Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Punching a woman - Justified or not? - MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options
  • 23-04-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

So I was out last night with the lads, few pints and shots were had and then I went straight for the dancefloor looking to settle for my score for the night. As I was going through different women on the floor, I danced with them for a bit to see if they were interested. If not, I'd move on to the next one. At one stage, there was a "wide-bodied lady" (should say well-built tall girl..) and I didn't want to look like an arsehole, ignoring her so I danced with her for a bit but moved on as I wasn't interested.

Next I met my friend so I started chatting up with her until suddenly, I was pushed aside by this lady I danced before and she floored my friend. Gave my friend a bloody nose so I reacted instantly and decked her in the face. When she fell, she looked like the twin towers falling. I never met this idiot before and I was lost at why did she punch my friend for no reason. :confused: Jealousy?

Was that punch I threw justified or did I step over the line?

MOD: There's a mod warning in post #241 that I'm posting below.

Firstly, no this thread isn't remaining locked. The actual topic is of interest to enough people to have over 200 posts.

Secondly, the language in the OP isn't acceptable. Nor is repeating it in order to get a reaction out of people. If anything, the near unanimous condemning of the OP's language is more important than hiding away the thread.

Thirdly, if something someone posts offends you, report them. Don't resort to insulting them.

Lastly, don't drag threads off-topic. There's a forum charter. Read it and obey it. Don't post off-topic to point out that someone is in breach of the charter, because that itself is in breach of the charter.

Oh, and when reporting posts, try to give the passive aggressiveness a miss. It doesn't help matters.

The TL;DR version is, ignore the OP's insults towards the woman in question, don't insult anyone and be polite.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    So I was out last night with the lads, few pints and shots were had and then I went straight for the dancefloor looking to settle for my score for the night. As I was going through different women on the floor, I danced with them for a bit to see if they were interested. If not, I'd move on to the next one. At one stage, there was a "fat bitch" and I didn't want to look like an arsehole, ignoring her so I danced with her for a bit but moved on as I wasn't interested.

Next I met my friend so I started chatting up with her until suddenly, I was pushed aside by this fat bitch I danced before and she floored my friend. Gave my friend a bloody nose so I reacted instantly and decked her in the face. When she fell, she looked like the twin towers falling. I never met this cúnt before and I was lost at why did she punch my friend for no reason. :confused: Jealousy?

You have to be trolling!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Justified is giving a guy 24 hours to get out of town and then shooting him dead when he tries to pull a gun on you under the table in a beach side restaurant.

What you did there, was not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Or dreaming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

ElleEm wrote: »
    You have to be trolling!

This is no trolling. I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, aren't you just a bundle of joy?

Did you sucker punch her because she punched your friend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

What should have I done instead?

Shifted her ..sounds like you two would be a good match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

It's gas how nothing shocks me on Boards anymore. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hilarious, I presume your friend was a girl, you weren't justified and I'm sure that lots of people will be telling you that here now and prepare for a **** storm over your description of the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Were you acting in self defense? Nope. Then you were just being a dick, regardless of the gender of the person you punched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Sound like you hate women.Are you gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Never never ever hit a women. you should be ashamed. go and apologise immediatly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

"Big man" - hitting a woman.....

In all honesty, what response do you want here?

Fair enough she hit your mate but surely there was a better way to sort things out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

It's gas how nothing shocks me on Boards anymore. :)

I'm only shocked that this thread hasn't been locked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I think justified, you were defending your friend, gender is irrelevant.

There probably was a better way to sort it, but I stand by justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The thing about violence is that it's not something easily measured or contained, which is why it should never be deployed in the first place. If you choose to engage in violence then you need to be aware of the fact that it works both ways and there's a pretty solid chance you'll be getting what you dish out and more to boot. Gender doesn't come into it whatsoever.

Having worked as a doorman I've seen women engage in pretty savage acts of violence including glassing, ripping someone's ear off (dangling ear-rings are a no no in a scrap) as well as splitting someone's head open with a stiletto. The latter occurred against a colleague of mine at the hands of some b*tch who was a member of a notorious crime family in Cork.

While people should always be controlled to the best of their ability, that sometimes goes out the window when some lunatic starts trying to rake your face open with her nails or throw a bottle of Bud off your head.

I hate violence. It's a terrible thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

This thread is full of wow.

It would have been sexist if you didn't punch her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I can't figure out why OP is still single....

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

This is no trolling. I promise.

You absolute scumbag! "Flooring a fat bitch" forany reason is never justified. I ccertainly hope that you got floored shortly afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I don't think you should have punched a girl in the face.

If she had attacked you and it was self defence ..... I dunno but in this situation I don't think it was justified No.

Let the bouncers deal with this sort of person, your friend could press charges ?

We all want to punch someone at some stage, it's not always OK to do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

When she fell, she looked like the twin towers falling.

Trying to visualise this. Did the weigh of her head collapse down into her body until completely imploded and then a pulverised debris cloud spread out in every direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in general no...

but looking at some of the dirty headed scangers around the place, who look like they'd do serious damage if allow to let lose, then yes...exceptions can be allowed and justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Equality is equality. Put gender out of it and ask did you need to drop someone to stop an attack on your friend? If the answer is yes, you are justified. If the answer is no, you are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

What junior disco did this incident occur at OP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

You can't "deck her in the face".
    To deck someone is like flooring them. You knock them on the deck. With a punch.
    If you want to emphasize the punching action you could say you 'chinned' her. Burst/clout/clip/dig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

So I was out last night with the lads, few pints and shots were had and then I went straight for the dancefloor looking to settle for my score for the night. As I was going through different women on the floor, I danced with them for a bit to see if they were interested. If not, I'd move on to the next one. At one stage, there was a "fat bitch" and I didn't want to look like an arsehole, ignoring her so I danced with her for a bit but moved on as I wasn't interested.

Next I met my friend so I started chatting up with her until suddenly, I was pushed aside by this fat bitch I danced before and she floored my friend. Gave my friend a bloody nose so I reacted instantly and decked her in the face. When she fell, she looked like the twin towers falling. I never met this cúnt before and I was lost at why did she punch my friend for no reason. :confused: Jealousy?

Had they punched you in the face, floored you & left you with a bloody nose and then you socked her one back I'd say fair enough but in this instance no you were not justified. You sucker punched a person who sucker punched another person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

mike_ie wrote: »
    Were you acting in self defense? Nope. Then you were just being a dick, regardless of the gender of the person you punched.

Yeah, I was acting in for my friend. She was still on the floor.
    Fieldog wrote: »
    "Big man" - hitting a woman.....

In all honesty, what response do you want here?

Fair enough she hit your mate but surely there was a better way to sort things out?

This was in the middle of the dancefloor, I don't think there was room for a solution verbally. I wasn't thinking straight anyway and I saw that she hit my friend so I just threw the punch into her face in retaliation.
    GarIT wrote: »
    I think justified, you were defending your friend, gender is irrelevant.

There probably was a better way to sort it, but I stand by justified.

There could've been but as I said above, I wasn't thinking straight and I probably reacted too quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

iDave wrote: »
    Trying to visualise this. Did the weigh of her head collapse down into her body until completely imploded and then a pulverised debris cloud spread out in every direction?

I'd say it was an inside job and somebody put explosives inside her to make it look like she was falling from a punch.

Advertisement