Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

He just gets it coz he ain't Neymar.

Fred needs delivery and got none he would never take on people like klose get it to him around the box he stands a chance but if you want him to make mazing runs good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

JamboMac wrote: »

Fred needs delivery and got none he would never take on people like klose get it to him around the box he stands a chance but if you want him to make mazing runs good luck.

Ah he couldn't kick snow off a rope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Getting him unrooted from the one patch of grass would be a start...

Anytime I've seen him he's been awful, yeah he scored lots of goals for Lyon back in the day but anyone (ahem Sturridge) can go on a good run..

Does not make them a top striker...

He could have done more tonight, like moved or something

I'm glad that the Irish panel have finally realised that grass roots is ruined by the tactic of let's play all the tall kids and people wonder why we are shocking when we get to international.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Well, man of the match tonight for Brazil was defo Neymar that's for damn sure!

Eh....that's a tad harsh on Thiago Silva don't you think. Before tonight it has been Silva who has been their most vital player, and that was really evident tonight.

He is their one man defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

The Germans were soo good (or the Brazilians were soo poor) today, not even the refs from the Brazil-Colombia/croatia games could have delivered Brazil a win tonight...

Wilberto wrote: »
    Eh....that's a tad harsh on Thiago Silva don't you think. Before tonight it has been Silva who has been their most vital player, and that was really evident tonight.

He is their one man defence.

Yeah I made that comment more in jest than anything else mate!

It does go to show though exactly how good T Silva is, not only a top CB but he has to make D Luiz look good too! Wow, hard job on his hands, I'd say he cried himself to sleep when side show Bob signed for PSG!!!!

What's everybody else guessing, I think holland 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

due to the fact that
    • I'm 3rd in the work prediction league
    • 50% of the 150 people in said work prediction league have Argentina winning
    • 8 of the top 10 have Argentina as WC winners
    • only 1 lad has holland and he is in 138 place at the moment(so only he can get points for predicting them as finalists

I NEED the Netherlands to win dont care by how much, or how long it takes them ...

There are only 8 of us in work so we drew groups instead of teams. I was delighted to get Spain but look how that turned out :mad: delighted to still be there with Holland but in truth I don't mind who wins now! I like Germany as a team, have Holland in the draw and would like to see Messi to win a WC, so happy days whatever happens :)

• Advertisement

What's everybody else guessing, I think holland 1-0.

I've been slaughtered bet wise in this tournament...

One last shot at it, went for a simple both teams to score @ 5-1 so don't care bout the result as long as the big names have their shooting boots on!

I've a feeling for the Dutch though....

* That'll be the Argie's then :D:D:D

I've been slaughtered bet wise in this tournament...

One last shot at it, went for a simple both teams to score @ 5-1 so don't care bout the result as long as the big names have their shooting boots on!

I've a feeling for the Dutch though....

* That'll be the Argie's then :D:D:D

Is that over 90 mins, yeah?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Is that over 90 mins, yeah?

Yup, not bad odds for just 2 goals

Would nearly throw a tenner on myself!

The only thing I got wrong was I put chile beating Brazil then Colombia and they would have lost to Germany.

I have a Dutch final with holland winning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Only 18 minutes left now!! :D :P

Whoever wins tonight, I know one thing football lost.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Only 18 minutes left now!! :D :P

They could play for a few days and not score... If only my Lazio were as consistent as my betting! Lol!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

While I want Germany to win it I said to myself before the world cup I'd be happy to see Argentina win it too. Delighted as either way I'll be happy with the winners :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

All I need now is Messi to score a hat trick in the final :)

• Advertisement

TBH, at the quarter final stage, I was rooting totally against both Argentina and the Netherlands. Both seem to end up playing rather pedestrian football. I'm particularly disappointed in the latter as they started the competition in fantastic fashion by hammering Spain 5-1 (that seems like such a long time ago now!), but have seemed to grow out of the tournament.

By the time it got to the semi final stage, I didn't really mind who won between Germany and Brazil. All I wanted was for either one of them to progress and hammer whichever one of the other two teams they meet in the final because, tbh, I don't think either of them deserve to even be there, let alone win it!!

But that's just my opinion!! :D :P :)

Do you think Brazil deserved to be in the final?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Do you think Brazil deserved to be in the final?

I think Thiago Silva and Neymar deserve a World Cup winner's medal each. I mean, a team consisting of two fantastic players and 9 other men managed to get to the semi final. That says a lot about the two players. The two players deserve endless amounts of praise for their amazing efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hi lads :)
    Hows the weather?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

MrMac84 wrote: »

It's positively gorgeous here...

Isn't it lads.

ISNT IT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Al Capwned wrote: »

Isn't it lads.

ISNT IT!!!!!

It is actually nice in Mayo right now. Blue sky and some sun.

And it's all hidden behind the huge grey clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Cavan is dull.. and depressing.. and makes me emotional..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I get depressed here too

When I realise it's gone midnight and my all inclusive free beer is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I get depressed here too
    When I realise it's gone midnight and my all inclusive free beer is finished

large.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »

Isn't it lads.

ISNT IT!!!!!

More importantly, it's actually quite nice in Cork. Today was slightly overcast, but still quite a warm and bright day. Tomorrow (today really as it's after 5 (WTF am I still doing up?!)) should be a scorcher though......

...So there...:p:p

Advertisement