Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a Safe.

Options
1697071727375»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Epic thread all the same, Thanks for the week long entertainment man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

This thread has thought us we all need a bit of a life:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Mah cans! Mah precious antique cans!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

gallag wrote: »
    I will convert to Catholicism, I need a mass.

I could do with a good Mass myself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dublingirl83

Just woke up (work nights) to find the safe open!!! Delayed opening the link to the photo because knew the suspense would then be over. wTF - jars!!
    Been stalking the thread all week, getting my fix every night. Op you are a legend, well done on all your hard work.
    Disappointed there wasn't more in it for you.

*pats you on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

And the man who put that safe there is reading this thread now and p1ssing himself laughing..

Quick OP, put it back where you found it, sell the house and sit back and watch

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

Sure aren´t we all fond of a few jars

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Also why the need for 2 safes just for some cash in a jar? Would the locked metal money box not have been enough on it's own, or could the jars full of money not have been placed into the safe on their own instead of into a money box first? I mean obviously anybody who could get into the safe wouldn't have much bother getting the little money box open, so I'd like to know why the need for both boxes at all?! :)
    A jar, inside a money box, inside a safe.......

A riddle, inside a mystery, wrapped in an enigma........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

coolhull wrote: »
    A jar, inside a money box, inside a safe.......

A riddle, inside a mystery, wrapped in an enigma........

Wrapped in concrete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The safe was a bit of a mcguffin in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Somebody had muffins? And they didn't share?

Worst news I've had all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Maybe he owned a shop r summit n he kept the takens in it, n the jars were to stop the money getting damp n the money safe is just for easy transport ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

I had to post before this thread was locked....

I was lucky enough to find this thread last Monday and I've been following it ever since. It really has been epic, and fair play to the OP (and his other half) for all the entertainment, and hard work!

Funniest posts for me were the 'Hopefully there's a dictionary in it' and the Paddy Power Odds link! :)

Most informative post: you can change the settings to 40 posts per page! Who knew (I didn't!) :)

And after 1 week and 56 pages, and lots of drama (some of which we're not allowed to talk about) it's just been emotional. Delighted to see this thread in the Epic Threads list, it's well earned!

Thanks OP, have a relaxing evening now...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

VEN wrote: »
    This Safe is empty.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

what page/post are the pics???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Well it's been a blast.
    All that work for some 'empty';) jars.

ps will ya give me a spin in your new merc sometime op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Its not over till the fat jars sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Was catching up on the last few hrs of nail biting excitement of this thread on a long car journey earlier today. Felt carsick reading it but had to keep going. Got to the photo of the safe in the safe and realised my phone battery was at 3%...then I lost 3G signal...disaster!!

Managed to get my husbands phone off him (reluctantly!) while trying to explain to him the urgency of the situation....opened the final picture and
    "WHAT....F@CKIN JAM JARS!!!"

Gave us a great laugh all the way home.

Cheers OP and team safe, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I'd like this thread to be locked now. Not because I don't want people to post, feel free to creative a after the lock thread, it's just it would be a fitting ending.

I honestly think Boards.ie have a best seller on their hands. It reads like a thriller. It has everything. A hero, a sidekick, romance, a villain and a unexpected ending.

Edit it(with deleted posts included)
    Include my pix and others.
    And publish it with all proceeds to go to charity. And I firmly believe it will sell.

And make the prison thread a bonus chapter.

That is what I what to come from this.

Thanks again everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Starring trent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

Fu*k this I'm off out for a pint,or as some of you might say,I'm out for a jar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I'd like this thread to be locked now. Not because I don't want people to post, feel free to creative a after the lock thread, it's just it would be a fitting ending.

I honestly think Boards.ie have a best seller on their hands. It reads like a thriller. It has everything. A hero, a sidekick, romance, a villain and a unexpected ending.

Edit it(with deleted posts included)
    Include my pix and others.
    And publish it with all proceeds to go to charity. And I firmly believe it will sell.

And make the prison thread a bonus chapter.

That is what I what to come from this.

Thanks again everyone.

Fair play OP, I followed it all weekend and am only catching up on the opening of the safe now... gutted for you, but one of the best threads ever!

Has it featured on The Journal yet? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Like the safe was, this thread is now locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement