Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HearthStone Heroes of Warcraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ramza wrote: »
    Since you play druid and control paladin I am going to recommend Cairne. Thalnos gets play in most midrange decks, control decks he's usually a toss up between him and another good 2 slot card. But yes dome lists have him, some don't. For control decks though, I feel Cairne outshines thalnos and is a rly nice staple 6 drop that sticks. Great in control. Sunwalker and cairne for 2 6 drops in any control deck is great IMO. BGH will help with the handlock matchup, so I don't think TBK is a necessity right now. I would recommend him as your next legendary maybe but for now I would definitely go cairne

I have a BGH (I've been running 1 and a Naturalise for emergency purposes) so I'll go with Cairne I think.

Thanks erbody.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Alternatively you could save the dust for crafting curse of naxxramas cards. If you play druid a lot you could go for Cenarius as well.

I've been fairly lucky with legendary cards getting most of the better ones from card packs.

Got golden Sylvanas, Thalnos, Cairne, Rag from packs. It's a pity I had already crafted Rag 2 weeks prior though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

BloodBath wrote: »
    Alternatively you could save the dust for crafting curse of naxxramas cards. If you play druid a lot you could go for Cenarius as well.

All Naxx cards are unlockable in the naxx adventure itself, as well as golden versions on harder difficulties :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just got my best pack by some distance. Thought it was too late for Arena so used the points for a pack. Rarely play Shaman though so not sure how good Al'Akir is.

wGVsdhU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

There are fair few midrange Shaman decks that use Al'Akir. Mainly the decision comes down to whether you have/want to use Doomhammer or Al'Akir since they serve essentially the same roles as finishers when combined with Rockbiter, Al'Akir has uses with combos with Faceless/whatever which is nice but is vulnerable to a lot more removal/counters than Doomhammer is in most metas though.

Nice card, fun if you put 2 x Rockbiter on him. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Prices are out; €21,99 for all wings (€17.99 if you get the first wing free by having an account or 2800 gold) or €5.99 / 700 gold per wing; details here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

As someone who's spent no money so far, I'm really tempted to spent 20 quid on this, and dump all the gold I was saving up into packs. Works out as slightly better value, though I can't help feeling I'm playing into Blizzards hands...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

quite the coincidence isn't it :p
    I have 2900 so I'll use that! Worked out fine!

Now to ignore hearthstone and watch the international 4 for a few weeks.

So apparently the golden versions of the Naxxramas cards are craftable, and that's the only way to get them. The internet seems to be delighted with this news, as with the pricing being so reasonable, they thought they had nothing to throw a hissy fit about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

quite the coincidence isn't it :p
    I have 2900 so I'll use that! Worked out fine!

Now to ignore hearthstone and watch the international 4 for a few weeks.

Dual Monitor man, Hearthstone was made for it. Just use a deck which doesn't require much thought like Zoo!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Raphael wrote: »
    So apparently the golden versions of the Naxxramas cards are craftable, and that's the only way to get them. The internet seems to be delighted with this news, as with the pricing being so reasonable, they thought they had nothing to throw a hissy fit about.
    I like the idea of them being craftable (as long as you have to earn the original once first) simply because it's a great gold (and dust) sink. I'm still undecided if I'll buy it with gold (I'm at 5.2k atm) or money (and spend the gold on doing arena runs for more dust / gold cards).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Big Knox wrote: »
    Dual Monitor man, Hearthstone was made for it. Just use a deck which doesn't require much thought like Zoo!! :p

ah I always do other things while playing hearthstone or I would be bored, it's very simple haha. Unfortunately there are 4 matches at once for many hours every day on for the dota so i need all the monitors for that :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Got another 12-win arena run today, had a nice deck and got a bit of luck.

Rewards:

UKXZJ1Bl.jpg

And in the second pack:

snkSD4Bl.png

Decklist: http://i.imgur.com/6Ex7Ujx.png

Strategy was pretty simple; survive with taunts/freezing/flamestrikes until lategame, then fireballs to the face.

I got an amazing win yesterday with a Priest Arena run.

I was down to 6 health and he ( a WarlocK) had lethal.

Go forth Thoughtsteal! Go forth and dig for glory!

I bet he wasn't expecting two Soulfires straight to the face.

Currently streaming my laddering efforts today if anyone wants to check it out, www.twitch.tv/RamzaHS :)

zE9wNntl.jpg

Gonna try and push for legend before Naxx drops, but probably wishful thinking :( All I've faced today is Handlock and Freeze Mages, which are both hard matchups for Miracle, well, that's my luck but gonna keep grinding it out! :cool:

Pushed from rank 7-4 5 stars in the last hour or so, here is a small snapshot of what I've been facing and how I've done

Miracle is OP

gMgYTCfl.png

Well first wing of Nax is live; I beat normal and class quests easily (only had to try twice for the druid class quest) and got my ass handed on the heroic version but I'm eager to try again. Sadly the servers are down so no more tonight I guess :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Cant connect at all hope they fix it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The lag has settled down now and it's playable at least. Happy Naxx is here but the adventure is very underwhelming. All the bosses bar heroic are simple with any deck and even heroic bosses only took 2 or 3 attempts each as the hero powers can be countered easily and are the only challenge.

Still very happy to have some new cards. Done some arena and a lot of this weeks new cards are making a show already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I had two games last night, and beat the first two bosses with my Mage deck, which still requires some tuning. Not particularly difficult, but would love some of those hero powers myself! :D

• Advertisement

Beat the 3 bosses on normal - Faerlina handed my ass to me a few times till I said '****it' and built a zoo deck to stomp her, then rolled straight through Maexxna

Did the Rogue class challenge as well, which was really quite fun. Haven't touched the heroics yet, expect I'll find them tough.

I went Control Warrior (due to Whirlwind to kill his peons); Murloc, Murloc ftw :P

Control Priest for the first heroic, Zoo for the second, and a stupid but fun gimmicky deck for the 3rd (Guardian of Kings + Earthen Ring Farseer + Captain Greenskin + Truesilver Champion).

Roll on Week 2

Raphael wrote: »
    Control Priest for the first heroic, Zoo for the second, and a stupid but fun gimmicky deck for the 3rd (Guardian of Kings + Earthen Ring Farseer + Captain Greenskin + Truesilver Champion).

Roll on Week 2
    Ended up going Handlock / Zoo / Modified Warrior deck (i.e. focus on early damage to fill the board with 1/1s and healers with suitable charge creatures and weapons for the end game). Also ended up buying the rest of the wings for cash and bought 24 more packs instead :P

I beat everything with priest, thanks for the OP card steal heh

Next naxxramas is out

also, the dream is real:

atk8w7l.jpg

Accidentally used naxxramas deck full of voodoo doctors, archers and boars :D

Beat normal and class challenges this morning; I have to say the Hunter challenge was the funniest to date and Loeb is a very fun boss to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JaffOs

Nody wrote: »
    Beat normal and class challenges this morning; I have to say the Hunter challenge was the funniest to date and Loeb is a very fun boss to play against.

I cant buy it :(

So what nax cards are people using so far, I tried the egg in a few decks and its a nice but probably suited to classes that can activate it for cheap and still trade well with it >Rouge cold blood, Warlock PO and paladin. Next is the 1/2 spider but other then that none jumped out as must use. Cant wait to try this weeks cards if they fix the problem with buying

How's everyone finding Naxx so far?

It was going to take all bloody year to save 2100 gold so I bought the last 3 wings.

The heroic bosses are seriously tough. So far I've only beaten Anub'Rekhan, Faerlina and Patchwerk.

It'll be interesting to see how the meta develops. At the moment nearly everyone seems to be using spider eggs and Loatheb.

• Advertisement

I have one heroic left to do and I have to get the latest wing tonight too. The bosses are ok if you cheese them :p
    I loved the hunter class challenge, it's been fun doing all these, but some were pretty damn fast!

eggs are awesome, sludge thing is good, priest card will be great.

Advertisement