Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

guest124 wrote: »
    Thats the ‘use by' date no? The date to enter Canada by...

Thanks a million I was in a major panic there !

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Thanks a million I was in a major panic there !

Haha no problem! Congrats on POE!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭JamHn

What if an application is being processed and ya get an offer abroad but it's not in Canada? Unlikely but could happen...ya never know! If ya accept it and move abroad does it affect your Canadian visa application? Would the same apply if you already have the visa?

Submitted cic application 10pm yesterday, POE 11pm today. They're flying through the cic applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

POE arrived. It states valid until 26/3/2015 though. It should be 2016 !! I'm currently in canada on the 1 year iec which applied for in 2012. Arrives in May 2013 and current one expires may 2014. Why have they only issued it for 1 year ?

thats the poe letter date not the visa . you a have a year to use the poe to activate the visa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 pyrosever

Submitted cic application 10pm yesterday, POE 11pm today. They're flying through the cic applications.

Congrats! I wish they were that quick with all applications. I submitted mine last friday, still no word back. Getting itchy feet...

pyrosever wrote: »
    Congrats! I wish they were that quick with all applications. I submitted mine last friday, still no word back. Getting itchy feet...

It really is the luck of the draw. I was waiting over a week for the CAL

At http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx it says "The IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter will direct you to create a MyCIC account to begin your application for a work permit" but my CAL doesnt say anything about MyCIC? Is that the same with everyone and you just go ahead anyway to MyCIC?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Got my POE!! Success. Thanks for all your help :) Good luck to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eenm

parabol wrote: »

Congrats parabol! When did you submit everything on CIC?

• Advertisement

Congrats!!!

Did you have an answer for the part of the questionnaire that asked "What is your province of destination" cos I've no idea yet where I will go?!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Submitted all my stuff on Monday night about 8pm.

As for the "province of destination", I left this blank. It's only there for if you have a job lined up. It doesn't have a *

Submitted all my stuff on Monday night about 8pm.

As for the "province of destination", I left this blank. It's only there for if you have a job lined up. It doesn't have a *

Doh! :o

Thanks and enjoy your week in the knowledge that you are on your way to Canada!

a question for anyone who can help. currently in canada on 1 year iec which expires may 10. Changing status to visitor for a week weeks in may and then flying home towards end of may, returning to Canada early June to activate new 2 year IEC. Question is, do I need to have a return flight booked for when entering canada and activating the new IEC? Surely you cant have a flight booked for 2 years in advance?

a question for anyone who can help. currently in canada on 1 year iec which expires may 10. Changing status to visitor for a week weeks in may and then flying home towards end of may, returning to Canada early June to activate new 2 year IEC. Question is, do I need to have a return flight booked for when entering canada and activating the new IEC? Surely you cant have a flight booked for 2 years in advance?

As long as you have the ability (ie enough money) to buy a return flight you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gccrowley1

Myself and OH got POE's ......had mail this morning which came in at 12 last night to both our mails, checked MyCIC just there and two POE'S.... what a start to the weekend.... googluck to everybody still waiting........

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

Hey, so I've been reading/hearing that some have filled out the form IMM5707 while others have filled out the IMM5645. How do you know which one it is you fill out?? In MyCIC they ask for IMM5707. I am sorry for asking this, I know I am the fifth millionth person to ask this but I cannot find the thread I was on earlier. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

123DarcySt wrote: »
    Hey, so I've been reading/hearing that some have filled out the form IMM5707 while others have filled out the IMM5645. How do you know which one it is you fill out?? In MyCIC they ask for IMM5707. I am sorry for asking this, I know I am the fifth millionth person to ask this but I cannot find the thread I was on earlier. :cool:

IMM5707

• Registered Users Posts: 47 123DarcySt

:D

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Myself and OH got POE's ......had mail this morning which came in at 12 last night to both our mails, checked MyCIC just there and two POE'S.... what a start to the weekend.... googluck to everybody still waiting........

Congratulations to the both of yas!

• Advertisement

Does anybody have answers for these two:

1/ At http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx it says "The IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter will direct you to create a MyCIC account to begin your application for a work permit" but my CAL doesnt say anything about MyCIC? Is that the same with everyone or should the CAL have said something about MyCIC...or do you just go ahead anyway to MyCIC?

2/ Do I get a GCKey by answering the http://www.cic.gc.ca questionnaire for finding out if you are eligible to apply for a work permit (after answering No to "You have used our online questionnaire to find out you are eligible to apply")?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Another here that got POE this morning.

Submitted last Thursday. Nice to have it all out of the way for the weekend. Seems like they are really flying through them now.

JamHn wrote: »
    Congratulations to the both of yas!

Cheers

IMM5707

Agreed ..... Defo 5707

Does anybody have answers for these two:

1/ At http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx it says "The IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter will direct you to create a MyCIC account to begin your application for a work permit" but my CAL doesnt say anything about MyCIC? Is that the same with everyone or should the CAL have said something about MyCIC...or do you just go ahead anyway to MyCIC?

2/ Do I get a GCKey by answering the http://www.cic.gc.ca questionnaire for finding out if you are eligible to apply for a work permit (after answering No to "You have used our online questionnaire to find out you are eligible to apply")?

Just go straight to get a GCkey... Fill out questionnaire and continue from there....

ustari wrote: »

Submitted last Thursday. Nice to have it all out of the way for the weekend. Seems like they are really flying through them now.

Congrats......

gccrowley1 wrote: »
    Just go straight to get a GCkey... Fill out questionnaire and continue from there....

Thank you! So I get the GCKey by filling out the questionnaire?

ustari wrote: »

Woot!:p

Thank you! So I get the GCKey by filling out the questionnaire?

You will get a code when you fill in the questionnaire , then you go to register for a gckey and during that you will have to enter the code your got after questionnaire ....... As far as I can remember that is the process ........

• Advertisement

Submitted Tuesday at 11pm ish... Cummonnnn!

Advertisement