Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Seaneh wrote: »
    You made fierce hard work of that game.

That US team is absolutely shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite and you needed extra time and barely held on. FFS. Your team is too good for that crap.

That said, Howard was unreal tonight.

MOTM for me!

the above can be said about Argentina and Germany also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    MOTM for me!

the above can be said about Argentina and Germany also

I agree, but seriously, every shot was low and beside him, anyone who watches football knows howard goes down very quickly but isn't great with balls played higher to the goal.

shows that the one fella that put it high(er) is the lad that trained with him all year

shows that the one fella that put it high(er) is the lad that trained with him all year

Yup.

But then he went low the next 2 (or 3?) times!!!

Here, how does it work when you defeat America ... Am I now part of the Leaders and Protectors of the free world?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm really sorry GT, but I am absolutely gutted for the US. I was willing that ball into the net for them. They seriously lack any real quality up front though.

All in all though, of the teams left Columbia are probably the favourites at this stage!! :D:D :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Here, how does it work when you defeat America ... Am I now part of the Leaders and Protectors of the free world?

They'll be arriving in Belgium to "free the people" soon enough, don't worry :pac:

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    They'll be arriving asking Belgium to "free the American people" soon enough, don't worry :pac:

FYP ;)

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm really sorry GT, but I am absolutely gutted for the US. I was willing that ball into the net for them. They seriously lack any real quality up front though besides Howard.

All in all though, of the teams left Columbia are probably the favourites at this stage!! :D:D :P

FYP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

If you're noticing that there are recent posts missing in this thread, it's because they either directly spoke about a ban, or banned member, or was in some way related to those posts. Rather than trying to choose which posts to edit/delete, and which ones to leave be, I think it makes more sense to just eliminate all of them in their entirety.

Furthermore, any more chat about bans, or banned members, could incur a warning/infraction.

:)

• Advertisement

Predictions for tonight?

2-1 Germany for me. Can't see Brazil doing it without Neymar or Silva who have both been Brazils star performers so far IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Yeah I brought up the banned member, apologies for that lads, should have known better having been involved in the United superthread for a while! :o

As for tonights match, I reckon Germany gonna be as clinical and ruthless as ever a close out a relatively comfortable win. T.Silva and Neymar are the last two players that Brazil would want to be missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I just hope Klose scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I'm not sure was it here on this forum or another forum but someone said that J Boateng would not see ANY game time at the WC!

Oh how I laughed, anyhow my point is he's played every game and looked very good all bar 1 game, surely a +1 or even a +2 (let's remember he plays for one of the best clubs and is first choice defender for the NT) is not out of the question?

I fancy Brazil tonight though, they have not played will and if Germany go in with the 'lets turn up and slaughter em' attitude and Brazil get the crowd going they might just have a good game in them!

Bayern win for me tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I just hope Klose scores.

Same I'd love to see him get the record, he#s already Germany's all time scorer, not given half enough credit at times, great player.

Yeeeeees!!!!!!!! Go on Klose!!!

faaaq 4 in 25mins!

faaaq 4 in 25mins!

I'm sorry but I'm in stiches here after seeing the little Brazilan fan crying after the 4th :pac::pac::pac:

Klose might be putting that scoring record well out of reach tonight ...

• Advertisement

I fancy Brazil tonight though, they have not played will and if Germany go in with the 'lets turn up and slaughter em' attitude and Brazil get the crowd going they might just have a good game in them!

Or not :eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry but I'm in stiches here after seeing the little Brazilan fan crying after the 4th :pac::pac::pac:

nevermind that, tho look of shock on urwans face when they went 2 down and all the women crying when they were 4 down

5-0 --- 1 or 2 more and the players will be crying each time a goal goes in

Gettin an absolute pasting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

They've been terrible the whole tournament, if it wasn't for bought refs they wouldn't be in the semis and Brazilian fans looking shocked. Who have they been watching.

Getting what they deserve.

Well, that's what happens when you lose effectively your only defender in Thiago Silva. It was so clear that they would miss him considerably more than they'd miss Neymar. At least they have another attacker in the form of Oscar who can somewhat fill Neymar's boots. They have no other defender after Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Retweeted by Soccer Manager
    Steven ‏@spgore 6m
    Wonder how many complaints we'd get on @SoccerManager from managers of #BRA if they went 5-0 down to #GER after 30 mins? #dodgymatchengine

Had predicted 2-1 to Germany here ... atleast dont think too many would have gotten this scoreline right :)

Well, man of the match tonight for Brazil was defo Neymar that's for damn sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I smell a double Dutch final.

David luiz is the worst Brazilian ever.

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    I smell a double Dutch final.

David luiz is the worst Brazilian ever.

Ever heard of Fred?

Advertisement