Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most racist person you ever met.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Zeebs wrote: »
    What percentage of the black population live in ghettos compared to white?

Is that a rhetorical question?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭Zeebs

woodoo wrote: »
    Is that a rhetorical question?

No, answer.

No, answer.

How would i know?

40% of African Americans live in poverty compared to 10% of caucasion Americans.

The stats add up perfectly, especially when you consider the systemic racism in setencing and drug laws for whites and blacks.

And guess what... African Americans account for EXACTLY 40% of the prison population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Tzardine wrote: »
    Fr Ted Crilly.

An awful racist guy towards the Chinese .

A the chinese just didnt see it from his side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

It's those white Irish we need to be concerned about.

No. Please tell me you have found some statistics that prove white people aren't criminals!! Please. Please. Its just not in our genes. There must be some mistake.

Its the Gards fault!!!! Racial profiling!!!!!

I'll get my coat on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

bear1 wrote: »
    Probably the English lad I met in Cork who said Ireland should belong to the UK.... poor bastard didn't see the abuse coming from the Corkonians :D

Pretty sure it's still ok to be racist towards the people of Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

I hate the black........and tans

40% of African Americans live in poverty compared to 10% of caucasion Americans.

The stats add up perfectly, especially when you consider the systemic racism in setencing and drug laws for whites and blacks.

And guess what... African Americans account for EXACTLY 40% of the prison population.

I agree those issues don't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Poverty is part of the reason but it's not the sole reason. Saying that it is the sole reason is very patronising to the decent people who live in poverty and earn an honest living and don't commit crimes.

Also, if that statistic is true, it implies that statistically, very few black Americans can rise above that. That, to me, is more damaging than some of the other commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 TeaMp0isoN

It's those white Irish we need to be concerned about.

Well yes you are correct but which ones? After all what effects some effects all & if we have people tarnishing us how will we look. Ireland will be ruined. Instead try and help by understanding how to effect change without destruction of reputation. Your remark is polar opposite to what i mean, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭AerynSun

Phoenix wrote: »
    Any black posters on boards?have you expierenced racist abuse on this?
    To add to the thread I met a Saffer guy at Ozzfest who was convinced that black people have less intelligence than whites and have smaller brains :rolleyes:

Oh good lord... one of my clueless countrymen doing me proud (not!). I honestly thought that racist bile went out in 1994 when SA became a proper democracy...but apparently not, apparently it just emigrated elsewhere. I sure hope he doesn't plan on going home to SA anytime before Armageddon. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

S.R. wrote: »
    Originally from HK, but was born/raised in Ireland? How is this possible? :eek:

Her parents. Apologies for my typo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

The consistency of moderation on this site is shocking. This is possibly the most off topic puke filled pile of ****e thread I have come across yet it'll keep going until some moderator posts and gets flamed or disagrees with a comment enough to shut it down.

What is this thread about? The most racist person you've met? Racial prejudice in Irish society? What constitutes your official nationality? Race and crime? Price of eggs? Does Merkels box still get wet?

I got infracted in a golf thread for going off topic for commenting on the golf commentator that was commentating on the golf tournament but not actually the golf tournament itself...go figure.

I'm just surprised that posters were even allowed to say that black people are more genetically predispositioned to crime than whites. I mean I'm all for discussion and free speech but its scientifically untrue and just pure racism. It can't even be said to be an opinion or anything. Its akin to people in the 1700s thinking that the size of a person's skull determined their disposition to crime. Absolute racism and completely debunked a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Bruthal wrote: »
    A the chinese just didnt see it from his side

The Chinese - a great bunch of lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Paddys eat alot of potatoes....I heard :D

Bit of a light hearted one, a few years ago I was in a shop with my little brother when walking down the fruit aisle he pointed to some banannas and said "Monkeys" loud enough that the black gentleman standing beside the bananas turned and assumed that the comment was directed at him. Theankfully he didn't over react or go crazy and let me explain that the little guy wasn't calling him a monkey but it was simply his word for bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pug160 wrote: »
    Poverty is part of the reason but it's not the sole reason. Saying that it is the sole reason is very patronising to the decent people who live in poverty and earn an honest living and don't commit crimes.

Also, if that statistic is true, it implies that statistically, very few black Americans can rise above that. That, to me, is more damaging than some of the other commentary.

Others explained it to you but you don't seem to be capable/willing to grasp it. There are unemployment black spots in Ireland that still have the same problems with crime that they had 30 years ago. It's the exact same type of thinking. Skin colour isn't a factor, pretty obvious stuff to me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

sopretty wrote: »
    Jaysus. Just had a chat with the OH about racism. Now he'd be into football (which I ignore lol). He said the racism in soccer is chronic. Some group called Shankter Doenstke (spelling probably way off!) had to play their games behind closed doors, as they were being attacked for playing against black players (maybe somebody can confirm?).

Apparently, the amount of racism in sport is huge.

I think I may have had my eyes wide shut in thinking that racism was dead.

Very shocked.

funny. you seem to have rather negative prejudices against Czech people yourself. it's one thing to be a racist but a hypocrite on top...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Paddys eat alot of potatoes....I heard :D

Is that as offensive as saying that black people in the US eat a lot of fried chicken and water melon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Is that as offensive as saying that black people in the US eat a lot of fried chicken and water melon?

I eat lots of spuds and fried chicken and water melon (had a half one just yesterday)!

Is it because I is Irish African American!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

She has lived there since year zero, she tells you the place isn't what it used to be, and she is definitely in the wrong?

Eh :confused:

Eh?

Oh you were there, were you? I didn't see you...

If she simply said, "This place isn't what it used to be", I'd hardly be posting it on here *confused face*. She was complaining about foreign people and specifically foreign people of non European decent. She then proceeded to blurt out stupid, false stereotypes based on their nationality ("The Chinese are smelly, dirty people who beat up their wives", for example). Nothing she was saying was reasonable or justified, it was racist pure and simple.

I'm foreign and also living in the area, but she didn't have a problem with me, strangely enough.

Edit: Oh and this is a woman who thinks General Franco was a pretty swell guy. If she's pining for the days of the dictatorship, then it's a little hard to see her side tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

S.R. wrote: »
    What is racist in sending kid to Irish school? Did she explain?

You rewrote my point but I think you know the answer - the reason given was that there are much less "foreigners" in Gaelscoils.
    Of course there is no evidence to suggest that is the reasons many parents send their kids to those schools.

Are people really getting banned for being racist on this thread? If so, that is just stupid. Maybe mods are trying to be heroes but the biggest problem with racism is that it is not exposed or discussed which only makes it worse. There will always be racists, all we can do is confront their fears and prejudices, not shut them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Birroc wrote: »
    I eat lots of spuds and fried chicken and water melon (had a half one just yesterday)!

Is it because I is Irish African American!?

Possibly. I'm not a fan of the watermelon myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

K-9 wrote: »
    Others explained it to you but you don't seem to be capable/willing to grasp it. There are unemployment black spots in Ireland that still have the same problems with crime that they had 30 years ago. It's the exact same type of thinking. Skin colour isn't a factor, pretty obvious stuff to me.

I never denied that poverty and unemployment weren't an issue, I'm just stating that it's certainly not the only issue. What are the statistics on Irish crime, and violent crime? Do you believe they are similar to the statistics I'm talking about? There are statistics that are 'normal' and statistics that stand out. I'm not denying that it's not complicated but it's worthwhile pointing it out and discussing it. I have never said anything is caused by skin colour. Some people do like to put words into other people's mouths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

What ever happened to free speech?
    Of course there's plenty of times when people are being racist but in a lot of contexts of a supposed racism you gotta think "Offence isn't given, it's taken"

Some people are looking to be offended, waiting for the slightest hint at it or use of a supposed derogatory term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    What ever happened to free speech?
    Never existed.
    Of course there's plenty of times when people are being racist but in a lot of contexts of a supposed racism you gotta think "Offence isn't given, it's taken"
    That can be true too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pug160 wrote: »
    I never denied that poverty and unemployment weren't an issue, I'm just stating that it's certainly not the only issue. What are the statistics on Irish crime, and violent crime? Do you believe they are similar to the statistics I'm talking about? There are statistics that are 'normal' and statistics that stand out. I'm not denying that it's not complicated but it's worthwhile pointing it out and discussing it. I have never said anything is caused by skin colour. Some people do like to put words into other people's mouths.

Well, maybe you can say what it is caused by because you keep saying it is to do with poverty and unemployment, and other issues. Can you state what these other issues are because we seem to be going round in circles until you clearly state them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

A few years ago it came out that over 18 months there were more police stop-and-frisks done in New York on young black males than there were young black males living there. I initially assumed it was down to racism but Stephen Colbert had an alternative theory:
    They stopped more young black men than there are in New York City. That can mean only one of two things: either they're targeting young black men so often that the same ones are getting frisked over and over, or the much simpler explanation. Threat No. 3: Inter-dimensional Black People. Clearly there's a rift in the race time continuum -- they're coming over from other dimensions to be black at us

Advertisement