Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

JamboMac wrote: »
    United have confirmed his signing on 4 year deal.

On another note does anybody think Barcelona ban will actually ever be enforced, the Spanish teams always manage to get themselves out of their convictions.

The barca ban was appealed so not in effect yet until that's been sorted out. They will just keep appealing it until they get it down to nothing.

Yeah looks official, Man U's twitter and facebook and Herrera's twitter all saying it.

Great signing for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Whatever happened to freddy adu and can anybody else remember absolute flops which where hailed as the next pele?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Whatever happened to freddy adu and can anybody else remember absolute flops which where hailed as the next pele?

Think he plays for some obscure Norwegian club now.

Some gems I remember the media coming out with over the years:

Kleberson - The New Rivaldo

Eric Djemba Djemba - The new Roy Keane

David Bellion - The new Thierry Henry

There United examples however they stick out as I slag my mate who's a massive United fan :p

To tell you the truth I think the media can be just as destructive to a players career as themselves tbh. My main gripe is their carry on with English goalkeepers.

Allegedly when he was ten his mother turned down a 6 figure some from inter, very silly woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Klose is on now for Germany hope he gets a goal and takes the record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Herrera going from a champions league club to some mid-table hoofers. It's a step down whichever way you spin it. Still I'm sure he could use the silly wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

John Bostock and Cherno Samba, big flops

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Flops?

Albert Luque and Marcelo at newcastle

On WC related business

Januzaj starts for Belgium today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    On WC related business

Januzaj starts for Belgium today.

How about Origi?

Looks like USA next round for Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Leeds United's new jersey came out today...

Its beautiful!!

We are like the Real Madrid of English football!!!!

That US side is the worst team I have ever seen qualify for the second round of the world cup, by a distance.
    2 players in their entire squad who of any quality are Howard and Dempsey and both of those are not near world class.

Very poor side over all and I cannot believe Portugal only got a draw with them.

Looks like Luke shaw is gonna be the second signing upto 40 million.

That's ridiculous money.

How about Origi?

Looks like USA next round for Belgium.

Nope, mirales and mertens complete front 3

Seaneh wrote: »
    That's ridiculous money.

Ridiculous that they're buying all these players up without the new manager even being on the job yet.

bazarakus wrote: »
    Ridiculous that they're buying all these players up without the new manager even being on the job yet.

Not really, I'm pretty sure LVG is giving his blessing.
    He, like 99% of managers in Europe doesn't sign players himself, the club sign them and he manages them. It's how he's always worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where you see that?

Not really, I'm pretty sure LVG is giving his blessing.
    He, like 99% of managers in Europe doesn't sign players himself, the club sign them and he manages them. It's how he's always worked.

Man United aren't in Europe tho are they? Physically or competitively as it goes.

• Advertisement

Man United aren't in Europe tho are they? Physically or competitively as it goes.

Er, yes they are. Britain is part of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Haha WTF!?

Er, yes they are. Britain is part of Europe.

What I meant was the European norm/model you refer to whereby the general manager rather than the coach (like Van Gaal) signs the players is the norm in European/continental clubs. It is not the norm in England. Where man united are from like.

What I meant was the European norm/model you refer to whereby the general manager rather than the coach (like Van Gaal) signs the players is the norm in European/continental clubs. It is not the norm in England. Where man united are from like.

Er, exactly, LVG is used to the set up where he isn't signing players. Which was exactly my point. And English clubs have been "normalising" towards how the rest of Europe works for a long while now. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and now Man U all have a system where the manager just manages the squad and the club signs players.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where you see that?

Their my sources:P

Er, exactly, LVG is used to the set up where he isn't signing players. Which was exactly my point. And English clubs have been "normalising" towards how the rest of Europe works for a long while now. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and now Man U all have a system where the manager just manages the squad and the club signs players.

A fair point, and well made. Both "signings" seem a little Moyseian to me that's all. No offense meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Even the mighty Sunderland have adopted that approach.

The other system (manager decide on players) does work aswell tho.

Just leave moyes' time at OT and concentrate on his Everton reign,

He had a room set up where only him and the coaching staff were allowed access and it had whiteboards all round the room, with the current squad outlined, then a squad in 1,2,3,4,5,10 years time with what players he sees in each position. notes on who will be leaving, who would retire, who would come up from the youths ... this is the system he used to decide on who to buy.

:D

10151980_707528529283271_1564678819378655572_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Better picture of Stevie G.

528119_4432791937079_287830099_n.jpg?itok=-eZIP3kk

Advertisement