Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI shares steadily rising... Worth a punt?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

wenxue wrote: »
    I spend 20000e bought BOI today,
    Hope get better result。

I sold all my BOI thursday till water clears up
    But you are my hero, brave Wenxue (thumbs up)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wenxue

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    I sold all my BOI thursday till water clears up
    But you are my hero, brave Wenxue (thumbs up)
    Haha Seamus,if I tell u I have other 40000 on the way,you must thumbs up both ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

caoty wrote: »
    No.5 doesn't make any sense, imho.

Sorry you're right, I worded No. 5 backwards. I meant tax credits from the profit they made in the past.

In 2012 this improved their results by €337 million

The point I was trying to make was that even if they start making money, they still won't be profitable as they'll lose this credit and will have to actually contribute tax on operating income

Easily another €400 - €500 million of additional costs annually that I seriously doubt the bulls have considered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Haha Seamus,if I tell u I have other 40000 on the way,you must thumbs up both ......

What's your exit strategy?

mickman wrote: »
    What's your exit strategy?

I dont Know much about strategy,I know:things at the worst will mend, and I trust Ireland will recovery, BOI will be a irish pioneer.this why I invest it.

BTW,I dont use those money at moment,I want keep boi share at least 10 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

BOI will be a irish pioneer.this why I invest it.

what does that mean?

what does that mean?

The Swan witness the warmth of the river first in the Spring

and what does that mean?

Ha ha. I know what you mean. If you have a ten year horizon then you will likely make money alright

Don't get scared and sell if they hit ten cent first though!

mickman wrote: »
    Ha ha. I know what you mean. If you have a ten year horizon then you will likely make money alright

Don't get scared and sell if they hit ten cent first though!

If they hit ten cent,I will spend 100000 to buy them!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Even hardest time,I never lost confidence to Irish economy,that's not to mention the fact that economy sharply recovery at the moment

• Advertisement

.....even hardest time,I never lost confidence to Irish economy......

Oh cool,
    I bet you spent a fortune when BOI share was near 8c mark :)

Real McCoy and the only true trader...- gives me goosebumps and swells my heart with pride.. 

( now standing up while the national anthem is being played and singing along )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Are you Eric Cantona?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Ze seagulls follow ze fishing boat

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

Todays RNS says BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited had 906,448,446 (3.01%) shares now, does any one knows what price the brought in these shares?

Anything new about rights issue..?
    What would be speculations about share price if rights issue will be introduced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

AP_MAN wrote: »
    Todays RNS says BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Limited had 906,448,446 (3.01%) shares now, does any one knows what price the brought in these shares?

Don't know sorry.

It's good news regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Don't know sorry.

It's good news regardless.

Up 4% today, incredible profit opp which cannot be ignored.

I'm waiting for the rights issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Up 4% today, incredible profit opp which cannot be ignored.

I'm waiting for the rights issue!

Are you sure there will be one?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 venividi

Cashed out today at 0.264 (75% of holding anyway). Time will tell if I jumped 2 early or not. Sold all CRH holding at 18.44 today also. It's my guess that it's time 2 start selling equities rather than buying. We can't have another 12 months like the last. Can we???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Would hope to see crh really take off as world building slump eases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

venividi wrote: »
    Cashed out today at 0.264 (75% of holding anyway). Time will tell if I jumped 2 early or not. Sold all CRH holding at 18.44 today also. It's my guess that it's time 2 start selling equities rather than buying. We can't have another 12 months like the last. Can we???

with significant consolidation within the retail banking sectors across EU and most (including Greece!!) showing good signs of economic recovery, it seems certain that Deposit interest rates will remain low. Banks are cautious on lending, expect new and higher service charges whilst keen to find ways to profitability. It seems clear to me that equities, coming off a very low base in the last few years, will become more attractive for disgruntled savers, leading to a buoyant market?

Sure they're will be winners, losers, greedy and happy steady eddies, but when was it any different?

The truth is however, nobody knows and events always have a way of changing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RR2026

SEE THE NEWS BELOW: IS SOMETHING BIG HAPPENING TO BOI ??

US-based Wilbur Ross now owns a 9.74pc stake in Bank of Ireland and has taken a seat on its board of directors.

Prema Watsa owns 9.32pc of the bank and also joined the board of directors.

A third investor, Capital Group, now has an 8.95pc shareholding, while Fidelity owns 7.99pc of the bank.

Between them those four investors collectively own 36pc of Bank of Ireland, more than the 35pc held by the five original investors when the 2011 deal closed.

Kennedy Wilson, meanwhile, has continued to invest in Ireland.

Its biggest acquisition to date was the 2011 acquisition of Bank of Ireland Real Estate Management, done just before it bought into Bank of Ireland itself.

This year alone it bought a slew of Ireland's best commercial property, partnering with Varde in a successful bid for the €306m "Opera" Castle Market Holdings portfolio of offices and shopping centres.

Kennedy Wilson also spent €80m buying apartment blocks at Clancy Barracks in Dublin this year. It owns the Alliance Building, a swish apartment block built in a former gas works in Dublin 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

RR2026 wrote: »
    SEE THE NEWS BELOW: IS SOMETHING BIG HAPPENING TO BOI ??

US-based Wilbur Ross now owns a 9.74pc stake in Bank of Ireland and has taken a seat on its board of directors.

Prema Watsa owns 9.32pc of the bank and also joined the board of directors.

A third investor, Capital Group, now has an 8.95pc shareholding, while Fidelity owns 7.99pc of the bank.

Between them those four investors collectively own 36pc of Bank of Ireland, more than the 35pc held by the five original investors when the 2011 deal closed.

Kennedy Wilson, meanwhile, has continued to invest in Ireland.

Its biggest acquisition to date was the 2011 acquisition of Bank of Ireland Real Estate Management, done just before it bought into Bank of Ireland itself.

This year alone it bought a slew of Ireland's best commercial property, partnering with Varde in a successful bid for the €306m "Opera" Castle Market Holdings portfolio of offices and shopping centres.

Kennedy Wilson also spent €80m buying apartment blocks at Clancy Barracks in Dublin this year. It owns the Alliance Building, a swish apartment block built in a former gas works in Dublin 4.

You failed to include the first part of the article, where it shows Kennedy Wilson sold their entire stake :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/kennedy-wilson-offloads-its-stake-in-bank-of-ireland-at-a-massive-profit-29740955.html

That ain't good..what do they know what we do'nt..expected rights issue "problem" ?

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    That ain't good..what do they know what we do'nt..expected rights issue "problem" ?

they are taking a huge gain and just saying " thank you very much for a huge return"

the share has had a big run up and the easy money has been made

• Registered Users Posts: 23 D0nal

I'm new to buying shares. Can anyone explain to me why it's far too simplistic (I'm sure it must be) to assume that if boi shares a few years ago were 18 euro they should go at least above a euro once the Irish economy is more stable in say five years time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

D0nal wrote: »
    I'm new to buying shares. Can anyone explain to me why it's far too simplistic (I'm sure it must be) to assume that if boi shares a few years ago were 18 euro they should go at least above a euro once the Irish economy is more stable in say five years time?

Shares in issue has increased substantially since 2007.
    Market capitalisation in 2007 was 18 bn.
    Market capitalisation today is 8.045 bn.
    So the price today is 47% of what it was back at the height of the boom.
    Can it go back to 2007 market capitalisation? Certainly yes.
    Can it go back to 18 euro a share with the current amount of shares in issue? Eh no

Anyone have a script of what was said on prime time last night with regards to the banks the stress tests and any future bank recapitalization?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Anyone have a script of what was said on prime time last night with regards to the banks the stress tests and any future bank recapitalization?

You might get it on the player, but honohan did say that they'd most likely need extra capital by 2019, due to changes in ratios. He hoped that they wouldn't need it from the tax payer and that private markets would provide it.
    He also said that he can't see many repossessions happening of family homes, but can of btls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Broadsheet has a good bit of transcript from it:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/11/15/there-are-no-guarantees/#more-281613

Advertisement