Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

A.G.S wrote: »
    smiley963 wrote: »
    I have completed all my interviews with Sgt and Super and my BR form was sent in and checks started in January for me they told me it could take up six months maybe longer. I have a total of nine people on my BR to be checked. How many have you got on your BR form to be checked.

I've got about 20 so alot :) My form has been with them over a year tho, I was told I should be called in ten days by my local Sargent :) so fingers crossed and waiting. I'm worried as the Garda Reserve is reaching its quota so time is running out :-S
    My checks are going on since January, So it looks like I b waiting awhile so. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

My checks are going on since January, So it looks like I b waiting awhile so. :-(

Keep the faith! least your name is in the system, just wait for a call (the email I check for everyday :) )

A.G.S wrote: »

Keep the faith! least your name is in the system, just wait for a call (the email I check for everyday :) )
    Hopefully you hear soon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Veni Vidi Vici

Hey. I passed the exam and interview and handed in my BR form into my local station the other day. Had a brief chat with the Sergeant he seemed very sound and straight forward. I've noticed a lot of people in this post have mentioned how their forms were forgotten and never sent off so I'm a little worried about this but don't exactly want to be asking him "So did ya send it?!" if ya get what I mean. Should I ring or email the HQ to check that it's been received, or just be patient?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Hey. I passed the exam and interview and handed in my BR form into my local station the other day. Had a brief chat with the Sergeant he seemed very sound and straight forward. I've noticed a lot of people in this post have mentioned how their forms were forgotten and never sent off so I'm a little worried about this but don't exactly want to be asking him "So did ya send it?!" if ya get what I mean. Should I ring or email the HQ to check that it's been received, or just be patient?

Give it a month or so at least then check, they do have a major tendency to disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Hi im wondering if anyone can help me with my br form,on the list all relatives etc section i-ve mentioned all my aunts and uncles on my mothers side no problem,but when it comes to my father it gets messy as i-ve had no contact with him since I was a young child and he has never lived in ireland.he has such a large amount of brothers and sisters(about 13 i believe!) all born abroad and living all over the world and I havent a clue where to begin finding them as I dont even know who any of them are and I have no contact with him.Do they still expect me to list them all or do you think they will make an exception?

triple-M wrote: »
    Hi im wondering if anyone can help me with my br form,on the list all relatives etc section i-ve mentioned all my aunts and uncles on my mothers side no problem,but when it comes to my father it gets messy as i-ve had no contact with him since I was a young child and he has never lived in ireland.he has such a large amount of brothers and sisters(about 13 i believe!) all born abroad and living all over the world and I havent a clue where to begin finding them as I dont even know who any of them are and I have no contact with him.Do they still expect me to list them all or do you think they will make an exception?

Ring the Garda Reserve Office. They will give you a definitive answer.

Either answer you get here isnt going to be appropriate - some could say yes you have to list them all - which gives you a major headache (and you still dont know how far to go) or the answer you probably want to hear (dont bother listing them) may be inaccurate and could cause you bother down the line.

Explain the full circumstances and how you dont know who or where they are....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

TylerIE wrote: »
    Ring the Garda Reserve Office. They will give you a definitive answer.

Either answer you get here isnt going to be appropriate - some could say yes you have to list them all - which gives you a major headache (and you still dont know how far to go) or the answer you probably want to hear (dont bother listing them) may be inaccurate and could cause you bother down the line.

Explain the full circumstances and how you dont know who or where they are....
    thank you,I just thought that maybe others here might have been in the same situation and could of told me how they got on I will give them a ring tomorrow

triple-M wrote: »
    thank you,I just thought that maybe others here might have been in the same situation and could of told me how they got on

One GR I know who had been in a similar situation rang round all the aunts, uncles and cousins getting names, addresses and DOBs, and phone numbers for the other relatives (in the UK and US) so as to get the same for them and their children. He didnt enjoy the experience.

He hadnt contacted the GR office, just assumed it was needed. Ultimately it didnt delay his application significantly more than the average.

Quick question, how long does it take for the Commissioner to decide wheather your after been accepted or not, does anybody know :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NewAce

Hi all,

Does it matter which Garda station I hand my BR form into? I've moved to a new area and there are 2 stations nearby.

Also, when I drop it in do I need to give it to a sergeant or whoever is at the counter?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 banghan

shoul i put my girlfreind's detail into details of candidate's spouse/partner form??we have different explanation of partner/girlfriend or boyfriend in our country, im kind of confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

banghan wrote: »
    shoul i put my girlfreind's detail into details of candidate's spouse/partner form??we have different explanation of partner/girlfriend or boyfriend in our country, im kind of confused

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 reserve123

Hi, I read through a few pages of the thread and couldnt find the answer so i'm hoping someone could answer this for me here?

I have no convictions and My mothers side of the family has absolutely no convictions atall but an uncle on my fathers side has got convictions. I'm just wondering how much could this affect me joining the reserve?

reserve123 wrote: »
    Hi, I read through a few pages of the thread and couldnt find the answer so i'm hoping someone could answer this for me here?

I have no convictions and My mothers side of the family has absolutely no convictions atall but an uncle on my fathers side has got convictions. I'm just wondering how much could this affect me joining the reserve?

Hey Reserve123 it all depends on what sort of convictions he has. If its only the one person shudnt be too bad depending on what it is. I have 3 that came back on mine still waiting on my checks are still ongoing 6 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 EimearM1

Hey can someone help me out , On the BR form , see where it says > Have you ever been convicted of a crime/offence by a Court or a Commanding Officer
    of the Defence Forces?

Would Running a Red Light and being fined in court , should i put this in , does this count?

EimearM1 wrote: »
    Hey can someone help me out , On the BR form , see where it says > Have you ever been convicted of a crime/offence by a Court or a Commanding Officer
    of the Defence Forces?

Would Running a Red Light and being fined in court , should i put this in , does this count?
    If u have been convicted of it I would. Show that your not lying.

Ok , i hope it dosnt effect me :S , thanks :)

EimearM1 wrote: »
    Ok , i hope it dosnt effect me :S , thanks :)
    You may get pulled on it everyone makes mistakes.

You may get pulled on it everyone makes mistakes.
    True True :) Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 reserve123

Hey Reserve123 it all depends on what sort of convictions he has. If its only the one person shudnt be too bad depending on what it is. I have 3 that came back on mine still waiting on my checks are still ongoing 6 months later.

Well from what I have heard he assaulted a police over, must be round 20 years ago now and he handed himself in soon after but i'v a feeling it might affect me.. Everyone elses record is fairly clean as far as I know.

I myself was brought to court by the gardai over motoring offences (failure to produce) but I actually knew the gardai from my local area so I brought my documents up to him and it was struck out. That's the only trouble I have had:cool:

Just wondering, it's been 3 months since I was last in touch with the Reserve office by e-mail, just wondering do you think I should give them a call ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cozzy66

msg11 wrote: »
    Just wondering, it's been 3 months since I was last in touch with the Reserve office by e-mail, just wondering do you think I should give them a call ?

What stage are you waiting to hear back from ? Have you got your date for medical or waiting to get called for training or how far along the process are you?

cozzy66 wrote: »
    What stage are you waiting to hear back from ? Have you got your date for medical or waiting to get called for training or how far along the process are you?

Waiting to hear for a medical ..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cozzy66

Waiting to hear for a medical ..

Ya 3 months is not a long time to be waiting at all so. There are people on here waiting over a year to be called for a medical. I myself waited 5 months, which is regarded as a short time to wait. The B.R. checks take ages. When did you first originally apply?

cozzy66 wrote: »
    Ya 3 months is not a long time to be waiting at all so. There are people on here waiting over a year to be called for a medical. I myself waited 5 months, which is regarded as a short time to wait. The B.R. checks take ages. When did you first originally apply?

Just to add, last thing I done was meeting with the super in Feb, it's a matter of ringing to show that I am still interested, that sort of phone call if you get me.

The whole process started back in March 2011, Interview etc.. May 2011..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭robo008

I started the application process in november 2009 and only got called up for medical and training this year... Sit back and relax... Its a long wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

I applied in Jan 2010 and I finally became a reserve in Oct 2011. Long wait my friend its a slow slow process. I got my medical in summer 2011 i waited a full year for it from my interview with the super.

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    I applied in Jan 2010 and I finally became a reserve in Oct 2011. Long wait my friend its a slow slow process. I got my medical in summer 2011 i waited a full year for it from my interview with the super.

Cool lads, will just sit back so..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

Cool lads, will just sit back so..
    Just keep strong mate its well worth it in the end

Advertisement