Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI shares steadily rising... Worth a punt?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

'Defaulted Loans fell by €1.2 Billion, or 6%'

Like I've always said, impairment charges will eventually destroy the BOI share price

If €1.2 billion is just 6% of defaulting loans.... Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out whats around the corner

Bank of Ireland have €20 Billion in defaulting loans. Mind boggling when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Like I've always said, impairment charges will eventually destroy the BOI share price

If €1.2 billion is just 6% of defaulting loans.... Well it doesn't take a genius to figure out whats around the corner

Bank of Ireland have €20 Billion in defaulting loans. Mind boggling when you think about it.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz....yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anyone think they'll drop back past 0.30 at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

BANK OF IRELAND 0.372 -0.017 ( -4.37 %)

Think ill purchase once below 30c also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

As thing stand at the minute I can't see boi going back to 30c. All the major players have held even at the 39c high. If they though there was a better place for their money they would have sold by now with huge profits. The results were on or above expectations but thats in the price already so no big jump today. Boi is stating 2014 making a profit and the economy, house prices and house building are all improving. This is a play on an improving Ireland. There is nothing in today's results I can see that would leave present investors or future investors unhappy.

However, if Russia advance into eastern Ukraine that will change everything. It won't be just boi though. All markets could be a bit jittery until Putin's intentions become clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thronegames

lucky john wrote: »
    As thing stand at the minute I can't see boi going back to 30c. All the major players have held even at the 39c high. If they though there was a better place for their money they would have sold by now with huge profits. The results were on or above expectations but thats in the price already so no big jump today. Boi is stating 2014 making a profit and the economy, house prices and house building are all improving. This is a play on an improving Ireland. There is nothing in today's results I can see that would leave present investors or future investors unhappy.

However, if Russia advance into eastern Ukraine that will change everything. It won't be just boi though. All markets could be a bit jittery until Putin's intentions become clear.

I bought and sold BOI twice on the way up as I have had bad experiences in the past and when I see a 40% profit I thought it was a no brainer to sell. I was wrong and I bought again today. I also bought ptsb again today. This time I'm walking away to let them cook for a year or so. I'm not sure that Putin's actions can be viewed as a game-changing even like a Lehman Bros thing in 2008 (?). I can't lose my shirt as I'm diversified. Maybe lose a cuff of my shirt but that's it. Also interested in Irish recovery plays; bought Green Reit today - play on Irish Commercial property. Also looking at Davy funds as to invest here via a broker is a joke. Seriously concerned about CGT in Ireland now. Assuming I am fortunate enough to be liable to pay it ...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wenxue

I bought 22c BOI Nov last year,today, I have near 60% profit,that s you said not buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

wenxue wrote: »
    I bought 22c BOI Nov last year,today, I have near 60% profit,that s you said not buy it?

Hurricane Fly has won me 60% returns in 5 minutes... Your gamble took 5 months for the same return :pac:

Same risk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Hurricane Fly has won me 60% returns in 5 minutes... Your gamble took 5 months for the same return :pac:

Same risk

In that case one can only assume you'll be backing the Fly heavily again this day week :pac:

• Advertisement

another drop this morning

BANK OF IRELAND 0.341 -0.02 ( -5.54 %)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

wenxue wrote: »

Nice profit :). If it were me I would have sold out at this stage.

When Willbur Ross sells the holding do ye think it will bring share price back down to the teens?

dropped again

BANK OF IRELAND 0.334 -0.027 ( -7.48 %)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wenxue

When Willbur Ross sells the holding do ye think it will bring share price back down to the teens?

Always trust Boi,Trust Richie,any drop for me is good time to buy more.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The share price is holding up remarkably well given the number which have been dumped on the market. We know who is selling, but who the hell is buying?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Roger_007 wrote: »
    The share price is holding up remarkably well given the number which have been dumped on the market. We know who is selling, but who the hell is buying?

Speculators?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,061 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Who is selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭frankeee

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭AP_MAN

think so.. the other day sold mine all with 30% profit, watching from side lines now until the 6.4% cleared
    Taylor365 wrote: »
    Anyone think they'll drop back past 0.30 at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

I decided to sell at .34 (in at .08 & .22) and see how things balance out with two big sales on the horizon (although state may hold).

Any predictions.....

• Advertisement

BANK OF IRELAND 0.328 -0.033 ( -9.14 %)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

tech wrote: »
    BANK OF IRELAND 0.328 -0.033 ( -9.14 %)

Just checked the trades coming up to close of business. 315 million shares traded in the last 2 minutes. This is going to be a roller-coaster for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

lads say I buy E1000 say they double to E2000 next week and I want to sell, what charges or taxes will I be hit with?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭floyd.pepper

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Just checked the trades coming up to close of business. 315 million shares traded in the last 2 minutes. This is going to be a roller-coaster for a while.

My money is in NYSE:IRE which took a bit of a hit this morning but the ship steadied and there was a slight rise through the day. Down 5% right now but I'm still up 28% since buying last Nov.

It could have gone either way this week given the announcements on Monday. If it stays around the $20 mark for the rest of this week then I'm sticking with my 'Long' call on this one to 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TheDalioLama

Idbatterim wrote: »
    lads say I buy E1000 say they double to E2000 next week and I want to sell, what charges or taxes will I be hit with?

No capital gains tax in the above scenario. The first €1,270 of an individual's annual gains is exempt. All gains over this figure is chargeable at 30%.

Check out revenue.ie capital gains tax section for the low down; http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/cgt/cgt-faqs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Has it not gone up to 33%?

33% is my understanding also

BANK OF IRELAND 0.324 0.00 ( 0.00 %):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm looking to get in for the long haul myself. If they don't fall below .30 and rise steady for 2 weeks i think i'm going to jump in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

BoI shares up slightly this morning 0.93% approx, positive article in the IT today..

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/boucher-s-strategy-vindicated-by-bank-of-ireland-s-back-to-black-performance-1.1712745

Wilbur always said that he was aiming for 300% uplift, that day arrived this year... yet he is holding on to the remaining 2/3 rds of his investment.. obviously he sees more growth here.

When the crisis in Crimea eventually calms down... markets should bounce back... including BoI... which has seen a lot of good news recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

ABC101 wrote: »
    BoI shares up slightly this morning 0.93% approx, positive article in the IT today..

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/financial-services/boucher-s-strategy-vindicated-by-bank-of-ireland-s-back-to-black-performance-1.1712745

Wilbur always said that he was aiming for 300% uplift, that day arrived this year... yet he is holding on to the remaining 2/3 rds of his investment.. obviously he sees more growth here.

When the crisis in Crimea eventually calms down... markets should bounce back... including BoI... which has seen a lot of good news recently.

Wilbur is locked in for the next 90 days. He may sell another chunk at that stage. The government may start to offload some of their share soon as well. 31c is their break even. An extra billion in the bank before the local elections might tempt them. Regardless, BoI is still good for the long term.

Advertisement