Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

rickyjb wrote: »
    The code only works for upgrades, so you can't use it if you're porting from another network? I thought someone said they'd used it for that earlier. Maybe that's why the order didn't process...

It definitely works for porting.

If you are taking out a new line without porting, you can only get 10%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I rang them and they said the website wasn't working properly because of maintenance and to try later. I'm not convinced but I'll try again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

I tried to upgrade from pre-pay to Billpay, I can buy the phone but no discount for me...So I reckon the discount only works if you port your number from different network.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I just put an order through now.

Ported from 3 bill pay (30 day rolling contract).

Used JULYCHAT2013 and got the 20 % discount.

Processed and said confirmed, an email came through a little while later as well.

Have been looking for a deal on this for quite a while so thanks OP. Reall looking forward to the upgrade (coming from SGS2).
    Now to get a nice case that won't take to much from the aesthetics! Wohoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Does the phone come with a warranty?

• Advertisement

Does the phone come with a warranty?

Every phone comes with a warranty.....it's the law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Thanks to the OP for this thread, after an absolutely horrendous experience with Vodafone last week I ended up cancelling out of a contract and went back to pay as you go while I looked for a deal. My current phone is an ancient old nokia, dont even know the model, I dont think smartphones were even invented when I got it!

After my horrible experience I really didnt want to be tied into a long contract with anyone again so this 6 month thing suits to get a nice phone without paying the earth. Really the flexibility of moving after 6 months is the clincher.

Ill be back in 6 months to ask whats the best thing to do now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

imtdub wrote: »
    I tried to upgrade from pre-pay to Billpay, I can buy the phone but no discount for me...So I reckon the discount only works if you port your number from different network.

Kinda odd. An operator offered me 20% upgrade on a different phone from prepay. Seems to different depending how you ask on O2 or may its just for these phones with 100 off at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

imtdub wrote: »

did you try the code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

I asked tonight in the shop and the guy told me the phone costs 299 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Are these phones definitely locked to O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

polaris68 wrote: »
    Are these phones definitely locked to O2?

Just checked and it won't take my 3 sim card so yes it's locked to O2.

I asked tonight in the shop and the guy told me the phone costs 299 euro.

They're €100 off online at the moment, hence the price being €100 cheaper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Just be mindful.

IF YOUR ALREADY ON O2 PREPAY YOU WILL NOT GET 20% OFF.

If you are on:
    1. another carrier you will
    2. On bill already with o2 you will
    3. on prepay with o2 you won't

It is still a good offer. I managed to get 10% off on prepay with o2 from the chat assistant.

Try discount code................"Chat 10"................................can't guarantee this still works. I couldn't be arsed loosing the deal over 20quid.

peace out folks

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

HTC One is easily unlocked using this guide from XDA ... beware though this may "brick" your phone so use with caution.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2260376

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mickotoole wrote: »
    HTC One is easily unlocked using this guide from XDA ... beware though this may "brick" your phone so use with caution.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2260376

Just bring it into one of the stores on George's Street or elsewhere- and get them to do it for you- its not worth the hassle.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Picked mine up from the store today (ordered Weds night, arrived yesterday), very happy with it so far, thought it might be too big but it's not and very much lighter than my old Desire, I've got pretty much everything I want loaded on it now and still have 24GBs free, photos look a bit grainy but haven't really played with the settings much, sound out of the speakers is very impressive. Thanks again OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just bring it into one of the stores on George's Street or elsewhere- and get them to do it for you- its not worth the hassle.........

How much do those places usually charge? And any idea how they do it? Htc phones generally come unlocked anyway I heard, can anyone confirm the One they got is factory unlocked?

When you say the pictures look grainy- care to post a few sample shots here? The 'ultra-pixels' definitely shouldn't look grainy (unless your doing digital zooming- and even then- you should pick up colours and light levels, a hell of a lot better than you would with a regular camera phone).

How much do those places usually charge? And any idea how they do it? Htc phones generally come unlocked anyway I heard, can anyone confirm the One they got is factory unlocked?

20/30 Euro. I agree- HTC phones generally do come unlocked- in this instance, its not the case though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

can easily go online on ebay and get an unlock code. works out cheaper and all you need is the imei number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

When you say the pictures look grainy- care to post a few sample shots here? The 'ultra-pixels' definitely shouldn't look grainy (unless your doing digital zooming- and even then- you should pick up colours and light levels, a hell of a lot better than you would with a regular camera phone).

Yeah, the reviews I read suggested the camera was excellent. I fired off a few quick shots and found 2 problems:

1) Grainy/noisey in general
    2) Bright parts of the image were burnt out a little bit more than I'd expect.

This was hours ago and I deleted them, lighting conditions completely different now so will try again tomorrow in daylight.

On the plus side, vibrant colours, a nice richness overall and loved the multi-shot option of just holding down the 'button' and taking loads of pics in rapid succession and then picking the best one while it auto-deletes the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

I was told by a rep that you can just ask o2 to unlock it once you are a bill pay customer

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

It's very easy to unlock these devices. If you can read and follow a video you can unlock your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Ask O2 to unlock it, I bought a pre-pay Nokia 520 and requested an unlock code the next day, they first sent me an email stating A) the phone wasn't registered to anyone, which is true because I only just got it B) I needed to top up by €120 to get an unlock code. An hour later another email came with the unlock code, I hadn't even contacted them again:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

What do you think of the 520?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

JHet wrote: »
    Just be mindful.

IF YOUR ALREADY ON O2 PREPAY YOU WILL NOT GET 20% OFF.

If you are on:
    1. another carrier you will
    2. On bill already with o2 you will
    3. on prepay with o2 you won't

It is still a good offer. I managed to get 10% off on prepay with o2 from the chat assistant.

Try discount code................"Chat 10"................................can't guarantee this still works. I couldn't be arsed loosing the deal over 20quid.

peace out folks

But if you are already with o2, just get the 20% discount code in Priority moments and it will work, even for people upgrading from o2 prepay!

Actually it doesn't, for some reason o2 don't view this as an upgrade so even the priority code doesn't apply. I guess they don't care about their own pre-pay customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mindbloggling

Really tempted by this offer.. am on prepay but tempted for just the 6 months contract and then move back to prepay after the only thing is i have €130 credit and i dont know what to do....

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Really tempted by this offer.. am on prepay but tempted for just the 6 months contract and then move back to prepay after the only thing is i have €130 credit and i dont know what to do....

Is there anyway you could transfer that credit onto another sim/account, get through the 6 month contract and transfer the credit back onto your own account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 mindbloggling

Issac wrote: »
    Is there anyway you could transfer that credit onto another sim/account, get through the 6 month contract and transfer the credit back onto your own account?

Can you do that..??
    am currently with Vodafone.

Advertisement