue is the epitome of a gimmick deck. The idea is to cycle through your whole deck until you have shadowstep and Leroy. It's effective and quite clever, but it's a gimmick. There is only one win condition, and every victory involves this combo. Me loving it or hating it doesn't change this fact and is rather irrelevant.

Blowfish wrote: »

The most popular twitch hearthstone player, Amaz, plays Priest. That's the reason why. The second most popular guy called Reynad, plays warrior and hunter. Hence, there are tons of them about. People are quite simple, they see these guys play their decks and they copy it. Monkey see, monkey do. :P

The most popular twitch hearthstone player, Amaz, plays Priest. That's the reason why. The second most popular guy called Reynad, plays warrior and hunter. Hence, there are tons of them about. People are quite simple, they see these guys play their decks and they copy it. Monkey see, monkey do. :P

Amaz has been playing priest for months and it was never popular as it was shut out of the meta by tempo decks. With the meta slowing slightly, so many hunters around and with the addition of some good cards it now has its place. Again with hunter it is popular because it directly countered miracle rogue and does well in most match ups now with no real hard counter. (Bar backspace Rogue but everything else beats that at the moment).

I won't deny the big streamers have an impact on the kind of decks seen on the ladder but it's silly to think that everyone playing especially those in the legend ranks are running their decks because popular streamers play them.

I hate that everybody adds me after they lose and are like fuuu just using amaz deck noob, haha I certainly do not.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Amaz has been playing priest for months and it was never popular as it was shut out of the meta by tempo decks. With the meta slowing slightly, so many hunters around and with the addition of some good cards it now has its place. Again with hunter it is popular because it directly countered miracle rogue and does well in most match ups now with no real hard counter. (Bar backspace Rogue but everything else beats that at the moment).

I won't deny the big streamers have an impact on the kind of decks seen on the ladder but it's silly to think that everyone playing especially those in the legend ranks are running their decks because popular streamers play them.

You are giving people too much credit. People net deck. That's what they do. When I come against a player and can name you the 30 cards he is using by his first play, its obvious.

Obviously the people at legend rank are a different kettle of fish. They fine tune, they alter. But those are a couple thousand people out of the hundred thousand. The other 90% are net decking their way to their skill wall, with another 5% auto losing to rank 20 to grind golden heroes. :p

You are giving people too much credit. People net deck. That's what they do. When I come against a player and can name you the 30 cards he is using by his first play, its obvious.

Obviously the people at legend rank are a different kettle of fish. They fine tune, they alter. But those are a couple thousand people out of the hundred thousand. The other 90% are net decking their way to their skill wall, with another 5% auto losing to rank 20 to grind golden heroes. :p

Sorry I thought you were talking about Legend play specifically but yeah the mid to lower ranks are nothing but twitch and reddit flavour of the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

There are a ton of Priest decks because there finally is a cheap enough to build deck for priest that isn't bad in the current meta. Priest was ok in good hands before now but you needed quite a lot of dust to make the decks.

This is the primary reason for decks being popular in the mid ranks. It's never about just effectiveness or else we'd have been seeing a ton of Control Warriors a few seasons ago when they made up 10% at most of the mid level decks. Ditto Druid Control near beta times. At Legend or close to that ranks you saw them but before that dust cost was a major factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Whoever designed the Naxxramas Paladin class challenge should never be let near the game again.

• Advertisement

annoying alright...

just oozes when in his second phase or what? :o took 3 goes myself - dunno what the deck was aiming for!

Advertisement