Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI shares steadily rising... Worth a punt?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Worrying reading that, just how many stress tests will there be? There appears to be a consistency to the worry and knock on consequences of overhanging threat of any Bank failing a stress test.

The rights issue may not be sufficient and it will be very interesting to see the timings of it and the stress testing in 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N0JB2G820131126?irpc=932

So what that means to current shareholders in simple language?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL5N0JB2G820131126?irpc=932

The are going to place shares on the market. Use the funds from that to purchase some preference shares off the government. The balance of the preference shares owned by the government will be sold onto private investors.

It will be important here to see who takes up the placement of shares. And how much shareholding Mr Ross and Mr Noonan are left with.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

The are going to place shares on the market. Use the funds from that to purchase some preference shares off the government. The balance of the preference shares owned by the government will be sold onto private investors.

It will be important here to see who takes up the placement of shares. And how much shareholding Mr Ross and Mr Noonan are left with.

Will they be placed at current price and let the market find a level for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Hoover

So does it look like there is no need for another rights issue to buy the goverments holding out? Or what way might it go.

Well I think price goes little bit down first and then will rocket sky high because everybody hoping to get quickly rich and buys as many shares they can afford
    Or somethin like that

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wenxue

Well I think price goes little bit down first and then will rocket sky high because everybody hoping to get quickly rich and buys as many shares they can afford
    Or somethin like that

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Nice rise today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Nice rise today

Noticed that too. Any reason why?

• Advertisement

Dunno - can only guess that there are more and more positive indicators of sustained economic recovery - plus I suppose the recent announcements of significant rises in house prices in Dublin paints a much nicer picture of the Bank's security vis-a-vis residential mortgages. Everytime the price of property increases the cost of a contingent mortgage default drops significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭euroboom13

Rising to sweeten the post USA holiday announcement of firm placing and open offer due Monday...
    As for property market we don't have 1,what rises we are seeing is a handful of sells.!!and propaganda fuelling by rte

euroboom13 wrote: »
    Rising to sweeten the post USA holiday announcement of firm placing and open offer due Monday...
    As for property market we don't have 1,what rises we are seeing is a handful of sells.!!and propaganda fuelling by rte

I agree completely with the propaganda comment... but the reality is that there are already a lot of "advisers" and estate agents spouting the same garbage over the last 6 months that we were all so accustomed to for the early years of the last decade:-e.g.

"with prices continuing to rise, now is a good time to get on the property ladder.."

"demand for residential homes exceeding supply"

"shortage of suitable family homes"

"over-corrections in property market"

etc. etc.

The vested interests are doing their best to inflate the property market, and if history is any indication of how this approach goes, it will likely work... at least in the short to medium-term, until the next correction event.

Then we have Enda Kenny assuring the Country that we won't make the same mistakes this time around - it all sounds so familiar.

Bottom line in terms of BOI's share price is that increasing house prices, whether justified or not will cause the share to rise - how long it lasts - who knows - if it continues it does afford the Bank some breathing space to rearrange/offload residential mortgage securities at significantly lower losses than if the prices were continuing to fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013/1202/490364-bank-of-ireland/

Share price taking a small hit on foot of this news.

Propaganda ,boi or state don't want news to look too good, before announcement of pref share deal,ft and english/USA media had a positive spin on same news ...

http://seekingalpha.com/currents/post/1439641

.. "comme si comme sa" ..

Gone bit sour there too

Will make the deal sweeter ,when it comes.....buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

Yet another €1.4 billion in losses from bad loans to be expected :rolleyes:

That will take the total to €13.8 billion in less than 4 years

And we still haven't had bad loans tackled on a large scale

Plenty more impairment charges to come

This stock is a dog

This stock is a dog

I am a dog lover and have no problem walking this one.

I would question the timing of these annoucements(politics),especially when we all smell a major deal in the air!

The gospel of news reports:rolleyes:

This stock is a dog

Every Christmas eve on the six o clock news ,i hear that santa claus is leaving lapland and that it would be wise to go to bed early.I would say it gets very quite in your house ..lol:)

• Advertisement

This stock is a dog

Even a stopped clock....

I am a dog lover and have no problem walking this one.

I would question the timing of these annoucements(politics),especially when we all smell a major deal in the air!

The gospel of news reports:rolleyes:

Those news comes at a tricky time for the bank which is considering raising €600M in fresh equity to help buy back $1.8B in preferred stock owned by the government .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Isn't Noonan at some investment conference on Friday? He may well announce a sale of the preference shares then.

Done deal! without need for egm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Done deal! without need for egm
    Or Rights issue SP currently pricing in dilution.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/bank-of-ireland-to-repay-1-8-billion-of-state-bailout-1.1616611

other words,share price will up or down?

wenxue wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/bank-of-ireland-to-repay-1-8-billion-of-state-bailout-1.1616611

other words,share price will up or down?
    Go long, there will be a few small wobbles to find solid ground .

My opinion is that they will go to above the state entry price of 32c and than, the state will offload its 14%.the long wait will then end and dividends will return!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 tree_tall

This stock is a dog

its more than tripled in the past year , how could it be a dog

bad news doesn't always mean a stock is about to have a bad run

I own ford , its beaten earnings and monthly sales estimates for two years yet hasn't gone anywhere in nearly six months

good company does not always mean good stock as the whole thing is manipulated in the short term

bank of Ireland may eventually dive but it has momentum right now and will hit 30 cent by spring of 2014

I'm trying to understand as much I can:

so we have now much more shares in the stock market
    and then state will off load them shares
    and then we have like a lot of shares for sale and buy

That means price will come down a bit, yeah?

Feel free to correct me here

• Advertisement

I'm trying to understand as much I can:

so we have now much more shares in the stock market
    and then state will off load them shares
    and then we have like a lot of shares for sale and buy

That means price will come down a bit, yeah?

Feel free to correct me here

extra 2.2b shares or 7.4% dilution
    has already fallen to meet dilution
    state had 15% stake ,now 14%(after fall 7.4%)not for sale , for the moment !

Market will wobble a bit while news comes out but i think its jumped another hurdle and market will see this ,when it settles.

Very minimal discount on such a big trade!all good

Advertisement