Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 audz.40

Dasher7 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone kno of a guy called Dale Turner he is a tattoo artist/based somewhere in Limerick??

hi i do im the mother of his child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

I haven't seen a recent list for Galway City in here, so here goes

Galway Bay Tattoo, Lower Fairhill Road, (091) 528 897 facebook

Inkfingers, Lower Abbeygate St, (091)500793, http://www.inkfingers.ie/

Victor Tattoos, Lower Abbeygate St, (091) 895 910 facebook

G's Tattoos, William St, 087 667 3475 facebook

AWOL, Newtownsmith, (091) 441 942 facebook They also offer tattoo removal.

Vinnie's, Dominick St, 087 759 6780 facebook - Seems to be recently closed (12-02-13)

There's another study run by a Polish guy out in Liosban Industrial estate on the Tuam road, but I can't find any info for him, I'll update if I get some.

Piercings: AWOL, G's and Victor's definitely have piercers. Not 100% on Inkfingers at the moment.

In terms of quality, Galway Bay and Inkfingers are very, very good. I've seen some nice stuff from Victors. AWOL seem to primarily to do bold colourful traditional-type stuff. I'd probably go here or Victors for piercings, but I havn't heard any personal reviews. Nothing I've seen from G's or Vinnies has thrilled me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Ok guys and gals, who is your favourite tattooist? Get yourselves over to Tattoos Ireland to see work from all the studios on the island, and post your photos and reviews!!!

http://www.facebook.com/TattoosIreland

(post approved by the mods)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Another page worth checking out if your interested in Tattoo Artists in Ireland is Irish Ink on Facebook, its only going awhile but posts up some nice work. The woman who runs it is also more than happy to hear about artists, studios etc that should be featured so feel free to message her.

http://www.facebook.com/inkirish?ref=ts&fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I'm always suspiious of those tap out deals. I could take a normal tattoo session for probably close to double figure hours in one session but I also know if an artist wanted they could make you tap no problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Galway Bay Tattoo, Lower Fairhill Road, (091) 528 897 facebook

Victor Tattoos, Lower Abbeygate St, (091) 895 910 facebook

G's Tattoos, William St, 087 667 3475 facebook

AWOL, Newtownsmith, (091) 441 942 facebook They also offer tattoo removal.

Vinnie's, Dominick St, 087 759 6780 facebook

There's another study run by a Polish guy out in Liosban Industrial estate on the Tuam road, but I can't find any info for him, I'll update if I get some.

Piercings: AWOL, G's and Victor's definitely have piercers. Not 100% on Inkfingers at the moment.

In terms of quality, Galway Bay and Inkfingers are very, very good. I've seen some nice stuff from Victors. AWOL seem to primarily to do bold colourful traditional-type stuff. I'd probably go here or Victors for piercings, but I havn't heard any personal reviews. Nothing I've seen from G's or Vinnies has thrilled me personally.

There's also Irish Ink. And Better times out in Tuam. Not sure if Metal works are still going. Galway bay, Inkfingers and AWOL are probably the three best studios in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Arawn wrote: »
    I'm always suspiious of those tap out deals. I could take a normal tattoo session for probably close to double figure hours in one session but I also know if an artist wanted they could make you tap no problem

Any artist could make you tap within 5 minutes, you'll get what they believe is enough for the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Melion wrote: »
    Any artist could make you tap within 5 minutes

I burst out laughing at the thought of this :p Probably shouldn't have.

I own the studio that is running that offer and I can assure you we have may clients that sit for that long. We would not be in business if we were treating our valued clients with such contempt. Most studios who have clients travelling from out of town set up longer sessions. Deal or no deal, it will always be better value for the client if they sit for longer.

bubblebery wrote: »
    I own the studio that is running that offer and I can assure you we have may clients that sit for that long. We would not be in business if we were treating our valued clients with such contempt. Most studios who have clients travelling from out of town set up longer sessions. Deal or no deal, it will always be better value for the client if the sit for longer.

Oh I figured you did run the shop, but like I said I reckon I could last about 10 hours in a chair, People would be a bit silly if not even a tiny bit suspicious of a pay 200 sit for as long as possible deal! By the way I'm not saying ye would make someone tap after a set time but I do believe it's rational to have a little doubt

• Advertisement

Sorry, the advert says a maximum of 5 hours. The longest I have sat is 6 hours about 20 years ago. 2 months ago I was getting my calf tattooed and I tapped out after an hour, a few days ago I was getting a portrait on my forearm, and my wife, who was tattooing me wanted to stop after about 4 hours. There are many many factors that effect how long someone can sit...age, placement of tattoo, type of tattoo etc.

The calf tattoo had lots of solid colour-work and my wife was testing out a new machine setup, which she will only do on me. The portrait is black and grey, so the machine runs softer for smooth blends and gradual gradients, thus its not as sore on the skin.

I am dubious of anyone who says they can sit for 10 hours though... that would be my idea of hell !!!

bubblebery wrote: »
    Sorry, the advert says a maximum of 5 hours. The longest I have sat is 6 hours about 20 years ago. 2 months ago I was getting my calf tattooed and I tapped out after an hour, a few days ago I was getting a portrait on my forearm, and my wife, who was tattooing me wanted to stop after about 4 hours. There are many many factors that effect how long someone can sit...age, placement of tattoo, type of tattoo etc.

The calf tattoo had lots of solid colour-work and my wife was testing out a new machine setup, which she will only do on me. The portrait is black and grey, so the machine runs softer for smooth blends and gradual gradients, thus its not as sore on the skin.

I am dubious of anyone who says they can sit for 10 hours though... that would be my idea of hell !!!

Didn't see that. Now 5 hours for 200 sterling is a deal

Arawn wrote: »
    Didn't see that. Now 5 hours for 200 sterling is a deal

Sure is :) We are always pretty busy, usually booked a month in advance at least, but with all the trouble up here, even though we are nowhere near it everyone seems depressed?

I thought it was time to reach out to potential clients in Belfast who may not want to travel into the city because of the trouble.

Anyway, I did not think the post would result in this discussion and I do not want to infringe on board rules. There are lots of artists on Tattoos Ireland...some are amazing and may be based near you, some are bloody awful, as always the work speaks for itself !

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

I only have experience of INK Fingers, have to say a brilliant experience. From the day I walked into the shop with some ideas, the lads did up a custom design and the actual tattoo experience itself was class (5 hours with Sean).

Would highly recommend

murfinho wrote: »
    I only have experience of INK Fingers, have to say a brilliant experience. From the day I walked into the shop with some ideas, the lads did up a custom design and the actual tattoo experience itself was class (5 hours with Sean).

Would highly recommend

Yeah I know a few people including my gf who've been there and all have had positive things to say, some of the stuff their apprentice (Joe?) has done is really, really good. I've popped in but not had any work done but they were very nice. Steve and Nancy guested at Inkfingers for a while and they now have their own place at Galway Bay Tattoo/Art Gallery. Steve's doing my next tattoo and I'm pretty excited.
    There's also Irish Ink. And Better times out in Tuam. Not sure if Metal works are still going. Galway bay, Inkfingers and AWOL are probably the three best studios in my opinion.

Irish Ink is gone, went by a month or two ago and the place is gutted, it now looks like a pet shop is moving in. Metalworks are also gone and G's tattoo is what's in their old location.

A bit of ninja editing going on here me thinks ;):).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A bit of ninja editing going on here me thinks ;):).

:confused:

:confused:

Now im confused to :pac:, had an email for this thread with someone advocating a certain studio who was clearly associated with said studio and under a new username who was eh recently had a few disputes on here.

Clicked on thread post gone, thought it was a moderator snip :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

hey all. im thinking strongly about getting a tattoo was just wondering whats the best place in the southeast? thanks

Addition to my previous post: Vinnies tattoo in Galway City is now closed. Fb suggests gone to Limerick.

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »
    hey all. im thinking strongly about getting a tattoo was just wondering whats the best place in the southeast? thanks

If your looking for recommendations best of starting a specific thread on it ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

Addition to my previous post: Vinnies tattoo in Galway City is now closed. Fb suggests gone to Limerick.

Vinny has opened a new shop called Babar's Ink near Corbally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Whereabouts near Corbally? Can't see that lasting too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

its in a unit at tescos express

<snip>
    Don't quote/comment on shills please!

Hmmm quite suspicious :p.

<snip> needs to shill out

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shero321

Just wondering if anyone can help.
    I'm looking to have a tribal tattoo done. But it kills me to pay the stupid high prices they charge in dublin tattoo shops. So this guy I work with, says there is a Tatoo artistic in Main Street bray and he is a lot cheaper then the dublin shops & he's work is really good. He's a polish dude and he's based 103 Main Street bray & go's by the name of Robert. Has anyone heard of or seen any of his work. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Prices charged in Dublin aren't stupid. They take into account the rent on a premises, the wage of the artist, the cost of breaking down and setting up a studio for each tattoo, materials, etc etc.

Does the guy have a tattoo shop? if so, what's its name? I know there's one in Bray that's been slated on boards, but can't give much of an opinion with just a first name tbh.

Lastly, good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Shero321

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Prices charged in Dublin aren't stupid. They take into account the rent on a premises, the wage of the artist, the cost of breaking down and setting up a studio for each tattoo, materials, etc etc.

Does the guy have a tattoo shop? if so, what's its name? I know there's one in Bray that's been slated on boards, but can't give much of an opinion with just a first name tbh.

Lastly, good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good.

Thanks for the reply. And what you said is very true. This guy has got a shop, but I don't know it's name. It's address is 103 Main Street bray & the the artist name is Robert. But only yesterday, I was recommend another guy mark(tattooist)Daily. He is based in tallaght and He works from home & is amazing, plus he doesn't charge a kings ransom. You can check out he's work on Facebook. So if anybody has any info on this guy in bray, keep me posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Shero321 wrote: »
    But only yesterday, I was recommend another guy mark(tattooist)Daily. He is based in tallaght and He works from home & is amazing, plus he doesn't charge a kings ransom. You can check out he's work on Facebook. So if anybody has any info on this guy in bray, keep me posted.

Due don't cheap out. Like has already been said good tattoos are not cheap and cheap tattoos are not good.

Given its something you will have for the rest of your life the price of a good tattoo is a pittance. Much more expensive to get a crappy tattoo lasered and then covered up than get good ink from the start.

Advertisement