Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread!

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

It was an American fifa rep they were investigating, he then turned states evidence and started rolling on others - at least that is how I picked it up

They were in for WC 2022 I tink. Or 2018. They lost out, everyone cried "bribery!" and the yanks thought "nawwwwww, no way man"

Chuck Blazer (the fella who turned states) was the campaign manager for Jack Warner's first election to run CONCACAF. He set up an office in Florida back in the day when CONCACAF dint have much money goin thru it's books and set about drumming up interest in sponsorship. Cos lots of the BAD TINGS were done on yank soil and used yank banks the feds were able to go after it using their RICO lawses.

The rest is geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Heard some of it explained on Matt Cooper today

Circa 1989
    Blazer attended an Trinedad and Tobego Vs USA game as part of the official USA football federation.

He meets Warner here and convinces him to run for president of CONCACAF, with Blazer running the campaign.

Warner gets elected and appoints Blazer as his Vice-pres or Secretary or something like that

Blazer does deal with CONCACAF that he will handle all business tranactions through his company, taking 10% for the priveledge

CONCACAF TV right sold for $700,000,000 recently but at the start their transactions were in the 100,000s, not millions

Warner gets investigated and get booted from FIFA ( Blazer ratted on him)

Warner reports Blazer to US Tax Authorities in relation to all the money earned though his company in the US which went undeclared.

FBI an IRS picked up Blazer in 2011

Blazer squalled like a pig on any one and every one he knew about - assume simular to Riders in the Lance Armstrong investigation, when its Federal its truth or Prison ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Briefly heard something there on the news about John Delaney and the fai getting a pay off so as not to take action after Henry's handball. May have picked it up wrong though

Colemania wrote: »
    Briefly heard something there on the news about John Delaney and the fai getting a pay off so as not to take action after Henry's handball. May have picked it up wrong though

Got a 5m payoff to drop legal action agaisnt FIFA...

I assume this has Irish fans fuming, if they were willing to pay they must have been worried they might not win that case and Ireland could have gone to the WC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

I assume this has Irish fans fuming, if they were willing to pay they must have been worried they might not win that case and Ireland could have gone to the WC

I'd rather the payoff over a World Cup slot if that clown Delaney was sacked :( Jesus just looking at his big dopey open mouthed head makes my blood boil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

We would never have won that case, could you imagine if all referee mistakes went to court? It would have been a shambles, 5m was a decent result when we hadn't a leg to stand on (legally).

My concern would be where that money went.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Completely agree with Hercule, no way we would have won but fair play to Delaney for swinging the 5m, we just need to know what the swine did with the money or what it was spent on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

According to Sky News the €5m is on the books for the Aviva Stadium (this according to an FAI press release tonite)

Apparently Keane was driving and O'Neill asked 'So Roy, what really happened in Saipan?' ... Roy stood on the brakes ...

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0609/707041-ireland-management-team-involved-in-crash/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, could I ask two or three people to do me a quick favour via PM? I've got a little technical issue that I could do with some just checking the price of two or three specific items on Amazon, but I want to see what other people are seeing....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, could I ask two or three people to do me a quick favour via PM? I've got a little technical issue that I could do with some just checking the price of two or three specific items on Amazon, but I want to see what other people are seeing....

Shoot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Fire away

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks lads, PM sent. If I get the right answers back, it should be enough to have the two of ye. Just need to check something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Anybody play Ultimate Team on the PS4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Used play pro evo years ago but kept bursting controllers hopping them off the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Anybody play Ultimate Team on the PS4?

I do

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I do

Too late now :(

Gave the code away on the Fifa forum.

Advertisement