Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread!

Options
  • 30-01-2014 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Seeing as most seem to get on and have good banter on the league threads, I figured we may as well have a thread for non soccer manager stuff!!!

Had a nice accumulator on for tonight myself, just missed out cause of West Ham holding Chelsea! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Try a diff topic. Where we all liven and who we support.

I follow united and am from Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Right now on holiday in China for chinese new year and i am hung over!.

Right now on holiday in China for chinese new year and i am hung over!.

Who you manager of again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Try a diff topic. Where we all liven and who we support.

I follow united and am from Cork

I too am from Utd and support cork!!!! Ha!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I also support United. Southend United that is!! Oh and also the mighty Cork City too of course.

• Advertisement

Jesus 3 langers in 1 thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm from Belgium but moved to Ireland when I was 17 ... I had a choice and picked Cork ;) ..Been in Ireland now nearly as long as I was in Belgium.

Oh and my club in Belgium was / is Club Brugge, but I support "Newcastle Dissilusioned F.C." and also keep an eye on Swindon Town results due to family ties to swindon.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm from Belgium but moved to Ireland when I was 17 ... I had a choice and picked Cork ;) ..Been in Ireland now nearly as long as I was in Belgium.

Oh and my club in Belgium was / is Club Brugge, but I support "Newcastle Dissilusioned F.C." and also keep an eye on Swindon Town results due to family ties to swindon.

If we keep going with the Cork heads we'd have a 5 a side game going!!!

How many of ye play ball? Who with?and what level?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I play with the County Council in the Cork Business & Shipping league. We reached a cup final last season which was played at Turners' Cross.

Of course, when I say "play", what I actually mean is I stand on the sideline and look on!! :D :P :) ......... :(

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    I play with the County Council in the Cork Business & Shipping league. We reached a cup final last season which was played at Turners' Cross.

Of course, when I say "play", what I actually mean is I stand on the sideline and look on!! :D :P :) ......... :(

Really!!!! I've played against you then a lot of times! Ha!!!! I played with the groves/LCs for years man!!!! Small world!!!!

How many of ye play ball? Who with?and what level?

Shipping league and AUL 2 for years man, too many clubs to name, mostley the groves and Blackpool Celtic, played with Hillington too for a while years back

Really!!!! I've played against you then a lot of times! Ha!!!! I played with the groves/LCs for years man!!!! Small world!!!!

What do The Groves call themselves now?? It's so hard to keep up with names given that there's always a whole host of them changing every season!!

LC = Lakelands Celtic??

What do The Groves call themselves now?? It's so hard to keep up with names given that there's always a whole host of them changing every season!!

LC = Lakelands Celtic??

No lc were just lc services...... Groves are the josh now

No lc were just lc services...... Groves are the josh now

Ah yes, the Joshua Tree!!

Yeah sure Lakelands are a new team. Used to play in the AUL as Mahon I think but folded and started up a new team in the CBSL.

Yeah sure Lakelands are a new team. Used to play in the AUL as Mahon I think but folded and started up a new team in the CBSL.

Yup had some great games against yourselves!!!!

I was half mess in bout the 5 a side but if there was interest why not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hello :)

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hello :)

Bonjour

No no. The lake lands is made up of ex Ringmahon players who all MSL for them.

I played a half a season shipping league with kilcully decking 3 years back mite have crossed paths!

No no. The lake lands is made up of ex Ringmahon players who all MSL for them.

I played a half a season shipping league with kilcully decking 3 years back mite have crossed paths!

What other aul teams u play for man?

Still think a 5 a side might be a laugh!!

• Advertisement

What other aul teams u play for man?

Still think a 5 a side might be a laugh!!

Casement Dunbar Greenwood Evergreen & MSL with Everton

Casement Dunbar Greenwood Evergreen & MSL with Everton

Oh Dunbar???? Pm on the way!

Next thing ye'll discover ye are cousins :D

Next thing ye'll discover ye are cousins :D

How bout you man? Play any ball?

Played in Belgium through every age group upto u16's

moved to Ireland, signed for the local team in the west cork league, played every game while the coach was on a few months hol in US, he came back and all of a sudden 'local' guys started getting game time and mine reduced week on week.

then for a west cork cup final (even though fellas would get a fair shot, ie show for training and you are on the panel) I found out I wasnt on the panel despite making EVERY training, and other fellas who'd missed 40-50% of training were in --- at 1/2 time I got in my car and fecked off, refused the stupid minature cup when they brought it round to mine after.

Havent played since (other than the odd friendly 5-a-side while in college)...

Played in Belgium through every age group upto u16's

moved to Ireland, signed for the local team in the west cork league, played every game while the coach was on a few months hol in US, he came back and all of a sudden 'local' guys started getting game time and mine reduced week on week.

then for a west cork cup final (even though fellas would get a fair shot, ie show for training and you are on the panel) I found out I wasnt on the panel despite making EVERY training, and other fellas who'd missed 40-50% of training were in --- at 1/2 time I got in my car and fecked off, refused the stupid minature cup when they brought it round to mine after.

Havent played since (other than the odd friendly 5-a-side while in college)...

Yup sounds like Ireland for sure!!!! Lost count how many excellent players have left clubs over the years over "managers favorites"

Be up for a 5a side if we got numbers??

Yup sounds like Ireland for sure!!!! Lost count how many excellent players have left clubs over the years over "managers favorites"

Be up for a 5a side if we got numbers??

depends mate ....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I also support United. Southend United that is!!

Me too, obviously. Making Southend United officially the best supported football club in the Soccermanager board (until other people say who they support)...

I think Eirrannbear supports United, Newcastle United, Same as myself...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Just after bagging free BT Sports for next two months, job :cool:

Advertisement