Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moone Boy (Sky One)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus... about time!

It's got it's premiere at the Cat Laughs last Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

looking forward to it, Sky took their time, was originally meant to be in the Autumn time last year I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Northernrobm

I really can't wait, this really has made my night. reminder being set as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Saw a photo today of the Martin Moone decked out in Italia 90 gear. It's going to be gas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I thought that Mary Robinson episode was just hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

And it looks like the first episode of season 2 will available here from Saturday.
    After a long wait, Series 2 of Moone Boy finally starts on Sky1 on Monday 17th February 2014. Plus, in a new move to attract more people to Sky, everyone (even non-Sky subscribers) will be able to watch the first episode from Saturday 1st February 2014 on Sky's YouTube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

johnire wrote: »
    Moone Boy starts Sky1 February 17th

Finally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Has it been removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Basq wrote: »
    And it looks like the first episode of season 2 will available here from Saturday.

I'm starting to get the impression that they meant episode 1 of season 1... :(

No there was definitely a link to episode 1 of series 2 basq posted. Unless he realized his mistake and removed the post.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    No there was definitely a link to episode 1 of series 2 basq posted. Unless he realized his mistake and removed the post.

I believe that is was a mistake

Dang it :( Although, I clicked that link, and I'm sure it took me to the episode. Unless sky 1 mislabelled it. Anyways

cloud493 wrote: »
    Dang it :( Although, I clicked that link, and I'm sure it took me to the episode. Unless sky 1 mislabelled it. Anyways

I could be wrong. Just figured it would've been up by now if it was gonna be up today. And they did add Season 1, Episode 1 last night to their YouTube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Less than 8 hours to go, I hope the warm up act (season five of Modern Family!) doesn't blow it 'off the stage' as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

You can download it from Sky on Demand for the last week. Watched it over the weekend. Very good. Especially if you remember the Italia 90 and the impact it on Ireland. It does raise a question about how Martin got his full name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,892 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ole Ole Ole :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Can't say I enjoyed it very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I thought it encapsulated the fanfare of the time very well

"G'wan Daithi O'Laoire!!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

zuutroy wrote: »
    Can't say I enjoyed it very much.

Why are you from Romania?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Why are you from Romania?

Haha. Just found a lot of it quite laboured and not funny. World Cup backdrop was a bit of a crutch. Enjoyed the first series a lot and hope it bounces back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Yeah, saw it by accident on sky on demand, thought it very funny inc the Italia 90 bits as well.
    Martin's mother "I'd love to go after that nearly Irish player" or "I'd jump him like a bouncy castle" :)

Bit odd the part where Martin's dad's not interested in football & heads for the holiday to Donegal & then later heads for Packie Bonner's 'house' to 'Honour the Bonner' & also one of the crew done this as a lark, if you noticed in the first few scenes you see a Donegal flag hanging out the window ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Strange that Martin has some football related middle names when his Dad regarded soccer as a foreign sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Strange that Martin has some football related middle names when his Dad regarded soccer as a foreign sport.

What were all the middle names he has, no doubt Cascarino was probably there, due to his football mad mum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Martin Paul Kenny Dalglish Moone. :) I enjoyed the episode anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Martin Paul Kenny Dalglish Moone. :) I enjoyed the episode anyway.

I'd say Martin and Paul (first and second names) were given by his parents at birth/christening, no football related name there... But Kenny Dalglish looks to me like Martin picked it himself for his confirmation...

I have a mate who picked Michael & Owen as his confirmation names, as he was a big 'Pool fan and Michael Owen was the man... this was before he moved to utd of course

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

A bit pedantic but Jimmy Magee commentated for the Italy Ireland game (the only Irish game he did and only one we lost) not George Hamilton....otherwise I thought it was enjoyable more so than hilarious.

Good episode except the whole Martin running away thing. Liked the end of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I'd say Martin and Paul (first and second names) were given by his parents at birth/christening, no football related name there... But Kenny Dalglish looks to me like Martin picked it himself for his confirmation...

I have a mate who picked Michael & Owen as his confirmation names, as he was a big 'Pool fan and Michael Owen was the man... this was before he moved to utd of course

He chose Martin as his confirmation name

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

I enjoyed the first half of the episode but the second half was a bit of a let down, especially when he ran away seemed ripped off from Home Alone. There was also something odd and distracting with the visuals, like much of it was filmed in front of a green screen or a video backdrop, especially when they were all sitting in the room watching the Italian match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Thought the first seres was great but was a little underwhelmed by first episode of new series. I felt it was a bit laboured and the jokes a bit forced. It wasn't as funny, but still a darn sight better than Next Week's News!

Advertisement