Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I doubt it's from the 60/70s cos the sheds are about 10/15 years old.

I'll be picking up some tools later. I'll let you all know how I get on.

The key hole has a centre pin with two slots. So I'm guessing the lid has has two bolts that lock it in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

sfwcork wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "i have money for a new house" thread

no

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

hedzball wrote: »
    the 6 inches of concrete floor and mortar possible underlying services and foundation are laughing at you..
    Sledgehammer around the safe to the point where it's loose enough to pull up. It'll take time and effort, but hey, what else will the OP do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I would say, it's worth contacting one of the lads from 2600 or TOG that have solid experience with lock-picking. Might be able to save yourself a lot of hassle. I've only some basic experience with it, but some of them are very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Will be checking back from the office desk regularly today OP, you better get it open!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

Did you check if it's actually locked? Perhaps the previous owner died before he had a chance to lock it.

I won't be getting it opened today. One lad Juice1304 dropped me a PM and said he might be able to pick it. But I can't seem to reply to his PM.

So for him here's a pic I'd the key way.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1417/imageclir.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

I've seen these type of safes over the years in bookies that I've worked in.

It shouldn't be difficult for a professional and he may be able to leave it in working order.

He won't ask any question. It's on your property. You just lost the keys.

How can you not afford €200-€300 to get it opened professionally it you've got the money to buy the house ?

Is there more to this story ?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Apon clearing out my shed in my newly purchased house/property I found a safe. It's a floor safe and incased in concrete. It's opened by a key, which I do not have. Written on the safe door is the details of the locksmith who installed it. The previous owner is deceased, so I don't know who else knows about it.

So I want to open it. But I can't decide what to do.

Easy option is to ring the locksmith and have him open it. But what about the contents of the safe? I doubt there's anything valuable in it, but there could be. The locksmith might notify the previous owners family. Or am I now the legal owner of whatever the safe contains?

I could hire a criminal to open it, but he'd want his share and probably murder me if it contained anything substantial.

Or inorder to have complete secrecy I could dig the it out, it would be a hard job. Chisel and hammer, it would take ages. And then use a angle grinder to open It, but the sparks might burn whatever is contained.

So what would you do? Any advice?

Unfortunately, me thinks you would have to contact the lawyer of the deceased, because it is their estate, I wouldn't try opening it, it may still be against the law

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

nucker wrote: »
    Unfortunately, me thinks you would have to contact the lawyer of the deceased, because it is their estate, I wouldn't try opening it, it may still be against the law

Oh go away buzzkill. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

nucker wrote: »

The safe is part of the house therefore the OPs property as he bought it, however documents etc inside will obviously have to be returned but anything else is fair game id say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't want you to get excited OP - it could be just coincidence - but I'm 100% sure that's the same model safe that Blackbeard used to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

fangee wrote: »

How can you not afford €200-€300 to get it opened professionally it you've got the money to buy the house ?

?

Im sure he has a spare £250 lying around somewhere alright.

It's a lot of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thud

the_syco wrote: »
    Floor safes usually have great protection on the top, but not so great protection at the sides. Just saying.

so you're saying he should sneak into the neighbours basement and dig a tunnel?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hope its like the end of Raiders Of The Lost Ark when the Nazis open the ark and rakes of ghosts fly out and melt their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

OP you might get some help HERE

coughBogMonkeycough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I bet there's a dead baby inside :eek:

This thread better not disappoint. You've got everyone's attention, so if there's anything less than gold bullion in there, then I reckon we should form an angry mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭RebelRed90

Drive your car into it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Dunno how you could sleep last night OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hire a criminal haha
    That part was funny
    Op if you don't know how to open a safe or in general use your head then best to stay away from that safe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

in before the unlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

The keyway looks like the type of lock that would be an easy pick, for someone with a little experience and the right type of picks.

I reckon it's empty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

What you need to do is auction the safe on here. It's like a game of Deal or No Deal!! I offer you 10euro

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Gymsey wrote: »
    What you need to do is auction the safe on here. It's like a game of Deal or No Deal!! I offer you 10euro

15 euro bid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Gymsey wrote: »

*ring ring* *ring ring*

The banker is on the phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

Pudders wrote: »
    15 euro bid!

16 euro bid!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Have you actually looked places for the key op? Could be hidden on the house somewhere or you might come across it randomly, we found loads of random keys this year and only half of them fit the doors.
    I'm off to dig up the back garden now :P

• Advertisement

Have you actually looked places for the key op? Could be hidden on the house somewhere or you might come across it randomly, we found loads of random keys this year and only half of them fit the doors.
    I'm off to dig up the back garden now :P

Looked in loads of places. I've found three keys hidden around the house but all are door keys and none opened the safe.

I'm waiting to hear from Juice1304 to hear what he has to say. His YouTube videos are good, he might be able to help me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement