Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

simonmln wrote: »
    I have an s4 and am looking for an app that will allow me to set up a sound profile. As in, if im at work and I only want my ringing and text messaging to make a sound (so things like viber, whatsapp,fb messenger are all quiet). Anyone know of something, or even if the s4 allows you to do it?

sounds like something tasker can do....(havent used it only read about it)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

simonmln wrote: »
    I have an s4 and am looking for an app that will allow me to set up a sound profile. As in, if im at work and I only want my ringing and text messaging to make a sound (so things like viber, whatsapp,fb messenger are all quiet). Anyone know of something, or even if the s4 allows you to do it?

I use AutomateIt. It's free.

I just had a look at it. You can set any of the following triggers.

Time - I suppose you're working hours.
    Cell ID - If your connected to a particular cell tower
    Wifi Network Available - If you have WiFi in work you can get the rule to fire if the SSID of your work network is found.
    Location - This might be the best. Doesn't seem to use GPS and will work with Coarse Accuracy

When one of those triggers is activated you can set the rule to turn your notifications down. I think Viber will use the same volume as your SMS messages so I don't know if you can disable the sound on Viber without disabling the sound on your SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.plagueinc

prob been posted here before but new to me.

very addictive game Plague INC.

basically you create a virus and try to wipe out the human population , entertaining stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Google have bought Word lens, which translates stuff when travelling, and it is now free. It is quite large 40Mb as it has the dictionaries built in, so does not need a network connection.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Google have bought Word lens, which translates stuff when travelling, and it is now free. It is quite large 40Mb as it has the dictionaries built in, so does not need a network connection.

Just tried it. It actually works surprisingly well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Anyone using Google+ photo backup try the new Google+ app, it has a very good new feature called stories that creates a nice automatic scrapbook with your photos, really cool.
    http://mashable.com/2014/05/20/google-plus-stories/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭corkie

Anyone else finding the app SB (can't be named here) very slow downloading at the moment?

I have been using flixtor instead and have download 3 episodes of a show in the time it would take the other app to download one!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Yeah, been a bit glitchy for me the last few days. It's always been slow to download anything from though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Didn't notice any disimprovement in the app which can't be named's download speed for me tonight. Slow enough at best of times, fine for streaming though.

Oh, and Flixtor has been removed from the play store now too, so possibly it will become another app name we have to avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

is there an app to block all these banner ads on opera mobile?

or do I need a different browser app
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

is there an app to block all these banner ads on opera mobile?

or do I need a different browser app
    thanks

You could get adblock or adfree, but you need root for them... Will work across all apps if you get them.

dulpit wrote: »
    You could get adblock or adfree, but you need root for them... Will work across all apps if you get them.

I have root

I tried adblock plus there but didn't seem to work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I have root

I tried adblock plus there but didn't seem to work

I find AdAway very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Adfree works a treat for me: http://adfree.bigtincan.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Javelin Browser has Ad-Block built in. Nice browser too. Little unpredictable with performance after an update for some reason :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Javelin Browser has Ad-Block built in. Nice browser too. Little unpredictable with performance after an update for some reason :/

Thanks. Works well for blocking the ads.

I'm trying out the javelin browser for the sites with banners

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

corkie wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the app SB (can't be named here) very slow downloading at the moment?

I have been using flixtor instead and have download 3 episodes of a show in the time it would take the other app to download one!
    How do you download on fixtor, I only see a streaming option?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

How do you download on fixtor, I only see a streaming option?

You need pro version.

Edit:Wrong apparently, see below.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭corkie

You need pro version.

I don't have the Pro version, but can download by clicking on the torrent link.

Edit: And since it's gone from the playstore, you can not buy the pro version that way anymore.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    I don't have the Pro version, but can download by clicking on the torrent link.

Oh yeah, you're right. Works for me too, wonder why they listed it as a feature of pro version (if I recall correctly)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,805 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody recommend a good back up app ?

emmetkenny wrote: »

Titanium but you'll need root

• Registered Users Posts: 27,805 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Titanium but you'll need root

I don't have root and to be honest it's way above my head :(

I don't have root and to be honest it's way above my head :(

It's daunting at first, stick with it, it's not that bad. Use the batch functions to do full backup of apps with data. If you buy the paid version you can set it to run during the night and upload to your dropbox

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Helium

Does not require being rooted.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone recommend a good driving mode app for a Nexus 5? As hands free as possible would be great what with the new laws and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone got the Mobdro apk?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone got the Mobdro apk?

Yep. On phone and on an android box I have. Much better on the android box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Yep. On phone and on an android box I have. Much better on the android box.
    Which android box have you? It works on my phone (s3) but won't work on my MK808B..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement