Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Hip-Hop/Off-Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I was the drunkest I've possibly ever been. Couldn't walk by the time I got home and fell asleep on my bathroom floor and when I woke up, didn't know where I was. I remember seeing a lot, a lot of people, but don't remember any conversations I had with any of them and also remember being a bit bold before being dragged out of the pub. The craic was had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    End Of Watch is a great flick. Although people where complaining that it's supposed to be shot from their cameras, on board cameras and the crooks cameras, and then at random points in the movie it switches to another 3rd person camera. Didn't bother me at all.

It didn't even dawn on me until about half through that that was happening, it's no big deal imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not listened to much non hip hop stuff, this year, but finally got around listening to some Burial stuff, probably the highlight for me.
    This is great

What non hip hop stuff rocked your world lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

St Stephens night was a mess, my bird was outta town so i spend it with the boys, before i knew it i was on a harbour 2 miles away from my house with a bottle of vodka, 20 silk cut (i dont even smoke) and 2 completely random people. Woke up and there was about a hundred quid in my pocket covered in curry sauce, i dont even know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    St Stephens night was a mess, my bird was outta town so i spend it with the boys, before i knew it i was on a harbour 2 miles away from my house with a bottle of vodka, 20 silk cut (i dont even smoke) and 2 completely random people. Woke up and there was about a hundred quid in my pocket covered in curry sauce, i dont even know.

^ that's fúckin gangster :cool:

• Advertisement

St Stephen's night is always the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

564647_10151388131279047_533482239_n.jpg

Hope everyone had a good one last night! Had a great time myself. Happy new year to one and all!

Good riddance to 2012, worst year of my life. Lets make 2013 a good one!

Muhammad Ali is on his way out, his brother Rahman says he could be dead within hours and he doesn't recognise him anymore, he's a personal hero of mine I'll be sickened when he's gone. Truely is The Greatest

• Advertisement

Muhammad Ali is on his way out, his brother Rahman (any boxing fans here would know he's an ex middleweight champ) says he could be dead within hours and he doesn't recognise him anymore, he's a personal hero of mine I'll be sickened when he's gone. Truely is The Greatest

Wow. Sad to hear. A legit legend for many reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Muhammad Ali is on his way out, his brother Rahman says he could be dead within hours and he doesn't recognise him anymore, he's a personal hero of mine I'll be sickened when he's gone. Truely is The Greatest

The Chicago Sun-Times have an article up saying that he's alive and well. He watched the Super Bowl with his family at home. Please god they're telling the truth.

It's a strange thing for his brother to say about him.

http://www.suntimes.com/17995879-761/exclusive-muhammad-ali-alive-and-well-amid-reports-of-grave-illness.html

jpeg

Hope he's all good, fùcked up thing for his brother to say, pretty sure it was only Ali's birthday last week

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Check out the boards.ie love match http://www.boards.ie/love.php, my results are:

Jimmy Iovine 10
    conor.hogan.2 8
    P4DDY2K11 7
    mufcboy1999 6
    Andy_rse 4
    horsebox09 3
    Camac Hibs 3
    beano345 3
    PrettyBoy 2
    HATCHET IRL 2
    Rjd2 2

Happy Valentines Day Jimmy:D

Pretty much all of you were on mine. P4DDY2K11 was first though, so he gets to go first.

Hugh Cream is my valentine.

No seriously though, Conor, closely followed by mufcboy, but im taken boys so i'll leave you to it :p

My number one is Conor. Then mufcboy, P4DDY2K11K and Boom_Bap. The rest are a mixture of some posters on this forum and others on the Soccer forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

P4DDY2K11 , Jimmy Iovine, Boom_Bap, Andy_rse, horsebox09, PrettyBoy, Da Shins Kelly, Mr. Rager, pragmatic1, TweetMe!?!, HalloweenJack.

If you don't watch community, you should start. Donald Glover (childish gambino) is great in it and it starts back tomorrow.

If you don't watch community, you should start. Donald Glover (childish gambino) is great in it and it starts back tomorrow.

I keep intending to watch that show, but I'm so bad with actually committing to television programmes. I'm watching Workaholics and Six Feet Under at the moment, and it's just such a challenge to keep up. I keep forgetting to watch episodes.

I keep intending to watch that show, but I'm so bad with actually committing to television programmes. I'm watching Workaholics and Six Feet Under at the moment, and it's just such a challenge to keep up. I keep forgetting to watch episodes.

I know the feeling, I have a huge text file with things I want to watch.

I usually wait until they are finished, so I can watch whenever I want or all in a row.

• Advertisement

Anyone around here a fan of Boardwalk Empire?

Finally got around to finishing season 3 last night. The penultimate episode was bat-**** crazy. Amazing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Absolutely love it, Alison Brie is so hot too :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm a bit weary about the new Community, Dan Harmon is gone along with Chevy Chase. So 2 of the major good elements are gone. And I thought it dipped in form last season.

Workaholics is great, love that show.

Six Feet Under is also exceptionally good. Best ending in a TV series ever. And the journey along the way is excellent. In a year or 2 i'll go back and watch it all again.

@Jimmy - The ending of S3 of Boardwalk was nuts, Richard is a hero.

If you haven't noticed, as well as being fond of Hip Hop, I love TV and movies as well.

I'm currently going through all of How I Met Your Mother and really enjoying it, not sure why i've ignored it until now.

Only started watching the sopranos in december, best programme I've ever watched, the episode where Papparazzi by Xzibit starts playing over the credits got me stuck to it, love that song

@Jimmy - The ending of S3 of Boardwalk was nuts, Richard is a hero.

That he is. Stephen Graham is such an amazing actor. His portrayal of Al Capone is a joy to watch.

Also, on a somewhat hip hop related theme, Michael Shannon is absolutely fantastic. I despised him in 8 Mile. Despised him in a good way. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in the upcoming Superman film.
    I'm currently going through all of How I Met Your Mother and really enjoying it, not sure why i've ignored it until now.

I loved that back in the day. Barney is superb. It fell of after season 3/4 I think and I lost interest. Much like when Michael left in The US Office.
    Only started watching the sopranos in december, best programme I've ever watched, the episode where Papparazzi by Xzibit starts playing over the credits got me stuck to it, love that song

I remember hearing that for the first time in that episode and I nearly wet myself with the excitement. The rest of the series only gets better. Paulie is one of my favourite characters of all time. The scene where he's in the hotel in Sicily with Tony is priceless - "Commendatori! I like that. It demands respect."

The Sopranos is my all-time favourite show. Probably the only show where I would watch more than one episode in a row. I've watched it through about three times. It's so multi-layered, you see something new every time, and the acting is amazing. Tony Soprano is, for me, by far the best character I've ever seen on a television show. Christopher Moltisanti and Carmella are both brilliant too.

I forgot to mention Breaking Bad too! It's been so long since it was last on that I've almost completely forgotten about it! Really like that show too, although I don't think it's quite as good as The Sopranos.

A few of my friends love How I Met Your Mother, but I could never get into it. As far as sitcoms go, Curb Your Enthusiasm is hard to beat, for me.

I'm better for watching films than I am for television shows cos it's just one sitting. Watched The Master recently and thought it was amazing. Johnny Greenwood from Radiohead did the score.

I'm a bit weary about the new Community, Dan Harmon is gone along with Chevy Chase. So 2 of the major good elements are gone. And I thought it dipped in form last season.

Yeah I am a bit weary too but then again Troy and Abed (this show is so good it got me to watch 2 other shows mentioned in it (The Cape and Cougar Town)).

I love The Soprano's, and it was my favorite drama for a long time. But a few others have edged it like SOA, Six Feet Under and The Wire. I've been meaning to go back and re-watch it all again, my old lady has never seen it before so it'll be interesting to see her reaction.
    That he is. Stephen Graham is such an amazing actor. His portrayal of Al Capone is a joy to watch.
    One of the final scenes where he is side by side with Chalkey is excellent, the quiet 'nod' between them.

I cant say enough good things about Boardwalk Empire. I nearly didnt even watch it except that i had it on a hard drive and was stuck out in Sharjah in a hotel for a few days, and i'd watched everything else on the drive.

Breaking Bad is excellent, again that was another show i let slip by. I watched the first series in 1 day, and the old lady arrived in during the last episode and got interested.....we re-watched the first season again over the next few days.

I'm so pee'd off with Cougar Town now, it's just rehased stuff now. I was watching the most recent episode last night and I didnt find any laughs except for the stand-up comedy routine.

I cant say enough good things about Boardwalk Empire. I nearly didnt even watch it except that i had it on a hard drive and was stuck out in Sharjah in a hotel for a few days, and i'd watched everything else on the drive.

I started it when it came out. I've never kept up with it the whole way through the season though. I've always given up about 6 weeks in and then gone back to it later and watched them back to back.

I absolutely love the mafia. Seeing guys like Capone, Luciano and Meyer Lansky (and a young Bugsy Siegel) on camera like this is brilliant.
    Breaking Bad is excellent, again that was another show i let slip by. I watched the first series in 1 day, and the old lady arrived in during the last episode and got interested.....we re-watched the first season again over the next few days.

I remember about 2 years ago in college I tried watching the first episode of it. For some reason I gave up on it. Then last year I went and watched it again and was instantly hooked. The final few episodes are going to be incredible.

I don't know if any one here has an interest but The West Wing is superb. It took me five months to get through it and I was watching one and two episodes a night. It kind of lost it's way towards the end but the first few seasons were perfect television.

• Advertisement

On Stephen Graham, absolutely brilliant actor, first saw him in This is England, clearly outshined ever other actor, then i started following him through This is England 86 and 88, he only got better despite his small appearance in 88.

Advertisement