Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF to refund property tax

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭ronjo

the difference being that the property tax in other country's pays for bins to be emptied and other services to be provided...what do we get for our property tax?

Do you have a citation for this as in the country I live in Central Europe, I pay both property tax and for my bins to be collected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

ronjo wrote: »
    Do you have a citation for this as in the country I live in Central Europe, I pay both property tax and for my bins to be collected?

It differs from country to country.

Chop Chop wrote: »
    It differs from country to country.

Fair enough but that's a pretty vague answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

How much are you paying in universal social charge wherever you are?

What's the tax rates on smokes and booze?

Did you pay stamp duty/?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Chop Chop wrote: »
    I wish this was true. Pity they will see out their term, who in their right mind would give up such a cushy number?:confused:

Pensions for life kicked in from March.

That'll see them through I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Chop Chop

Fair enough but that's a pretty vague answer.

It is in fairness, I think the poster is referring to some parts (or maybe all) of the UK, where the council tax (Property tax) is also paying for bin collections, and estate management, grass cutting etc....

SamHall wrote: »
    How much are you paying in universal social charge wherever you are?

What's the tax rates on smokes and booze?

Did you pay stamp duty/?

1. Doesn't exist
    2. No idea but I am sure less
    3. No

I don't know why I answered as those questions are as relevant as the fact that I am wearing blue socks are to my question.
    What's the point of Having a discussion if you can't keep it on topic?
    Yes, some taxes are too high. Yes, the government lied on many things but all that is totally totally irrelevant to my particular question.

Advertisement