Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

rookie1470 wrote: »
    I had my meeting with the local inspector yesterday, all went well and approved my application. Roughly how long until medical does anyone know??

Training dates for 2013 :

Class 2 - 14th March 2013
    Class 3 - 6th June 2013
    Class 4 - 5th September 2013
    Class 5 - 17th October 2013

Hey lads, I applied for the garda reserves there last week and got a email saying it was recieved, can anyone outline the process for me there..will i be waiting for an interview ya? I'm heading away for the summer, could I still get the training done before that or am I being very unrealistic? And are those dates above dates for all garda reserve training? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Hey lads, I applied for the garda reserves there last week and got a email saying it was recieved, can anyone outline the process for me there..will i be waiting for an interview ya? I'm heading away for the summer, could I still get the training done before that or am I being very unrealistic? And are those dates above dates for all garda reserve training? :)

The reserve recruitment process is outlined HERE. The next step for you is to get a date for interview with the PAS. Feel free to ring them and find out the expected dates of upcoming interviews in your area.

Considering the summer is about 6 weeks away, there's no way you'll have the training done by then!! If you're lucky you'll start training in summer 2014 as it is a long recruitment process and for most people takes between 12 and 24 months. Also, the last time I was on the phone to the GR Office, I was told that recruitment into the reserve would soon slow down (perhaps even stop) as they have almost reached their target of one reserve member for every 10 full time members of An Garda Siochana. After that target is reached it is likely that they will only have maybe one or two small intakes a year to replace current reservists who leave.

The dates you quoted above are the start dates for different intakes of trainees for phase I. The training from Phase I to attestation into the organisation at phase V is spread over about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jammydodger123

Thanks! :) The whole thing would break your heart, may aswel wait until they start recruiting again, if they ever do! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi lads,

Just with regards the BR form,

Do I need to include every uncle and auntie I have??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Yes, all your parents' siblings regardless of whether or not they're still alive or what country they're living in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 DubDan

My application was made in 2009 still waiting to here about my medical. A number of reason behind my delay family abroad the original person who was looking after my file has been promoted his report wasn't as detailed as they would like and he has way more important stuff to deal with so my file is sitting on his desk for the time been. So much has changes since I first applied but I still would really like to get in to the reserve here's hoping its sorted by the end of this year at least :-).

Lol i meant congrats sorry :-/

I wish.... I'm still waiting on my br to be checked :-(

Thanks mate.. some dose.. have you sent it in with months ya?

Will i arrange the meeting with the super myself or wats the craic?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Thanks mate.. some dose.. have you sent it in with months ya?

Will i arrange the meeting with the super myself or wats the craic?:confused:

I sent mine in on the 26th of December 2012. How long it stayed in my local station is anyone's guess.

Nope you will receive a letter in time

Ah rite very good.

waiting game so..

What have you been doing with yourself in the meantime?

:D

Ah rite very good.

waiting game so..

What have you been doing with yourself in the meantime?

:D

I was in Security but I am not sure if I can continue working in security while i am in the recruitment process??

Currently a manager in a friends business so im keeping busy at least

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

I was in Security but I am not sure if I can continue working in security while i am in the recruitment process??

Currently a manager in a friends business so im keeping busy at least
    So technically youve given up a job for this? I was in security too ... cant do it now. Waiting for the BR form to be completed varies from person to person its normally the longest wait though

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    So technically youve given up a job for this? I was in security too ... cant do it now. Waiting for the BR form to be completed varies from person to person its normally the longest wait though

I did indeed give up my job for the reserve. I had a job to go into but not one that I particularly liked but money is money.

BR wait is the worst part. Can't do anything really until you hear from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

I did indeed give up my job for the reserve. I had a job to go into but not one that I particularly liked but money is money.

BR wait is the worst part. Can't do anything really until you hear from them.

I did the same. Personally i think all reserves and future reserves are a little crazy that way.lol

It is the worse bit of the process but look keep on top of it itl happen when you least expect it. Its worth the wait thats all i can say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

You do not need to give up the license till you start your training.

msg11 wrote: »

The big 'Until I start Training' lol

Thanks for that

The big 'Until I start Training' lol

Thanks for that

i m going into the station today with the forms...

any advice ?:pac:

i m going into the station today with the forms...

any advice ?:pac:

Smile and look innocent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

msg11 wrote: »

This came up a few times while I was training. You do not have to give up your licence until you graduate from training. This was the official line passed down to us.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

This came up a few times while I was training. You do not have to give up your licence until you graduate from training. This was the official line passed down to us.

Best of luck.

To be honest, my advise on it. Do not go out to a station while still having a licence !

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Hi guys,
    My BR checks started processing in November 2011 I done my Sergeants and Supers and got it all signed off. It's now reaching a year and half nearly two years and I am still waiting. I have had a few guards that have put a written reference in with my application to show all the community work I do and help I provide. It is taking time but I am hoping that I may hear something soon. I rang HQ to see and they said that they sent of a reminder of to security checks to see what the story was still nothing back. Wish it would hurry. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

smiley963 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    My BR checks started processing in November 2011 I done my Sergeants and Supers and got it all signed off. It's now reaching a year and half nearly two years and I am still waiting. I have had a few guards that have put a written reference in with my application to show all the community work I do and help I provide. It is taking time but I am hoping that I may hear something soon. I rang HQ to see and they said that they sent of a reminder of to security checks to see what the story was still nothing back. Wish it would hurry. :-)

I sent in my BR form about 3 moths ago, I do send an email to HQ every now and again to see if there is any word back yet, Jesus didn't realise it could take a year or two to complete!!!! With all the retirements in the job these days god knows how long it will take or where your file could be put and dust accumulating on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Ah most definite it all depends on your personal background some people fly the process and some people just take ages and even after the two years some people still may not get in which is very tough going. They wouldn't get in because of there family history's which is a joke.

smiley963 wrote: »
    Ah most definite it all depends on your personal background some people fly the process and some people just take ages and even after the two years some people still may not get in which is very tough going. They wouldn't get in because of there family history's which is a joke.

I already have had background checks done on myself for security licence, so it's just the other side I have to wait on. My wife's family consists of just one brother who unfortunately lives in uk so that's a delay straight away. Her mam fell out with her inlaws a long time ago so my wife never kept in contact with that side of the family so fingers crossed they have no shady pasts!! Ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

I left in my br form last week, I'm just wondering how can I know if the station sent it off or when should I be getting my interview with the Sargent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

want2b wrote: »
    I left in my br form last week, I'm just wondering how can I know if the station sent it off or when should I be getting my interview with the Sargent?

Ring reserve office In HQ to check they got it.

Sergeant will get in touch with you, but give him some time and if you hear nothing in a 4-6 weeks make contact then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

rookie1470 wrote: »
    I sent in my BR form about 3 moths ago, I do send an email to HQ every now and again to see if there is any word back yet, Jesus didn't realise it could take a year or two to complete!!!! With all the retirements in the job these days god knows how long it will take or where your file could be put and dust accumulating on it!!

What's the email address to HQ? I must email them myself for an update. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jamangi001

I don't have a conviction but had to pay money to the court poor box in lieu of one for some minor offence. Does anyone know if this would this come against me in applying to the garda reserve?

DustyMan wrote: »
    What's the email address to HQ? I must email them myself for an update. Thanks in advance.

Here is the phone number & email Phone No: 01 6661690
    Email: gardareserve@Garda.ie no harm in giving them a bell or email to see what the latest is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Jamangi001 wrote: »
    I don't have a conviction but had to pay money to the court poor box in lieu of one for some minor offence. Does anyone know if this would this come against me in applying to the garda reserve?

I'm sure i'll come up in an interview? I suppose just be honest about it. Maybe someone here could offer better advice than I can

• Advertisement

My BR form has been sent to the curragh to the 'Security Department' due to me living in Australia...even thought I was 14-16 at the time :confused:

Long wait for me :eek:

Advertisement