Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moone Boy (Sky One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

FairCity12 wrote: »
    Anywhere I can watch this easily online?

They are all on YouTube.. .Am I allowed say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

A friend of mine from Enniscrone stuck a few photos up on her facebook. Looks like she met the cast and crew filming up there. Interesting faces there too.

Looks like
    Brendan Gleeson and Aidan Gillen
    will be making an appearance in season 2.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A friend of mine from Enniscrone stuck a few photos up on her facebook. Looks like she met the cast and crew filming up there. Interesting faces there too.

Looks like

They're filming a new film in Sligo, so no relation to the show at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Looks like
    Yeah, that's the new movie Calvary from 'The Guard' director John Michael McDonagh.

They were also filming in A Casa Mia in Sligo town last week.

Guessing that since it was proven not to be accurate, I can talk without spoilers? That's a pity, Brendan Gleeson would probably have been excellent in it, but has he ever done TV roles?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

^^ Yes, he played Michael Collins in the TV series. Probably some other stuff too, but that's the first that comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

They're filming a new film in Sligo, so no relation to the show at all.

Ah right, I just seen Chris O'Dowd dressed as a butcher and assumed MArtin must have gotten a Summer job.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

quickbeam wrote: »
    ^^ Yes, he played Michael Collins in the TV series. Probably some other stuff too, but that's the first that comes to mind.

He played Michael Collins in a TV movie called "The Treaty", a really wondeful film if you are interested in history.

Dont think he played him in a TV series?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Me too.. although I do wonder if some of the subtleties are lost on people who weren't born in the mid to late 70's. It's funny nonetheless, but for me (born in 76) the little things ('Don't Go' on the radio, Steve Wall, doing the do to Cosmopolitan Magazine etc) take it to the next level. Love it.

I could have imagined this, but in one of the episodes where Martin's looking for a "Girly mag" and he goes into his sisters' room, he picks up what looks like Cosmopolitan, but it actually says Countrypolitan? I love those little details, like the Halo! magazine for priests in Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭squonk

I only got to catch up on the episodes last night. What a great show. I never liked the IT crowd and for a long time Chris O'Dowd annoyed me but I have to say he's bang on the money with this show. He's a fairly intelligent guy it has to be said when you look at this.

I was 14 in 1989 so not much older than Martin but it really brings me back. Even Deirdre O'Kane and all the 80's clothes she wears brings me right back. There sems to be great attention to detail and the music is great. I'm really looking forward to the second series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Guessing that since it was proven not to be accurate, I can talk without spoilers? That's a pity, Brendan Gleeson would probably have been excellent in it, but has he ever done TV roles?

Brendan Gleeson did star in Glenroe many moons ago!

063_03424f112e797d3c574027c717e73f1883f6e791.jpg

https://stillslibrary.rte.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bressie has Martin in his video
    More importantly, Padraig's in it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Bressie has Martin in his video

That's pretty good - as long as you turn the sound down on Youtube and just watch it listening to a good song instead of Bressie's sh*te!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,979 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Chris O'Dowd is over rated.

+ 100. What is the hype with this guy? He seems to be everywhere. To me there is nothing approaching talented. He's just pointless!

It has got a 3rd season :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Has the second series even started?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

anybody know when this is starting back?

mystic86 wrote: »
    anybody know when this is starting back?

My guess would be around the middle or end of Sept 2013

My guess would be around the middle or end of Sept 2013
    Think November was mentioned on Sky 1's Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Bring back Coogan!

Basq wrote: »
    Think November was mentioned on Sky 1's Facebook.

Any exact date given yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It is starting to look like we won't see Series 2 this side of Christmas :(

Sky One have a repeat run of Series 1 starting on Thursday at 9pm, and continuing the following Thursday .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

walshb wrote: »
    + 100. What is the hype with this guy? He seems to be everywhere. To me there is nothing approaching talented. He's just pointless!

Just saw him turn up in Thor 2 last nite, forgot he was in that too,
    he's also handy if you're stuck in a galaxy far far away, as a phone a friend :P

Skid X wrote: »
    It is starting to look like we won't see Series 2 this side of Christmas

Sky One have a repeat run of Series 1 starting on Thursday at 9pm, and continuing the following Thursday .

That was the date given by Steve Coogan 'McFeely' gave on the Late Late when he was on, pity its the first season & not the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

It's so frustrating. Sky have been advertising the season two since July. I really thought it would have started by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

From Chris O'Dowd on the Twitter ...
    yeah, apologies for the wait for series 2. We've been waiting for Martin to finish 'this' rehab stint. Looking like early Feb.
    #MooneBoy

https://twitter.com/BigBoyler/status/401101489914916865

I'm gonna sound really stupid here but why would Martin be in rehab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm gonna sound really stupid here but why would Martin be in rehab?

Twas a joke I imagine

Oh. Right over my head there :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

Moone Boy starts Sky1 February 17th

Advertisement