Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

This thread better not disappoint. You've got everyone's attention, so if there's anything less than gold bullion in there, then I reckon we should form an angry mob mod.

There i fixed that for you

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭username2013

sfwcork wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "i have money for a new house" thread

bit of a snide post, this is one of the more interesting threads that's been on boards recently....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

bit of a snide post, this is one of the more interesting threads that's been on boards recently....

Typical After Hours response tbh. If you like you can look up certain users history of posts and see what they are about. Some people think they are comedians alright, and judging by the amount of thanks they get can you blame them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Prehaps i shouldn't have started this thread, but i have.

I just want all you to know that i am dedicated to opening the safe, but i just don't know when. I also promise to disclose the safe contents with everyone here, and even post pictures if necessary. However i do want you all to understand that this could be a timely process, so bare with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Son0vagun wrote: »

I just want all you to know that i am dedicated to opening the safe, but i just don't know when. I also promise to disclose the safe contents with everyone here, and even post pictures if necessary. However i do want you all to understand that this could be a timely process, so bare with me!
    Hey! I didn't get into this to get me bits cold.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭username2013

Son0vagun wrote: »

What are ya on about man? This is good stuff!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I bet there's another safe inside and the original owner had planned this all along...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

It'll be like one of those russian dolls ....inside the safe will be another one and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

forget about pics... a live stream of you opening the safe when you eventually do is what's required at this stage!

with pics, whats to stop you replacing the contents with something cool, or in the event that it's valuable, something not so cool to throw us off...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

this is one of the more interesting threads that's been on boards recently....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

oh how we laughed................. the making of the thread,all those opinions typed,locksmiths we paid,experts called in,diggers hired and there was SWEET **** ALL in the safe.

ah yes the laughing we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Noxin wrote: »
    I bet there's another safe inside and the original owner had planned this all along...

Would be a pretty funny posthumous prank alright. If you knew you were going to die like. Throw away the key of the safe and put something really stupid inside it... Like a spare key maybe. And an offensive note.

I bet its empty btw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

I cant function anymore, the wife said a was sweating last night shouting "open it", cant go to work today, couldn't even play with the kids. I have also stopped shaving and washing and am not getting dressed today. I need this op, I fuking need this!!! Can you drill a hole and take a photo? I just need somthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

alb wrote: »
    in before the unlock.

arghh if this was the 2nd comment on the thread you would have got post of the day, well played :D

Thats it!!!!!! Eureka just get a large metal drill bit and keep the drill in a low gear/slow speed and use a cutting oil to keep it cool. Drill a few big holes!!!!

gallag wrote: »
    Thats it!!!!!! Eureka just get a large metal drill bit and keep the drill in a low gear/slow speed and use a cutting oil to keep it cool. Drill a few big holes!!!!
    Or just drill one 10mm hole and borrow a boroscope. Take pictures or video inside the locked safe.

Gosub wrote: »
    Or just drill one 10mm hole and borrow a boroscope. Take pictures or video inside the locked safe.
    YES!!! Am gonna watch oceans 11 12 and 13 for inspiration. Will get back with any good ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    eHow. I think you can skip the table part.
    If it doesn't work, resort to coke and mentos like previsouly suggested.

I would like to suggest that if your safe can be opened with a paper clip, it is not a very good safe. A straightened paperclip is however just about up to the task of opening a packet of custard creams, should the little pull here tab let you down.
    Custard creams tend not to be stored in safes i've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭my user name

Can you get it x-rayed?

YES!!! Am gonna watch oceans 11 12 and 13 for inspiration. Will get back with any good ideas.
    A boroscope can be bought on ebay for about 20 yoyos. It's a common tool for locksmiths. A lot of mechanics use them to inspect the innards of an engine.

It's not like it's science fiction or anything.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Merch wrote: »
    I think thats mineral rights, like if you strike gold or oil

not a biscuit tin

No, I think it's literally everything. There was some change made to legislation in the 90's after someone made a massive archaeological find and didn't have to turn it over to the state or something like that. Don't quote me on specifics as I don't even know the non-specifics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Just do a macgyver credit card and chewing gum will blow it up : )

• Registered Users Posts: 28,901 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gosub wrote: »
    A boroscope can be bought on ebay for about 20 yoyos. It's a common tool for locksmiths. A lot of mechanics use them to inspect the innards of an engine.

It's not like it's science fiction or anything.:P

He's just looking for an excuse to go and watch DVDs for the afternoon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Can you get it x-rayed?

I think this is the obvious solution. A large, mobile, safe penetrating X ray generator and imager is bound to be cheaper than that locksmith :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Op can you check if the previous owner was called Schroedinger - cause if he was I have a pretty good idea what may be in the safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

ArtyM wrote: »
    Op can you check if the previous owner was called Schroedinger - cause if he was I have a pretty good idea what may be in the safe.

...And that would be????

Either a dead cat... or a cat that died. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

or a cat that may be dead but we won't know until the safe has been opened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I hope it's a big dirty dump in the safe. The OP would be disappointed, but sure I'd get a laugh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Mods, lock this thread before the OP can post what is in the safe. Go on...be a bastard!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement