Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just got my first false alarm email update from CIC. Got a mail to say my account has been updated, but no change, or messages. Guess it's a good sign they are looking at it today! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

Got my POE! :)
    Submitted everything late on Tuesday, got it 1am last night. Hello Vancouver!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

question for you folks is it a 5707 or a 5645 form i fill out???

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

hoppy2014 wrote: »
    question for you folks is it a 5707 or a 5645 form i fill out???

5707!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Toronto

GrumPy wrote: »
    Just got my first false alarm email update from CIC. Got a mail to say my account has been updated, but no change, or messages. Guess it's a good sign they are looking at it today! :)

I think that's an automated email to say it's open now.. I got my POE 24 hours after my "false alarm" email!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

eenm wrote: »
    5707!

thanks a million !! eenm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

JamHn wrote: »
    Is a designated country just the countries on this list that have a Yes beside them for the Medical required box? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

Anyone able to ease my mind about the designated country question? :)

The IMM1295 form asks for a UCI number....is that just for people who already emigrated to Canada before??

Edit: Sorry they actually answer that question the screencast help video!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

The IMM1295 form asks for a UCI number....is that just for people who already emigrated to Canada before??

Yup. Leave it blank if you haven't done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

GrumPy wrote: »

I got 2 of those phantom messages, one on saturday and another on monday, and I got my poe yesterday. I've read on some forums that this is a common glitch that's happened for the last few years, and it doesn't really mean anything. I'm not trying to be a downer, I just wouldn't read too much into it.

• Advertisement

guest124 wrote: »
    Yup. Leave it blank if you haven't done it before.

Is the MyCIC process really as complicated as people are making it out to be. It seems straight forward enough once you follow the instructions. And if we make a mistake they won't reject it but will get us to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Is the MyCIC process really as complicated as people are making it out to be. It seems straight forward enough once you follow the instructions. And if we make a mistake they won't reject it but will get us to fix it?

Pretty much. Heard of people being rejected for things like corrupt files! Some saying they didnt include cal (though applicant did). But I think they just restarted mycic. Not really sure. Bit unnerving!

guest124 wrote: »
    Pretty much. Heard of people being rejected for things like corrupt files! Some saying they didnt include cal (though applicant did). But I think they just restarted mycic. Not really sure. Bit unnerving!

:O

What if we have a couple of degrees of the same level? Do we have to fill in just that section on a second copy of IMM1295 form and then put that with the letter of explanation?

If we have a length employment history, would that also be added to the second IMM1295 form and adding a third IMM1295 form with even more employment history if needs be?

Seems a bit much!

My CIC application was hard.. Mine was particularly complicated as I'm here right now with a job. So I had to upload my offer of employment, and a screenshot of the extra employment info (because my last 10 years didn't fit on one IM1295E form), then stitch it all together in one PDF and upload it into the letter of explanation part. Also had to stitch two police certs (Canadian and Irish) into one as well! The stress of it...

I'm letting people know because I haven't seen anyone else saying they did this, but I guess there isn't many on the 1 year IEC in Canada at the moment!

Sacramento wrote: »
    My CIC application was hard.. Mine was particularly complicated as I'm here right now with a job. So I had to upload my offer of employment, and a screenshot of the extra employment info (because my last 10 years didn't fit on one IM1295E form), then stitch it all together in one PDF and upload it into the letter of explanation part. Also had to stitch two police certs (Canadian and Irish) into one as well! The stress of it...

I'm letting people know because I haven't seen anyone else saying they did this, but I guess there isn't many on the 1 year IEC in Canada at the moment!

Thanks for that info!

So would extra employment info and extra education info be put into one PDF? Or a PDF each. As in...how extra info PDFs can we add to the letter of explanation...do we have to stitch every extra page for all questions into one long PDF?

And when you say that you had to stitch it together, do you mean that you had to add the extra info page to your original IMM1295 form PDF and then added that to the Letter of Explanation too.....or just that you stitched the extra info together in one PDF but didn't include the original IMM1295 form with that part because you uploaded it already?

Had you any difficulty in adjusting the dates in the IMM1295 form because the "To" "From" keeps saying that one has to be less than the other and there is a red box around it, even though I filled it out correctly at the To date is for the year after the From date. The form seems to be confused about the months and is treating them like I have listed the same year :(

Thanks for that info!

So would extra employment info and extra education info be put into one PDF? Or a PDF each. As in...how extra info PDFs can we add to the letter of explanation...do we have to stitch every extra page for all questions into one long PDF?

There's only one "extra" upload space and that's for the Letter of explanation.
    I created a PDF that had an explanation page saying "Pages 2 and 3 of this PDF contain offer of employment for current employment, page 4 contains a screenshot of page 3 of IMM1295E form with extra employment history that would not fit in the original IMM1295E document".
    And when you say that you had to stitch it together, do you mean that you had to add the extra info page to your original IMM1295 form PDF and then added that to the Letter of Explanation too.....or just that you stitched the extra info together in one PDF but didn't include the original IMM1295 form with that part because you uploaded it already?

Yes I mean stitch them together into one long PDF. I uploaded the standard IMM1295E form into it's designated spot but you can't stitch that document with others as it has security settings on it. That's why I took a screenshot of a second IM1295E form and gave the extra employment history in with the letter of explanation.
    Had you any difficulty in adjusting the dates in the IMM1295 form because the "To" "From" keeps saying that one has to be less than the other and there is a red box around it, even though I filled it out correctly at the To date is for the year after the From date. The form seems to be confused about the months and is treating them like I have listed the same year :(
    I was unable to select the actual start date for my current employment in section 5 on page 3 of the IMM1295E doc, so I just selected the current date. No issues with any other dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

I'm on the 1 year currently in canada and working. You don't need to include offer of employment or anything like that. I left all the current work part and area of intended work blank. They're not it ended for the iec application. Got my POE last week also , no issues.

There's only one "extra" upload space and that's for the Letter of explanation.
    I created a PDF that had an explanation page saying "Pages 2 and 3 of this PDF contain offer of employment for current employment, page 4 contains a screenshot of page 3 of IMM1295E form with extra employment history that would not fit in the original IMM1295E document".

Yes I mean stitch them together into one long PDF. I uploaded the standard IMM1295E form into it's designated spot but you can't stitch that document with others as it has security settings on it. That's why I took a screenshot of a second IM1295E form and gave the extra employment history in with the letter of explanation.

I was unable to select the actual start date for my current employment in section 5 on page 3 of the IMM1295E doc, so I just selected the current date. No issues with any other dates.

Thanks for explaining this :) Is it okay to add a plain Word document with the extra info or does it have to be a screenshot of the IMM1295E form with the extra info. Instead of the screenshot, I was thinking of just typing up any necessary extra details into a document, add a note like you said and save it as one PDF.

For the letter of explanation did you use a template or just wrote up something yourself?

If you did work for an organisation but did from from home and not from the company's office, does anyone know if you put the City/Town as your home town or your employer's town for the Employment part of the form?

I'm on the 1 year currently in canada and working. You don't need to include offer of employment or anything like that. I left all the current work part and area of intended work blank. They're not it ended for the iec application. Got my POE last week also , no issues.

Ah cool! Well hopefully there's no problem with me including the extra info....

Ah cool! Well hopefully there's no problem with me including the extra info....

When you include too much info, they get real mad, and not only cancel your application; they blacklist you from ever living anywhere on the planet other than Ireland forever.
    Tough break, dude.

:p

• Advertisement

What software and version of software are people using to fill out the mycic documentation?

Thanks for explaining this :) Is it okay to add a plain Word document with the extra info or does it have to be a screenshot of the IMM1295E form with the extra info. Instead of the screenshot, I was thinking of just typing up any necessary extra details into a document, add a note like you said and save it as one PDF.
    I did one big PDf so I'm not sure what they'd accept, PDF's are nice and neat so I went with that.
    For the letter of explanation did you use a template or just wrote up something yourself?

I just wrote it up myself.
    If you did work for an organisation but did from from home and not from the company's office, does anyone know if you put the City/Town as your home town or your employer's town for the Employment part of the form?

The employers address.

What software and version of software are people using to fill out the mycic documentation?

Adobe Reader X.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

I got my POE just this morning. I don't think there's really much to worry about - I made a few, small errors and I still got accepted. I also didn't edit the photo at all (it wasn't the right dimensions or size) and it didn't effect my application. I suppose if all your key details are in order, you're fine.

Just a quick question, when you're taking off to go, do you simply bring the POE form with you to the airport and go from there?

Adobe Reader X.

Thanks for help!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    guys I have aphysical passport sized photo anyone know the best way to scan it?i have ascanner here beside me but its not scanning the photo only but the insides of the scanner too!!!any ideas?

I'm not sure I've read your post correctly, but can you use some photo editing software to cut the image out away from the rest of the scan..?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

feck i cnt get the cropped image right at all its not letting me go better than 362 x 467

I wouldn't get hung up too much on the photo, pal - mine was all over the place and I got in. I'd say if it's close enough to the dimensions, go for it.

• Advertisement

feck i cnt get the cropped image right at all its not letting me go better than 362 x 467

Just take a selfie with your phone, email to yourself, open on your computer, and use free software GIMP to "scale" it. Export as jpeg to save.

Advertisement