Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Seaneh wrote: »
    Better picture of Stevie G.

528119_4432791937079_287830099_n.jpg?itok=-eZIP3kk

Clearly a fake pic.

Trophies at Everton!

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahaha

sigh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Old First Division trophy and charity shield from the 84/85 season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

JamboMac wrote: »
    Looks like Luke shaw is gonna be the second signing upto 40 million.

So who is gonna be the next signing, total turn around from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Its rumoured that herrera and shaw had been identfied by moyes as summer targets.

Is Shaw realy worth more than Rooney was at the time he was bought (not forgetting Newcastle forced man u's hand in the Rooney deal by offering £25m, making united having to bid higher(than they had planned) - so rooneys initial value was prob more in the 20-22m range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Right now no shaw isn't worth that money, but the same would been said about bale all them years ago.

I'd say we'll end up with some Dutch talent Depay and maybe strootman.

I'm sure vangall probably would have preferred to sign all foreign players but then all the English media would be on his back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I just had a Liverpool fan tell me United overspent, or as he put it, "let southampton r*pe them for every penny they could, just because he had one good season".

I simply replied "Andy Carroll".

He hasn't replied yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Have a feeling the next one in the door will be from Juve.....

Have a feeling the next one in the door will be from Juve.....[/QUOTE

I'd **** me balls if yous sign him

No chance of it happening, tankfully ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Strootman or De Vrij are the next likely signings.

Ofcourse, taken from twitter and the United Superthread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Coleman signs a five-year deal - could be Everton's most important signature this summer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Is Shaw realy worth more than Rooney was at the time he was bought (not forgetting Newcastle forced man u's hand in the Rooney deal by offering £25m, making united having to bid higher(than they had planned) - so rooneys initial value was prob more in the 20-22m range.
    Is he worth more then DeGea?Keane?Stam?Irwin?Cantona?Cole?Ronaldo? Money is relevent too situation,
    You can look at what other clubs paid recently too for English talent too see how much "English tax" adds too players

Coleman signs a five-year deal - could be Everton's most important signature this summer

When he moves he'll be a 30-40 million player I think

Whats the recorded transfer fee for an irish player? One of Robbie Keanes moves?

Yes because they won't actually sign any players

33pVOBS.jpg?1

MrMac84 wrote: »

Whats the recorded transfer fee for an irish player? One of Robbie Keanes moves?

Keane's combined move fees were over 70m. Tink his highest was 19m to Liverpool. 70 don't sound like much these days (would only buy you two Fellainis) but in context of when he started out it's nuts. Some career.

bazarakus wrote: »
    Keane's combined move fees were over 70m. Tink his highest was 19m to Liverpool. 70 don't sound like much these days (would only buy you two Fellainis) but in context of when he started out it's nuts. Some career.

Keane is somewhere in the top ten for the highest transfer fees accumulated in a career - or something like that

And of course Everton will sign someone - we need a new tea lady :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I think it's still Damien Duff's move to Chelsea, is it?

Wilberto wrote: »
    I think it's still Damien Duff's move to Chelsea, is it?

Nope that was £17million, Keane to Liverpool was £19million.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Anyone else fancy the US to beat Belgium? I think that, if the Belgians play the way they did in the group stages, USA's hard work and industry will be enough to win the game despite their apparent lack of talent.

Nope that was £17million, Keane to Liverpool was £19million.

Yeah, I knew Duff's transfer fee was £17m sterling, and I knew Robbie's fee was 19m. I wasn't sure what currency the 19m was denoted in though. I had hope it was the euro. :D

Anyone else fancy the US to beat Belgium? I think that, if the Belgians play the way they did in the group stages, USA's hard work and industry will be enough to win the game despite their apparent lack of talent.

Defensively the US are quite decent, but they rely way too heavily on Dempsey upfront - and the Belgians are very good at the back - if the US do do it then I think it will be penalties - I will be backing a draw (after 90 mins)

• Advertisement

I don't get this "hard work" and "organised" defence that people are talking about with the US. They have been piss poor. They have given more poseession away than any other team in the tournament and I' wager more sights on goal than any other team as well, Ghana and Portugal being abysmal infront of goal and Germany playing the game at half speed meant they got away extremely easy.

They have't a single ounce of creativity or invention, their only attacking threats are Fabian Johnnson and Dempsey and at the back Beasley and Beasler are liabilities.

If it wasn't for Howard they would have finished bottom of that.

And Bradley, despite covering more ground than anyone else on in the first round of the tournament has been the single most useless central midfielder I've ever seen in a world cup.

I honestly think they are the worst team I've ever seen in the second round of the world cup. I'd rank Algeria and Greece as better teams.

That said, Belgium have been sh*te too so the game could go either way.

That said, Belgium have been sh*te too so the game could go either way.

Which is exactly why I said USA will advance at the expense of the Belgians. I know USA are lacking in talent. In fact I've even said that in my post. But how many times have we seen an underdog win simply because the favourites play far too slow to create any real meaningful chances.

If Belgium actually play with a bit of urgency, and that they actually want to progress to the next round, then it could easily be a cricket score (depending on how well Tim Howard does!).

If Hazard and Mertens turn it on and De Bruyne doesn't have another stinker and Lukaku actually remember he's a striker they SHOULD tear that US back line to shreads.

I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Defour suspended is a blessing in disguise, he's such a shockingly average player.

Yellow card on the way for trolling GT

:):):)

Yellow card on the way for trolling GT :):):)

Damn! I thought I was being so subtle and all!

.........and I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for them pesky kids!!:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Anyone that has BT Sports, the ESPN sports documentary series 30 for 30 is on BTSports2 from Tuesday night at 7 and for every day in July.

For anyone that hasn't seen any of them, try watch them - some absolutely brilliant entertainment.

Oh dear, oh dear.

David Luiz scores a goal and then causes a goal. What a crap defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Oh dear, oh dear.

David Luiz scores a goal and then causes a goal. What a crap defender.

Wouldn't put the blame solely on Luiz. Horrible touch from Hulk and no cover from Luiz and Silva. Good finish from Sanchez

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Wouldn't put the blame solely on Luiz. Horrible touch from Hulk and no cover from Luiz and Silva. Good finish from Sanchez

Hulk lost the ball cheaply but as usual Luiz was totally out of position and made zero effort to recover. Playing beside him must be like having a man sent off in defence. Silva was in position covering the other side of the pitch with Alvez, as he should be when the ball is in the left corner of their own half, Luiz, Marchelo and Hulk were the ones at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

James Rodriguez ....

WHAT. A. GOAL!

Advertisement