Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice HTC one billpay deal (IMO)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    It asks for a validation too. Am I missing something?

I didn't have to enter a validation number, just applied the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

SteM wrote: »
    I didn't have to enter a validation number, just applied the code.

Appears to be case sensitive,only works in block capitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The chat agent may give a special code generated at the time maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

adcrawley wrote: »
    Use JULYCHAT2013

I bought one this evening and this is the code the agent gave me and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The code is give to apply the discount to your account, the customer service agent has already added it to your account, JULYCHAT2013 is only to redeem it. So it wont work for anybody who hasn't been told by an agent that they are getting a discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    It asks for a validation too. Am I missing something?

Promotion Code: JULYCHAT2013 (caps)
    Validation ID: Your Mobile phone number

Total €159.20

That worked for me ;)

And I did NOT CHAT to an agent

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭adcrawley

I was on a 30 day SIM only package and that's what I done.
    I told O2 to port it as soon as they can.
    I was going to change to O2 in the next few weeks because the 3 coverage is not great where I live. It was a no-brainer when I saw this offer.

Were you out of contract or on a sim only contract or payg? I'm on a 30 day sim only contract with Three and was wondering if I can hand in my 30 days notice tomorrow and port my number immediately paying Three for the final 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

You get to keep your old number I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Yes, this is the code given by the online support. This plus the €30 fatcheese cashback and 6 month contract make this a fantastic bargain imo.

FatCheese seemed to have stopped awarding cashback, so don't rely too much on that.

yes, I kept the number.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You get to keep your old number I presume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭lau1247

I got a 20% off code from the sales representative on their chat. I think it was JULYCHAT

quick question, where is this sales rep chat thing??

Apologies in advance, I haven't really use O2 website but the have O2 number that I use as backup, the missus is looking for an upgrade so might be the right time..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

It popped up when I clicked on 'Buy Now'
    I tried it there now and it doesn't appear.
    you might need to contact customer service

lau1247 wrote: »
    quick question, where is this sales rep chat thing??

Apologies in advance, I haven't really use O2 website but the have O2 number that I use as backup, the missus is looking for an upgrade so might be the right time..

It popped up when I clicked on 'Buy Now'
    I tried it there now and it doesn't appear.
    you might need to contact customer service

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/contact-us/

Then click on Live Chat.

There is no link associated with that section of the page, on my computer

Just signed up for this deal, even though i have two months left on my Vodafone contract.....it's just too good a deal to turn down.

With the 20% discount, it works out €490 for the 6 months....cheaper than the cost of the phone! I could sell my current HTC One for a good €400, next 6 months is gonna cost me next to nothing.

Cheers to the OP for the heads-up!

Don't what to say. I'm looking at it right here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Deal breaker

"We’re trying to reduce waste, so this phone doesn’t come with a charger. Please see the “in the box” tab below for more info on this initiative."
    :D

I just entered the code and my mobile number and got the discount. havent pushed the button yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Sometimes the chat option just appears on the page if you wait!

6CHFj8.jpg

Deal breaker

"We’re trying to reduce waste, so this phone doesn’t come with a charger. Please see the “in the box” tab below for more info on this initiative."
    :D

I just entered the code and my mobile number and got the discount. havent pushed the button yet.

O2 not supplying a charger has been around for a while now. Seeing as I have at least half a dozen cables and chargers floating around, it's not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

JULYCHAT2013 works for me too.
    I'm in the middle of my 30 day sim only contract with Meteor so will wait till that ends.

(Then my life will be more complete and I'll be happier as I have the newest toy.)

• Advertisement

dinneenp wrote: »
    JULYCHAT2013 works for me too.
    I'm in the middle of my 30 day sim only contract with Meteor so will wait till that ends.

(Then my life will be more complete and I'll be happier as I have the newest toy.)

make sure you cancel meteor. 30 days notice needed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

make sure you cancel meteor. 30 days notice needed

I know, annoying but it's €25 a month contract so might just jump. The O2 discount will end at end of July I presume.
    I'll try to see if O2 will offer me additinoal discount, after all I'm committing to €479 at least with them.

I pushed the button after chatting to O2. They gave me a link and the code.

I think its just a referral link for the agent. I went through fatcheese and just applied the code.
    Gave him the order number and he confirmed it.

When I got onto Meteor it was a different story with the agent not believing the deal. Told him to check it on his own time .

They then couldnt cancel in 30 days as it fell on a saturday and said it would be monday so when i made a fuss over it and said it wasn't my probelm they couldnt fulfill their t&c's he confirmed cancellation for the 16th Friday.
    I also had to email cancellations@meteor.ie

the direct number is 1800 222085

Three were fine with the cancellation. They even offered me the phone for free on a 24 month €40pm contract but the O2 offer still worked out cheaper.

Anyone know how long it takes for 02 to send out the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Anyone know how long it takes for 02 to send out the phone?

2-4 working days, I've had mine sent to an 02 shop to avoid any postage problems (thin letterbox, depot far away etc...)

pm1977x wrote: »
    2-4 working days, I've had mine sent to an 02 shop to avoid any postage problems (thin letterbox, depot far away etc...)

Bugger, didn't see that option. oh well, should have it by Friday so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

anyone had any response since receiving the order placed email? just wondering if this will be accepted. Only ordered last night but hoped they'd respond by now.

want it now...stomping feet.. etc

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

I was on a 30 day SIM only package and that's what I done.
    I told O2 to port it as soon as they can.
    I was going to change to O2 in the next few weeks because the 3 coverage is not great where I live. It was a no-brainer when I saw this offer.

Should you wait until you receive your new phone before telling Three? I just don't want to be left without any service whilst waiting for my phone to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

If your a relatively light user (i.e about 20/25 quid a month), Metoer works out better. It costs 229 upfront and 25.41 p/m for 18 months. The extra €30 p/m for 6 months is more than the initial cost difference between the two phones.

So.. If your going to be spending 25€ p/m anyway, dont mind an 18 month contract, and all you can eat is overkill, this is a better deal.

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/htc-one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

If your a relatively light user (i.e about 20/25 quid a month), Metoer works out better. It costs 229 upfront and 25.41 p/m for 18 months. The extra €30 p/m for 6 months is more than the initial cost difference between the two phones.

So.. If your going to be spending 25€ p/m anyway, dont mind an 18 month contract, and all you can eat is overkill, this is a better deal.

https://store.meteor.ie/phones/bill-pay-phones/htc-one

On Vodafone --- 199 up front + 55 x 6months = 529 (without any discounts)

On Meteor ---- 229 up front + 25 x 18 months = 679

How is Meteor cheaper?

Edit: Ah I see your point now, about spending money on credit after your contract ends etc. Still prefer to be finished the contract and have the money in pocket to spend as I choose rather then tied to a contract for another year.

Advertisement