Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just submitted my stage 2 docs on the CIC website. Hopefully have POE approved asap! I don't plan to travel for another 10-12 months though...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Karlos_Macca

Anybody else have any issues uploading PDF files.

My files are clearly .pdf files but I keep getting an error saying they are in the wrong format.This is the error:

Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.
    • Error Description: You have specified an incorrect file format for your attachment. Retry with another format. The following file formats are allowed: DOC; JPG; PDF; PNG; and TIFF.
    My file is definitely PDF too.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

For the garda cert do i get the application form from the internet or do i have to go to the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Karlos_Macca

Also, for the IMM1285E form....

What does it mean by "Country where applying"?

Obviously im applying being an Irish citizen, but I'm based through work in Australia right now. So does it mean, where I am applying from, or through what country?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

ok i know this has been mentioned before but not what im looking for- i am having trouble with the photo. the file size is fine,size is fine but what dpi does it have to be? i have it at 600 dpi. and pixels dimensions are a bit bigger than specified. surely this is fine? i used photoid4you. i Dont want this to delay my visa application!

thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    ok i know this has been mentioned before but not what im looking for- i am having trouble with the photo. the file size is fine,size is fine but what dpi does it have to be? i have it at 600 dpi. and pixels dimensions are a bit bigger than specified. surely this is fine? i used photoid4you. i Dont want this to delay my visa application!

thanks in advance

Leave it at 300dpi, the dimensions should be: 420x540 MIN and file size no more than 240kb, no less than 60kb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Sunshine87 wrote: »

thanks in advance

The dimensions they give are minimum dimensions. They don't give maximum. As long as it meets the minimum it'll be fine. I was stressing about the photo too but it seems they're not too strict on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Anyone having problems trying to open IMM1295. It's telling me I need a later version of the PDF viewer. I have upgraded with the link they gave, have reset laptop but still no luck. Also same on my sisters laptop....I wanna get started on this!

radiata wrote: »
    Anyone having problems trying to open IMM1295. It's telling me I need a later version of the PDF viewer. I have upgraded with the link they gave, have reset laptop but still no luck. Also same on my sisters laptop....I wanna get started on this!

Right click save/save link as and make sure it's saved locally. I noticed this behavior when my browser was trying to open it, instead of my default PDF reader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

GrumPy wrote: »
    Right click save/save link as and make sure it's saved locally. I noticed this behavior when my browser was trying to open it, instead of my default PDF reader.

That was simple, thanks for that:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Liam90 wrote: »
    For the garda cert do i get the application form from the internet or do i have to go to the station.

I did this.. got it in just over a week

How do I apply for a Police Certificate?
    Applicants for Police Certificates for these purposes should make an application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district wherein they reside, or formerly resided, in the Republic of Ireland. Please go to our Station Directory to find out who your District Superintendent is.

Your application in writing should include the following:

Your full name as on your birth certificate including your maiden name if applicable
    Your date and place of birth (or a copy of your birth certificate)
    Your current address
    All addresses at which you have lived at in Ireland and when you lived there
    The place and purpose for which you require the Certificate

You should also include with your application:

A copy of your passport, driving license or similar for identification purposes
    A stamped, self addressed envelope

Your application will take approximately three weeks to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    You will get a code when you fill in the questionnaire , then you go to register for a gckey and during that you will have to enter the code your got after questionnaire ....... As far as I can remember that is the process ........

Sounds complicated ;) Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

JamHn wrote: »
    Sounds complicated ;) Thanks!

its really not. a "gckey" in reality is just a username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

Has anyone on here lived in Australia and had to go through the process of applying for the police cert from there/at what point are you asked for it in stage 2?

Cheers

its really not. a "gckey" in reality is just a username and password.

That sounds far less complicated. Cheers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hoppy2014

what do i have to do with the 5707 form does anyone know?????

do i fill anything out????

hoppy2014 wrote: »
    what do i have to do with the 5707 form does anyone know?????

do i fill anything out????

If it's on the list of required documents for your application, then yes; you need to fill it out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Here i go again with photo thing! sorry! :P

but i used idphoto4you and it seems really close to my face and doesnt really get my shoulders? if that alright?!

Edit: just went ahead and sent it. Feel like I ended up rushing the whole thing then sent it. Massive fear now!!

guest124 wrote: »
    Here i go again with photo thing! sorry! :P

but i used idphoto4you and it seems really close to my face and doesnt really get my shoulders? if that alright?!

They don't seem too strict on the photo, apparently; if they are not happy with it, they just ask you to take a new one. It won't jeopardize your application. ;)
    Don't quote me on that though. :pac:

They don't seem too strict on the photo, apparently; if they are not happy with it, they just ask you to take a new one. It won't jeopardize your application. ;)
    Don't quote me on that though. :pac:

Fingers crossed!! Worried about everything I done now. Hearing people get rejected over corrupt files!! But I think you can just resubmit mycic?! Ah I hope Im lucky and get poe fast so I can relax.

• Advertisement

But I think you can just resubmit mycic?! Ah I hope Im lucky and get poe fast so I can relax.

Yeah, stage 2 is that you have your place afterall, if your files get corrupt that's not your fault... and if your picture isn't right, they aren't gonna tell you to unpack your bags and stay put! That would be awful mean. :p

Also I still haven't got a confirmation email?! Was one not supposed to be instantly sent!? Seriously wish I waited until the morning now. Wont sleep with this fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

Also I still haven't got a confirmation email?! Was one not supposed to be instantly sent!? Seriously wish I waited until the morning now. Wont sleep with this fear.

I didn't get an email until a while after I submitted it.. I think you get it when someone actually opens your application on their side. Don't worry, it will come :)

I didn't get an email until a while after I submitted it.. I think you get it when someone actually opens your application on their side. Don't worry, it will come :)

Thanks! This is me for the next few days!! Haha

sheldon-hyperventilating-big-bang-theory.gif

Edit: got confirmation 2 hours later!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

I just got my letter of introduction for POE :D I had them working late into the evening to get it done.

For those interested, I submitted the application to CIC last friday. Seems pretty random when they get back to you.

Yeah, stage 2 is that you have your place afterall, if your files get corrupt that's not your fault... and if your picture isn't right, they aren't gonna tell you to unpack your bags and stay put! That would be awful mean. :p

So if we make any type of mistake in mycic they will just tell us to fix it before they process it again? They won't reject us?

parabol wrote: »
    Submitted all my stuff on Monday night about 8pm.

As for the "province of destination", I left this blank. It's only there for if you have a job lined up. It doesn't have a *

This province question is mandatory in the questionnaire. Is it just in the official application that it is not mandatory? I don't know what province yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

JamHn wrote: »
    This province question is mandatory in the questionnaire. Is it just in the official application that it is not mandatory? I don't know what province yet!

It doesn't matter which province you pick. I put down Alberta on my application last year and ended up entering through British Columbia instead and there were no questions asked.

Karbolt wrote: »
    It doesn't matter which province you pick. I put down Alberta on my application last year and ended up entering through British Columbia instead and there were no questions asked.

Great. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Is a designated country just the countries on this list that have a Yes beside them for the Medical required box? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

Advertisement