Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF to refund property tax

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Actually it is going to help fund a bloated and overpaid public sector high ranking staff.

fyp

frontline staff get paid sh1te money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

the sooner sf are in government the better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Do you think they'll refund property tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Where will the money come from to refund us? The Northern Bank :
    Where will the money come from?
    Us of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah we need someone truly dedicated to financially ruining this country, FG are only doing a half assed job of it. Bring on the shinners for the finishing blow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yeah we need someone truly dedicated to financially ruining this country.

Just in case you have'nt been here, thats been already done.

darkhorse wrote: »
    Just in case you have'nt been here, thats been already done.

Ahh now were not quite dead yet, theres still plenty more that can be ****ed with

Phoebas wrote: »

is that what you consider the biggest issue in irish politics?

Yeah we need someone truly dedicated to financially ruining this country, FG are only doing a half assed job of it. Bring on the shinners for the finishing blow

what says they will ruin the country?

is that what you consider the biggest issue in irish politics?
    Nope. But it is the topic of this discussion.
    So, do you expect them to refund the property tax?

• Advertisement

what says they will ruin the country?

I do, also them with the whole refunding the property tax, putting corporation tax to 30% and trying to reunify the island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Do you think the money collected by an lpt is actually going where we're being told its going?

SamHall wrote: »
    Do you think the money collected by an lpt is actually going where we're being told its going?

Where are we being told its going?

Where are we being told its going?

Are you telling me you're going to pay, without knowing where its (supposedly) going :confused:

My my.

Are you telling me you're going to pay, without knowing where its (supposedly) going :confused:

My my.

Oh i know where its going into the giant tax pot to pay for everything, just curious where we're being told its going?

Yes. That or evil German billionaires.

Oh i know where its going into the giant tax pot to pay for everything, just curious where we're being told its going?

It's going to fund local services.

(allegedly)

Yes. That or evil German billionaires.

The rolly eyes on the emoticons aren't big enough for this reply.

Its interesting that in a thread about SF refunding property tax, I don't see anyone who really believes that they will.
    It makes the thread kind of pointless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

So Sinn Fein have caught up with Jack Lynch and 1977, great

• Advertisement

Its interesting that in a thread about SF refunding property tax, I don't see anyone who really believes that they will.
    It makes the thread kind of pointless really.

After what Enda and Eamonn promised to get into power, nobody tends to believe any political party any more.

Besides, might not cost sf to much to refund.

We'll wait and see what he compliance rate is.

Besides, might not cost sf to much to refund.
    Do you think that they will refund it? i.e. will it be a red line issue for them in any coalition talks?
    We'll wait and see what he compliance rate is.
    Taking the HHC compliance rate as a baseline and looking at the powers Revenue have, I think its pretty certain that the compliance rate will be high.

I don't see anyone who really believes that they will.
    do you see me now

Do you think that they will refund it? i.e. will it be a red line issue for them in any coalition talks?

Refund it? Doubtful
    Probably more likely to offer an abolition of it and fines attached, though i fully expect FF to post something very similar.
    Taking the HHC compliance rate as a baseline and looking at the powers Revenue have, I think its pretty certain that the compliance rate will be high.

The HHC was barely over a 50% compliant rate, despite what the govt wish us to believe. Bare in mind, that charge was €100, but now that is 3-4 times that, we might see 3-4 times the non compliance rate.

Oh btw, people keep mentioning revenue like they're the bogeyman or something?

Revenue have enough in their plates with tax evasion in this country. (real tax evaders)

do you see me now
    At last, we get an answer out of you. You evaded the question first time around.

I suppose its not surprising that a few people will fall for the shallow populism.

The HHC was barely over a 50% compliant rate, despite what the govt wish us to believe.
    The official figures are far higher than that, an off course, outstanding HHC is automatically promoted to LPT, so eventually compliance will be much higher.

Bare in mind, that charge was €100, but now that is 3-4 times that, we might see 3-4 times the non compliance rate.
    That math isn't even possible!!
    Revenue have enough in their plates with tax evasion in this country. (real tax evaders)
    Revenue are very clear that they are treating LPT evaders like any other tax evaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Some peoples posts on here about revenue powers etc-revenue can only do what they are instucted to do-after what happened to labour last week in meath-I bet in private meetings many within labour are probaly having second thoughts about following through with giving revenue intructions to go after peoples bank accounts and wages- I know someone might say helen mcentee was elected- she was elected on a sympathy vote more then anything else and more then 60+ % of people never bother voting last week.

Am Chile wrote: »
    Some peoples posts on here about revenue powers etc-revenue can only do what they are instucted to do-after what happened to labour last week in meath-I bet in private meetings many within labour are probaly having second thoughts about following through with giving revenue intructions to go after peoples bank accounts and wages- I know someone might say helen mcentee was elected- she was elected on a sympathy vote more then anything else and more then 60+ % of people never bother voting last week.
    Revenue are an Office, not a Department and out of direct Government control.
    They'll collect the LPT without interference.

You evaded the question first time around.

no I went and did real world stuff away from my computer

• Advertisement

no I went and did real world stuff away from my computer
    If you think SF are going to refund property tax, the real world must be a welcome distraction for you.

Advertisement