Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moone Boy (Sky One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I really enjoyed it, but think it would've been better if the episode was just kept in Boyle - would've been an opportunity to revisit some of the guest characters from season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭big_drive

Enjoyed it. It's a show I only saw during the summer for first time when my sister gave me a boxset of series one.
    Looking fwd to rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

More harmless fun tonight, good turns from both cameo performers. Dumb bells indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Brian O Driscoll is one lucky man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Huberman couldn't do a rural accent to save her life.
    Slightly worse than Deirdre O'Kanes effort.

I've only seen this season's episodes & I quite like it.
    Though there is 1 daughter too many & the father character is too young.

The young lad & buddy Padraig are terrific though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭GBXI

The only episodes I've seen have been the 2 this series, and I have to say that last nights episode was absolutely brilliant - best bit of Irish comedy TV I've seen in a long time. Will have to go watch the whole 1st series now. Is this doing well in England?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Sky ratings are always pretty low compared to the main terrestrial channels.

However its on with Modern Family which is pretty popular, so I'd say it does alright.

If it got a million viewers it would be a good result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Huberman couldn't do a rural accent to save her life.
    Slightly worse than Deirdre O'Kanes effort.

O'Kane is from Drogheda, not exactly south Dublin. And Hubermans accent was fine I thought for the character she was playing, I doubt all teachers in a rural school are from the immediate locality, I don't think she was supposed to be from Boyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

However its on with Modern Family which is pretty popular, so I'd say it does alright.

The third season is already shot isn't it? So it must be doing alright for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Padraic is the best thing in this show

"Hoiya Jimmy, give my love to your mother"

"What's happening girlfriend! ... I've forgotten her name"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I watched all of the first series on Sky on Demand over the weekend and have fallen totally for Moone Boy. Its bloody brilliant. I was the same age as Martin Moone in 1989 and particularly loved the Italia '90 episode. That is one of my favourite memories.

I've seen only the first episode of Series 2 and have it on series link so will save all of the episodes up and have a feel good Friday when I've got a good few recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

The dig at the one-way system in Boyle after getting lost on his way to school was brilliant.
    Any rossie will know the uproar over the one-way system in the town the past few years.

Think that was my biggest laugh out loud moment.

Loving Moone Boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I absolutely love Padraic.

iPOD was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

I absolutely love Padraic.

We're all as charming as Padriac in Roscommon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bressie did quite well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭paulbok

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bressie did quite well :p

Perhaps he SHOULD give up the day job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Padraic is the funniest character in the whole show :D piss myself as soon as he appears on the screen.

"Great mass lad, great mass"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dessie is very funny too

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Deirdre O'Kane's facial expressions have me in stitches. Huberman and Bressie were funny in this too, although it's getting very crowded on screen with all these characters!

I love Padraic but I hope they feature Sinéad a bit more, she had some great one-liners in the first season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dessie is very funny too

Ah yeh ... but he's not Padraic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Good episode, hoping for a Steve Coogan appearance at some point in the series. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

When Deirdre O'kane's character phones the school about organising the dance, they answer the phone "Hello, Martins school" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Episode 1 only got 148k :eek: which is pretty awful really for such a good show, I think series 1 averaged 400k

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    When Deirdre O'kane's character phones the school about organising the dance, they answer the phone "Hello, Martins school" :D

I noticed that as well. Lovely touch.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ha! I rewound it back to check that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Is it not on demand this week? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Is it not on demand this week? :(

I watched it on sky go yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I heard that and wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not.
    I love this show so much.
    Dessie is such a sap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Brilliant episode. I laughed out loud so many times and even snorted once!

So glad it was back on form after the premiere episode which I felt was quite poor and lazy.

Advertisement