Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

jeffk wrote: »
    LeanData
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teqtic.leandata
    "It can enable/disable WiFi, Cellular Data (2G, 3G, LTE), and Bluetooth after a certain time with the screen off to conserve battery power and lower data usage."

KinScreen
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teqtic.kinscreen
    "KinScreen is a lightweight application that automatically manages the screen time-out. It keeps your screen on when you need it (convenient) and turns it off when you don't (battery savings). No more annoying screen timing out while you are reading or thinking!"(Basically keep moving your screen so it doesn't lock,handy if you want to set it for 30 seconds to save power,but don't want it to keep locking mid action)
    The leandata app doesn't appear to be working .Am I doing something with the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

seligehgit wrote: »
    The app doesn't appear to be working .Am I doing something with the settings?
    Which one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Is there an official app for boards.ie? Or a good non official?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dakid wrote: »
    Is there an official app for boards.ie? Or a good non official?

Theres an official app launching soon. Theres a couple of unofficial ones but are just wrappers for the touch site & no better then a bookmark

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

There's nothing wrong with the touch version of boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

They say the unofficial apps are the cause of the double posts you see on here from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Agree with you, i find it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Thanks for the feedback.

seligehgit wrote: »
    The leandata app doesn't appear to be working .Am I doing something with the settings?

Make sure its on at the top.then after lower the minutes and see?
    It will turn back on when you turn on/unlock the screen,so its only possible to see wifi/data turn back on for a split second

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

No "trending" or "thanks" tab on the touch site like there is on the full site.

Hopefully the full app will accommodate those in some way.

On useful apps, I use 'Autoguard' as a great dash cam recorder while driving.

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭corkie

Grab 9 photo editing apps free from amazon today!

Unfortunately, we can not redeem amazon coins from Ireland!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

corkie wrote: »
    Grab 9 photo editing apps free from amazon today!

Unfortunately, we can not redeem amazon coins from Ireland!

You can if you register a uk address and change your country to uk in settings. Got 2800 coins today worth £28

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

On the subject of mirroring, is there any good app to mirror to PC? Using a Samsung S4.

Velis Auto Brightness
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.velis.auto.brightness

"Get the fun back to your auto brightness...

Usage manual & FAQ: http://velisthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/10/velis-auto-brightness-manual.html
    XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1910521
    e-mail: jure.erznoznik@gmail.com

Note: Notification is mandatory for this app because without it Android will stop the service too often for too long. There's no use in auto brightness if it doesn't work half the time. So before you give a one star review, consider this fact and my assurance that I'm trying to find a more user-friendly way. I will no longer respond to "it has an ugly notification" type of ratings.
    Also please see homepage about language support. Any translation help most welcome!

Velis auto brightness aims to provide the best possible brightness experience by using your devices sensors to determine the environment you're in. You have complete control over how much brightness will be applied for any given light condition, from selecting the sensors used to fully customizable brightness graph. This is a replacement for system provided auto-brightness functionality usually found in Settings / Display / Brightness"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Folks, I'm looking for an App/Widget that I can install which will let me know if my phone has lost my network signal. I've been out walking the dogs and have missed calls due to my phone losing my network (tesco mobile). I sometimes have to reboot the phone to get the network back.

On a side note, are you more likely to have a better signal when you switch from 3g to 2g, what exactly are the pro's and con's of 2g and 3g for network signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Folks, I'm looking for an App/Widget that I can install which will let me know if my phone has lost my network signal. I've been out walking the dogs and have missed calls due to my phone losing my network (tesco mobile). I sometimes have to reboot the phone to get the network back.

On a side note, are you more likely to have a better signal when you switch from 3g to 2g, what exactly are the pro's and con's of 2g and 3g for network signal.

You'll have no data on 2g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

You'll have no data on 2g

Cheers, I have a widget that I use to switch on and off data when I need it. Makes sense to leave phone on 2g so when not using data. Does it reduce network signal strenght when you're on 2g.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Reg'stoy wrote: »

Llama should do that easy enough.
    You should be able to hang on to a 2g connection easier as it's simply more widespread. Easier on the juice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Pique wrote: »
    Llama should do that easy enough.
    You should be able to hang on to a 2g connection easier as it's simply more widespread. Easier on the juice too.

hi , could you explain Llama a bit more?
    ive looked at the play store etc
    problem we have is crossing the border into northern ireland once a week.
    everytime we lose the network and have to reboot the phone
    will this app prevent this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Did you try switch Airplane mode on and then off? Usually this forces the phone to look for a network again and its quicker than rebooting.

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »
    Did you try switch Airplane mode on and then off? Usually this forces the phone to look for a network again and its quicker than rebooting.

yeah that works sometimes but not all times!
    very annoying
    i think its because we use tesco mobile and they piggyback O2
    maybe something to do with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    yeah that works sometimes but not all times!
    very annoying
    i think its because we use tesco mobile and they piggyback O2
    maybe something to do with that?

Try this to find a new connection.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=clean.connection
    It does kinda the same as turning on and off airplane mode but much handier.

As for Llama, it takes a bit of getting used to and some setting up. Basically, you make it learn the area you are in (it picks up the cell tower information) and then you can tell it to do something when it is in that area.
    So for instance, you could make it learn the towers where you normally cross the border and lose coverage, then the next time you cross there and it sees those towers, tell it to run the app I linked to (or reboot) and turn off data roaming, or whatever . That should force the phone to pick up the carrier in the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

I am looking to mirror my phone on to the TV. The TV (LG Smart) has miracast but I cant find miracast on my phone (samsung S3 mini). I have connected my phone to the TV with wifi direct and can view videos and photos from my phone on the TV but can't seem to get the TV to mirror the phone. I have Mobdro and it would be handy to view on the TV. Can my phone be mirrored on the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

aido76 wrote: »
    I am looking to mirror my phone on to the TV. The TV (LG Smart) has miracast but I cant find miracast on my phone (samsung S3 mini). I have connected my phone to the TV with wifi direct and can view videos and photos from my phone on the TV but can't seem to get the TV to mirror the phone. I have Mobdro and it would be handy to view on the TV. Can my phone be mirrored on the TV?

I don't have your phone so I don't know about your device but I have a Note 2 on 4.4.2 and there is in settings under connections an option of screen mirroring. Do you have that on your phone?

I'm on Android 4.1.2 and I don't see an option for screen mirroring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭corkie

I'm on Android 4.1.2 and I don't see an option for screen mirroring.

Miracast support on android is only available after android version 4.2.

A bit of searching got me the above information.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Buy an MHL adapter on Amazon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

I have an s4 and am looking for an app that will allow me to set up a sound profile. As in, if im at work and I only want my ringing and text messaging to make a sound (so things like viber, whatsapp,fb messenger are all quiet). Anyone know of something, or even if the s4 allows you to do it?

thanks Pique for the advice , will try it and see how it goes

• Advertisement

Buy an MHL adapter on Amazon.

Are these available for the S3 mini? I seen them for the S3 & 4 but not the mini.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement