Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Lads I am having trouble trying to find out the address of one of my uncles. Should I just put down the house he grew up in ?

I got his Date of birth and that, but I can't get threw to him to find out his address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

msg11 wrote: »
    Lads I am having trouble trying to find out the address of one of my uncles. Should I just put down the house he grew up in ?

I got his Date of birth and that, but I can't get threw to him to find out his address ?

Yeah I remember having the same bother myself with one of my uncles and I just left his address blank. I included what information that I had and knew to be correct and nothing else then.

It's some headache, this BR form isn't it? :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Yeah I remember having the same bother myself with one of my uncles and I just left his address blank. I included what information that I had and knew to be correct and nothing else then.

It's some headache, this BR form isn't it? :)

Ah my family is not that extended so wasn't that bad. Just this one uncle finding it hard to get his address. My mother has given an address it's up North and dose not go into street level.

I think I might just put that in or would I be better using the default address of his place of birth address.

Considering he lives up North and I am not too sure of the address I don't want a cock up and another delay. PAS forgot to send me out the letter to tell me to fill out the BR form and didn't tell HQ so I am catching up on lost time as it is !

Did you have a problem leaving it blank ?

Cheers.

Have everything else in order have my references and am ready to print this off and drop it down tonight !

Ah my family is not that extended so wasn't that bad. Just this one uncle finding it hard to get his address. My mother has given an address it's up North and dose not go into street level.

I think I might just put that in or would I be better using the default address of his place of birth address.

Considering he lives up North and I am not too sure of the address I don't want a cock up and another delay. PAS forgot to send me out the letter to tell me to fill out the BR form and didn't tell HQ so I am catching up on lost time as it is !

Did you have a problem leaving it blank ?

Cheers.

Have everything else in order have my references and am ready to print this off and drop it down tonight !

Ah I see, lucky you not having a family that extended. No I had no bother what-so-ever leaving that blank. I had everything else for the uncle and honestly just could NOT track the address down. It would be better to leave it blank if unsure and just include his DOB that you would know for certain.

Ah I see, lucky you not having a family that extended. No I had no bother what-so-ever leaving that blank. I had everything else for the uncle and honestly just could NOT track the address down. It would be better to leave it blank if unsure and just include his DOB that you would know for certain.

Cheers. I think I might just leave it blank, but in saying that he dose drive a taxi down in Dublin and stays in the Grannys house ?

• Advertisement

Cheers. I think I might just leave it blank, but in saying that he dose drive a taxi down in Dublin and stays in the Grannys house ?

What I would do if I were in that situation right now, print off your form as you have it complete now with his address blank.
    Bring on a page what you think is his address, both at home in the North and when he stays with 'granny' in Dublin.
    Ask the Sergeant-on-duty tonight when you go in with your form and they will tell you straight out what they think the best option would be for you when it comes to his address. I would follow what they say then.

Well done on getting this far. :)

What I would do if I were in that situation right now, print off your form as you have it complete now with his address blank.
    Bring on a page what you think is his address, both at home in the North and when he stays with 'granny' in Dublin.
    Ask the Sergeant-on-duty tonight when you go in with your form and they will tell you straight out what they think the best option would be for you when it comes to his address. I would follow what they say then.

Well done on getting this far. :)

Thinking about it now, I might just leave it blank. Because I am not enirely sure of his address up North and I am not sure if I will ever get a reply from him as the Granny ain't too keen on me joining if you get me.

Well sent the form out just there, my mother rang with the correct address. Garda now the station was a gent.

So form handed in, let the long wait commence.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 carlbre

glad to see i'm not the only one waiting for the br check to complete, handed mine to the local station in feb and havent heard a thing since, i thought it would only take about 3 months so i've rung a few times, i've now been told to contact my local sergeant to see what stage its at. i'm a bit wary as i know a few reserves who had to send in the form more than once as it got lost in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

I have completed my Interview and passed the written test. I handed my BR forms in about 10 weeks ago, i am wondering how long roughly it takes for BR checks to complete does anyone know of anybody gettin into the reserves quicker than a year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I submitted my BR form in 2009' who can I phone to check up on it?

funkyflea wrote: »
    I submitted my BR form in 2009' who can I phone to check up on it?

hey hey! I thought it was Jan2010 you submitted your BRform but anyways that's a loooooong time. When you hadn't posted in here, I just took it that you had progressed along and forgotten about us here on boards :eek:

When last did you contact HQ?

hey hey! I thought it was Jan2010 you submitted your BRform but anyways that's a loooooong time. When you hadn't posted in here, I just took it that you had progressed along and forgotten about us here on boards :eek:

When last did you contact HQ?

Hi Kery, you're right actually, I did the exam nd interview in 2009 (applied in 2008) and handed in the BR just after christmas in Jan 2010.

I emailed them a few times, pretty sure I called and was told to be patient. Emailed again yesterday.

The thing is, I've met two others who did the exam with me and they're already after hving their medical and interview with the local station! This was a year ago so they could well be further on by now. Its frustrating..

Got an email back today:
    Thank you for your email. The delay in your application is due to background checks outstanding.

At the time of filling in the form I included all of my girlfriends family (who there are many, many of). Wish I hadn't now, I don't know any of them really and they're probably slowing down the whole thing.

Well sent the form out just there, my mother rang with the correct address. Garda now the station was a gent.

So form handed in, let the long wait commence.

:)

Well two months on.. Would it be a good idea to fire off a quick e-mail to make sure they got everything etc...

Well two months on.. Would it be a good idea to fire off a quick e-mail to make sure they got everything etc...

First-off I would recommend you contact your local station to ensure all was sent off from there. You'd be surprised at how many people think it's up in the hands of somebody in HQ when it might actually still be closer to home ;)

I would hold-off on contacting HQ for now, only waiting 2months. I'm sure you'll only hear "we're waiting on some checks to return", you should wait just a short time more before you start hearing those words.

First-off I would recommend you contact your local station to ensure all was sent off from there. You'd be surprised at how many people think it's up in the hands of somebody in HQ when it might actually still be closer to home ;)

I would hold-off on contacting HQ for now, only waiting 2months. I'm sure you'll only hear "we're waiting on some checks to return", you should wait just a short time more before you start hearing those words.

See this is the problem , I don't mind waiting.. Just one the form has been sent off is in the process of been dealt with.. Maybe I will hold off for another month. Do you think I should go down the local station and ask if everything is going ok ?

See this is the problem , I don't mind waiting.. Just one the form has been sent off is in the process of been dealt with.. Maybe I will hold off for another month. Do you think I should go down the local station and ask if everything is going ok ?

It may not hurt to contact them and see all is okay. I would hold off on contacting HQ just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

At the time of filling in the form I included all of my girlfriends family (who there are many, many of). Wish I hadn't now, I don't know any of them really and they're probably slowing down the whole thing.

If she was only your Girlfriend i would "NOT" have included her family, as you and i both know girlfriends/ boyfriends come and go, its only family members that should be included, and ones you know about.

Got a call about a meeting with the local sergeant :)

• Advertisement

Got a call about a meeting with the local sergeant :)

Excellent news ! When did you apply ?

Excellent news ! When did you apply ?

Thanks :) Applied in mod-2008, had the initial interview and exam in Dec 2009 and handed my BR Form in Jan 2010. Have my meeting on friday after work, the sergeant sounds spot on so far, real friendly on the phone which helps!

Thanks :) Applied in mod-2008, had the initial interview and exam in Dec 2009 and handed my BR Form in Jan 2010. Have my meeting on friday after work, the sergeant sounds spot on so far, real friendly on the phone which helps!

Excellent, should be fine then. Just hold yourself to getter, casual chat no pressure ! Best of luck.

BR Form 2010? Sweet devine, only handed in mine 2 months ago. I will be an old man before I hear back ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Excellent, should be fine then. Just hold yourself to getter, casual chat no pressure ! Best of luck.

BR Form 2010? Sweet devine, only handed in mine 2 months ago. I will be an old man before I hear back ! :pac:

It varies - I Know a GR that handed in his BR over 3 months *before* me and started training 6 months after me, and that was with mine going missing in the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

It really does vary.. My process lasted from when I applied on-line to attending phase one was only 7 months... There's hope out there!
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

It really does vary.. My process lasted from when I applied on-line to attending phase one was only 7 months... There's hope out there!
    Best of luck

/\
    The older candidates get special Express treatment :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

Ya. Get us in before we kick the bucket! That's why ZA when through the process in a month only:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Ya. Get us in before we kick the bucket! That's why ZA when through the process in a month only:pac:

Actually i got special dispensation i did not have to do any of that. :D:p

TylerIE wrote: »
    /\
    The older candidates get special Express treatment :P
    ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    Actually i got special dispensation i did not have to do any of that. :D:p

Please keep the threads on-topic! Any more off-topic posts will be deleted and the poster will receive a formal warning.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement

You might be okay & get in in good time. I know of reserves who would've had everything complete on 8months so ...

Advertisement