Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punching a woman - Justified or not? - MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

sopretty wrote: »
    Is that news to you?

It's history ....... not as in hystery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Would you like me to start with the ovaries, fallopian tubes and womb or should I start with the muscle to fat ratio?

Start with the stuff that matters.
    Ovaries and Fallopian tubes and complete lack of penis don't.

The muscle mass difference is negligible, you'd swear women only had the strength of a child or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    It's history ....... not as in hystery

ya whah?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

While violence against anybody isn't a particularly good thing I do think that the black/white rule of 'a man should never hit a woman under any circumstances' is a bit outdated.

Some women act violently towards men and some women are indeed stronger than some men.

IMO if somebody attacks you then you can fight back irrespective of the attackers gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Would you like me to start with the ovaries, fallopian tubes and womb or should I start with the muscle to fat ratio?

I said bruise and bleed, we don't need a biology class, or do you dispute what I said?

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    While violence against anybody isn't a particularly good thing I do think that the black/white rule of 'a man should never hit a woman under any circumstances' is a bit outdated.

Some women act violently towards men and some women are indeed stronger than some men.

IMO if somebody attacks you then you can fight back irrespective of the attackers gender.

Which is fine. Except the OP was not attacked.

You've made perfectly clear on this thread you wouldn't be fine with it :rolleyes: as far as you're concerned no matter what, if a guy hits a girl then he's in the wrong. Cos god love ya, sure you're only little.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

True, but his friend was.

If you physically attack somebody then your gender is something you can't hide behind against a physical response.

GenieOz wrote: »
    You've made perfectly clear on this thread you wouldn't be fine with it :rolleyes: as far as you're concerned no matter what, if a guy hits a girl then he's in the wrong. Cos god love ya, sure you're only little.

For a little one, I sure can make a point it appears! :eek:

For a little one, I sure can make a point it appears! :eek:

What's that exactly? All you've shown is that you're sexist tbh.

• Advertisement

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Animal Cruelty striking a heifer like that. Not cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Yeah, cos hitting girls is "charmer" territory. The hints in the act IMO. I'd lump women who "hit" in the same boat - real classy charmers. It might be old-fashioned, might even be "naive", but I like women who don't hit anyone, and lads who wouldn't hit a girl. The rest, I lump under the "scanger" umbrella, and that's my view.

And for all the "lads" who reckon hitting a woman is a-ok, fair enough, but top tip, don't do it when me or people of a like mind to me are toddling past, 'cos I'd knock a lump of your head off for the craic/educational purposes and to reinforce your love for old-fashioned stereotypes.;)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/48979520.jpg

Considering sopretty was thanking all Stavros posts about attacking blokes she obviously has no issue with violence, so that only leaves sexism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

In my view, the only time it's acceptable to hit a woman is if she's become hysterical, in which case a couple of open handed slaps to the face may be appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

cerastes wrote: »
    The best thing would be to try avoid the kind of situation if possible or worse case if it happens restrain them, maybe put them off balance, unless it was a frenzy, the only women I would step in to defend this in a more extensive way from someone are my wife, my mother and my sister, otherwise you wouldnt know how any party would respond even the person you are trying to defend.
    If it was some kind of sustained attack, Id still probably go for trying to block them, any weapon like a bottle and it was the above people then I think anyone would be justified in something more.
    Its an easy thing to say what to do when you're attacked by suprise as I have been on a few occasions.

But Id be very wary as a bloke of hitting a woman even if it seemed or was justified in defense of, it could go badly against a bloke, it would want to be a sustained or violent attack. From security, to gardai, scumbag friends of the attacker or even white knights, it could go badly for some bloke doing or thinking they are doing the right thing.

It's true some lads jump in to defend a woman when they don't know the full story, I was at the bar in a nightclub once ordering a round or drinks, this young one comes up beside me and then grabs one of the drinks and off she goes with it.

I follow her and take the bottle back off her, she starts shouting and next thing I know 4 lads are around me wanting to kick 7 shades of shíte out of me.

It's true some lads jump in to defend a woman when they don't know the full story, I was at the bar in a nightclub once ordering a round or drinks, this young one comes up beside me and then grabs one of the drinks and off she goes with it.

I follow her and take the bottle back off her, she starts shouting and next thing I know 4 lads are around me wanting to kick 7 shades of shíte out of me.

Stavros was one of them no doubt. In what universe should the attacker be defended by random people? Imagine getting assaulted in an unprovoked attack and you have four complete tools too stupid to apply logic to a situation just jump in the off chance they will get the ride? Absurdly stupid, those life motto's some of guy cling are the reason women will gladly launch unprovoked attacks on people. Out of interest what happened to this four after you told them what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,923 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A female olympist could beat you to death. js

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

Overheal wrote: »
    A female olympist could beat you to death. js

it shocking the amount of male boxers in the world compared with female boxers.

they should only be allowed to have the same number of female boxers as men to make it fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Davei141 wrote: »
    Stavros was one of them no doubt. In what universe should the attacker be defended by random people? Imagine getting assaulted in an unprovoked attack and you have four complete tools too stupid to apply logic to a situation just jump in the off chance they will get the ride? Absurdly stupid, those life motto's some of guy clig are the reason women will gladly launch unprovoked attacks on people. Out of interest what happened to this four after you told them what happened?

Nah... it wouldn't have happened if Stavros was there... with his 6'9'' frame, eyes like fire and hands the size of shovels, and trained wrist grabbing skills he has such a calming effect that the girl would never of had to steel the pint. :)

It's like in a movie, where no matter how fighty the woman was ten seconds ago grabbing her by the upper arm just stops her fighting...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StandardFemaleGrabArea

In my experience if you grab a woman who is attacking* you by the wrists, which isn't all that easy, then she just moves on to kneeing you in the balls... yeah, there's probably some proper hold you can do, or if you're tall enough and strong enough that you are holding her such thay she can't but we're sadly not all massive and stacked and trained.

* this includes play fighting...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

lolosaur wrote: »
    it shocking the amount of male boxers in the world compared with female boxers.

they should only be allowed to have the same number of female boxers as men to make it fair.

True for you. My sister can't wrestle, for example, but you should see her box! :cool:

• Advertisement

kiffer wrote: »
    Nah... it wouldn't have happened if Stavros was there... with his 6'9'' frame, eyes like fire and hands the size of shovels, and trained wrist grabbing skills he has such a calming effect that the girl would never of had to steel the pint. :)

It has once even been claimed, that Stavros could believe it was not butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

No he had justification but you as a woman feel he does not.

Many women who act like this do so because they think they know a man will not hit back, welcome to equality girls.

Would here be an issue if it were a small guy 5'0 and OP 6'0? no because they are both male. Don't think men and women bruise and bleed differently?

If you can throw one you can take one,

I'd feel the same if he started an equally moronic thread looking for justification for hitting a man. Why anyone would want to boast about punching anyone is beyond me; it's just pathetic.

What's even sadder about it, are the people piling into the thread and patting themselves on the back for being such modern, forward thinking men by stating how they'd also hit a woman if she deserved it.

So yeah, I reckon it's a really sad fucking thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Davei141 wrote: »
    It has once even been claimed, that Stavros could believe it was not butter.

When a guy took Stavros' sister's virginity, Stavros found it and put it back in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'd feel the same if he started an equally moronic thread looking for justification for hitting a man. Why anyone would want to boast about punching anyone is beyond me; it's just pathetic.

What's even sadder about it, are the people piling into the thread and patting themselves on the back for being such modern, forward thinking men by stating how they'd also hit a woman if she deserved it.

So yeah, I reckon it's a really sad fucking thread.

People are saying that it was a justified defence of self or others. You might be happy standing around watching your partner or friend get nailed, many wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

People are saying that it was a justified defence of self or others. You might be happy standing around watching your partner or friend get nailed, many wouldn't.

Yeah, I'd be happy standing around watching that alright. You're dead right.

Tell you what I wouldn't be happy doing - starting a thread about punching a fat bitch and watching her fall like the Twin Towers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yeah, I'd be happy standing around watching that alright. You're dead right.

Tell you what I wouldn't be happy doing - starting a thread about punching a fat bitch and watching her fall like the Twin Towers.

Grand so, you agree that you'd defend yourself or a partner and that it wouldn't matter if it was a man or a woman who was the aggressor. Is it just the choice of language the op used then?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

When a guy took Stavros' sister's virginity, Stavros found it and put it back in again.

Legend has it the guy with the sore arse in the old joke about Superman and Wonder-Woman was in fact Stavros. He'll deny it, of course. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

13505 wrote: »
    Apologies for nitpicking but to be fair, we ARE actually animals. All of us. We are literally animals. Apes in fact. And we are the best damned animals on earth!!

I think you'll find it's the Green Heron, it's basically the best heron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

There are justifiable cases for striking a person when defending yourself or others, this however, is not one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

efb wrote: »
    There are justifiable cases for striking a person when defending yourself, this however, is not one of those.

You should never defend someone else?

Advertisement