Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Does anyone know what four departments your br form gets sent to as part of the background check ?

I no the first one is the local station check, second is the vetting office in thurles and the third would be in Garda HQ,so where is the fourth ? I have been waiting on this fourth department for the last two years to return my form to hq so that I can get signed off by the commissioner. Every time I ring HQ they tell me there waiting on one last check from a department and that they will send a reminder, anyone have a similar experience ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

A.G.S wrote: »
    Does anyone know what four departments your br form gets sent to as part of the background check ?

I no the first one is the local station check, second is the vetting office in thurles and the third would be in Garda HQ,so where is the fourth ? I have been waiting on this fourth department for the last two years to return my form to hq so that I can get signed off by the commissioner. Every time I ring HQ they tell me there waiting on one last check from a department and that they will send a reminder, anyone have a similar experience ?

Not to sure, but I think a few of us should get onto our local TD's and make a suggestion that they put a timeline on completing applications it's madness to have someone waiting two years on an application, 12 months is perfectly reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

msg11 wrote: »
    Not to sure, but I think a few of us should get onto our local TD's and make a suggestion that they put a timeline on completing applications it's madness to have someone waiting two years on an application, 12 months is perfectly reasonable.

I know its very disheartening waiting especially when your offering your services for free ! would love to suggest it to them but what are they chances it would happen ? good suggestion tho

I know its very disheartening waiting especially when your offering your services for free ! would love to suggest it to them but what are they chances it would happen ? good suggestion tho

I think they would take it on board and try have a turn around within a year in most cases. In fact I doubt the government even realize it takes so long for an application to get processed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

In my case my BR form was in the local station for 6 months! From there, as I have been told it was sent to HQ Reserve Section Dublin. Got a call from local Sergeant saying he was approving my application and that the Super would be calling to see me. Time frame so far, from sending in original application must be running over a year now. :eek: If I make it I could be looking at a 2 year, in total, application process! If I'm lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

DustyMan wrote: »
    In my case my BR form was in the local station for 6 months! From there, as I have been told it was sent to HQ Reserve Section Dublin. Got a call from local Sergeant saying he was approving my application and that the Super would be calling to see me. Time frame so far, from sending in original application must be running over a year now. :eek: If I make it I could be looking at a 2 year, in total, application process! If I'm lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took me two years to get started. Its a long painful wait.:/ Once you get the medical though things start picking up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If I make it I could be looking at a 2 year, in total, application process! If I'm lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine took 2 years from start to finish, its nothing unusual

Am not saying it's unusual. Just frustrating that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Will be submitting my BR to my local station on Monday...The local Guard will send it away the same day as he has already sat down and checked the form for me, I'm just waiting on me second reference!

So will i be looking at the 2 year wait :confused: Heard of six months from application to College? Is that possible?

Will be submitting my BR to my local station on Monday...The local Guard will send it away the same day as he has already sat down and checked the form for me, I'm just waiting on me second reference!

So will i be looking at the 2 year wait :confused: Heard of six months from application to College? Is that possible?

Application lengths vary from person to person unfortunately..

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Application lengths vary from person to person unfortunately..

Ah well....all I can do is sit tight :D

Meeting with the District Superintendent next week. Wish me luck!! :)

Meeting with the District Superintendent next week. Wish me luck!! :)

Best of luck..keep us informed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Snowman2012

Hi, handed in my BR form into my gara station yesterday said they would post it off Monday . Just one thing , I have no contact with my father only know his name through the birth cert so I just put his name Down, would this be a problem ? Hopefully won't be waiting too long to hear for a medical.

Best of luck..keep us informed :D

Superintendent couldn't attend my 'face to face' so I met with an Inspector at the local station. An absolute Gent. He spoke with me and reviewed my file, he said that it was in my file that I was an 'excellent candidate'! He approved my application there and then. So happy days!! My biggest fear is the medical but fingers crossed. Be a while yet I fear!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 EimearM1

Hey , anyone no who to contact to find out how far along you are in the BR checks?

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Hi there,

pm sent with the number.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Hi there could you pm me the number aswell please :)

Give the Reserve Office in The Garda HQ a call;

01 666 2571

Rang HQ today told me they received my receipt from my local station but I'm waiting on my super interview still but had my interview with my sergeant , they told me it will take about 6 months at least and to ring back then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

I had my meeting with the local inspector yesterday, all went well and approved my application. Roughly how long until medical does anyone know??

Training dates for 2013 :

Class 2 - 14th March 2013
    Class 3 - 6th June 2013
    Class 4 - 5th September 2013
    Class 5 - 17th October 2013

• Advertisement

rookie1470 wrote: »
    I had my meeting with the local inspector yesterday, all went well and approved my application. Roughly how long until medical does anyone know??

Training dates for 2013 :

Class 2 - 14th March 2013
    Class 3 - 6th June 2013
    Class 4 - 5th September 2013
    Class 5 - 17th October 2013

Great :cool: BR form went in before Xmas so Fingers crossed all goes well....Id say it will be June if I pass all stages!!

Sick feeling in a good way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Snowman2012

Hi, rang the office up last week myself they said it would take up to 6 months . So just waiting on a date for my medical , hopefully won't be too long just want to get started. I hope I hear something before 6 months 😔

Excuse my ignorance but.....Can you have the medical during the time the BR checks are being done or does the medical only take place after the BR checks are completed and one has got security clearance? I thought this would be the mode of procedure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

Excuse my ignorance but.....Can you have the medical during the time the BR checks are being done or does the medical only take place after the BR checks are completed and one has got security clearance? I thought this would be the mode of procedure?

After the BR checks are cleared

As I thought....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Good news :)

I did the interview and report writing recently and i got news that I Passed :):)

Now the dreaded BR form!!

Waiting room bound so!

Any advice for that?:D:D:D:D

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Good news :)

I did the interview and report writing recently and i got news that I Passed :):)

Now the dreaded BR form!!

Waiting room bound so!

Any advice for that?:D:D:D:D

Contracts :-)

Just triple check before its stamped and sent

Then wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Contracts :-)

Just triple check before its stamped and sent

Then wait :(

Thanks for your reply Kwacker,

are you a serving reserve yourself? :D