Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve B.R Form (for background checks)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

A.G.S wrote: »
    Thats true, Hope I get medical soon! Would love to get into the GR at 19 get as much experience possible :) was talking to my local cig he said 2012 will be a big year for the GR

at 19, fair play! You certainly will start gaining experience from men & women that will just leave you stunned with the wealth of experience and knowledge they have and share. Inspiring!

Yes, 2012 has the makings of a great year for Garda Reserves alright! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭hayzer

Hope it is my year too...been waiting for for nearly 2 years for this! Fingers cross all is well with my applications and they think I am a worthy candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cozzy66

Had my interview with the super yday, everything so far had gone fairly quick, Just wondering does the BR get checked in your local station or by HQ, also I was recently told that phase 2 is no longer 56 hours training over a period of months, that it is now 2 weeks in the garda college learning all laws and legislation ect? Something to do with freeing up Gardai and saving cost? Dont know how true this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

cozzy66 wrote: »
    Had my interview with the super yday, everything so far had gone fairly quick, Just wondering does the BR get checked in your local station or by HQ, also I was recently told that phase 2 is no longer 56 hours training over a period of months, that it is now 2 weeks in the garda college learning all laws and legislation ect? Something to do with freeing up Gardai and saving cost? Dont know how true this is?

Hi there,

welcome along to our GRR forum :)

I don't know for certain how true that is. I did hear what you stated though but I don't know when or even if it will come into effect though.

Thanks, said its about time to get in on the action instead of just reading everything over and over again :-D I was told this by a new member of the garda reserve who has started in his station.
    This would speed the whole process up alot if you eventually got to stage two. I think its a good move. Any idea about the BR form, and what happens to it when you hand it into the station. I hear they are trying to move the reserves on quick this year? Would you reckon if your at this stage now, you should make it there, all being every other stage is passed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Yeah, is it checked by both local station and HQ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 collw2

Howdy, Had my Third interview with a super recently Br form in 15 mounts now( i have a big family). Anyway he said he would be recommending me and that should be last of Br checks. I am Happy out! should be an interesting to see if a medical awaits me soon.

collw2 wrote: »
    Howdy, Had my Third interview with a super recently Br form in 15 mounts now( i have a big family). Anyway he said he would be recommending me and that should be last of Br checks. I am Happy out! should be an interesting to see if a medical awaits me soon.

Ya very interesting. Do you mind me asking why you had 3 interviews thats very odd? Did he give you any indication of a time no?

I know its odd to be called in so many times I haven't heard of others with that many..... Without saying much obviously its in relation to BR issues! I could have bet 100 euro the last time I was getting called in was to Inform me I couldn't progress any further! Emm no, no indication I am afraid. I am just happy I can Even humor myself at a the idea of a faint hint of light and the end of this tunnel if ya get me! :)

I know its odd to be called in so many times I haven't heard of others with that many..... Without saying much obviously its in relation to BR issues! I could have bet 100 euro the last time I was getting called in was to Inform me I couldn't progress any further! Emm no, no indication I am afraid. I am just happy I can Even humor myself at a the idea of a faint hint of light and the end of this tunnel if ya get me! :)

Do you mind me asking when you first started off your process and how long each stage took you, from first interview/test to BR to first interview with srgt/super ect

• Advertisement

Sure,first applied late 09..... interview/Public job side of things I think was mid 2010 and then BR form handed in around that time also. Its been long way since then I tell ya! again I have a big family and members abroad hence the pushing on 2 years wait for BR Form..... what about you? were you at?

Sure,first applied late 09..... interview/Public job side of things I think was mid 2010 and then BR form handed in around that time also. Its been long way since then I tell ya! again I have a big family and members abroad hence the pushing on 2 years wait for BR Form..... what about you? were you at?

Im absolutely nothing compared to your wait. I had my interview/public jobs, start of dec just gone, handed in my BR the day I found out I passed it all whick was mid december. Meet the srgt the first week of January, and meet the super just 2 days ago, so that all went quicker than i taught. As regards my BR I have just one relation in Australia rest are in Ireland. So hopefully wont be too long. What are of Ireland are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 blake101

Hello Everybody

I applied in sept 11, had the interview in mid december and was told within
    three days that I'd passed. There was a slight delay in handing in my BR form but eventually got it in last night and got a call today telling me to expect a call for a meeting with the sergent this week. Is this usual?? Seems to be all happening much faster then anticipated. Or have I just jinxed it and Ill be waiting another two years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

blake101 wrote: »
    Hello Everybody

I applied in sept 11, had the interview in mid december and was told within
    three days that I'd passed. There was a slight delay in handing in my BR form but eventually got it in last night and got a call today telling me to expect a call for a meeting with the sergent this week. Is this usual?? Seems to be all happening much faster then anticipated. Or have I just jinxed it and Ill be waiting another two years!

Well up too the stage your at now, the PAS handle things quick. The BR form takes ages to process. But you seem to have gotten your meeting quick enough.

msg11 wrote: »
    Well up too the stage your at now, the PAS handle things quick. The BR form takes ages to process. But you seem to have gotten your meeting quick enough.

Ya mine moved very quick to this stage aswel, meeting in december just gone, meet the srgt first week of January and meet the super last week, I am not prepared for a really really long wait I presume, If I am in Training by this time next year id be lucky I would think provided I pass the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Hey, I'm wondering HQ told me that they processed my appplication and that they are sending it of for background and security checks does this mean that it's getting sent of for the final checks now. Does this mean as soon as it comes back with background completed i can be called for medical. Anyone know anything bout this.
    :D:D

smiley963 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm wondering HQ told me that they processed my appplication and that they are sending it of for background and security checks does this mean that it's getting sent of for the final checks now. Does this mean as soon as it comes back with background completed i can be called for medical. Anyone know anything bout this.

Ya HQ got onto me about not enough address details on some relatives, I sent back the information and heard no more. I presume since they wanted more details that they were going through the BR checks at that stage but I am not sure? How long have you been waiting for in total? Did you just contact HQ yourself inquiring or did they contact you?

Ya HQ got onto me about not enough address details on some relatives, I sent back the information and heard no more. I presume since they wanted more details that they were going through the BR checks at that stage but I am not sure? How long have you been waiting for in total? Did you just contact HQ yourself inquiring or did they contact you?

I had my interview and they sent off the form they told me that they couldn't read my date of births on it for my relatives so I sent them and they never got my leaving cert results. So after I sent them in they told me that it has been sent for background and security checks. I'm hoping that this is the final checks would it be. I started mine in November 2011. Wat about you how long you waiting. :-)

I had my interview and they sent off the form they told me that they couldn't read my date of births on it for my relatives so I sent them and they never got my leaving cert results. So after I sent them in they told me that it has been sent for background and security checks. I'm hoping that this is the final checks would it be. I started mine in November 2011. Wat about you how long you waiting. :-)

Ya had my initial interview with the Public Jobs the start of Dec I think it was, Did all my interviews the first week of Jan with the srgt and super, They contacted over 2 weeks ago about there not being enough details and from when I sent back the extra details I heard no more. Have you heard anyhting els from them?

Ya had my initial interview with the Public Jobs the start of Dec I think it was, Did all my interviews the first week of Jan with the srgt and super, They contacted over 2 weeks ago about there not being enough details and from when I sent back the extra details I heard no more. Have you heard anyhting els from them?

All I heard back was they sent all the information of now and they told me the background checks have commenced and that they would be in touch when they come back. Reason being it has to then be sent to tHe commisners office to be signed of and then when that's done they tell you when your medical is only of he signs of on you. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 derek bilko

does anyone have garda HQ number on contacting about your reserves application i had it but changed fone and lost it would appreciate it someone could give it to me as i want to get in contact with them cheers

Hi can anybody help me. I have 9 member on my BR form to be checked does anybody have a rough estimate on how long that it could take to get all them checked. Roughly does anybody know.
    Thanks.

Smiley963

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 carlbre

hi all, seems like some people are getting through very fast, wish mine would speed up a bit. applied in mid 2010, interview and written exam in december 2010, handed in feb 2011 and had my interview with the super this morning. I'm hoping this is a sign the br checks are pretty much done and the medical will be soon

• Registered Users Posts: 25 robmol

carlbre wrote: »
    hi all, seems like some people are getting through very fast, wish mine would speed up a bit. applied in mid 2010, interview and written exam in december 2010, handed in feb 2011 and had my interview with the super this morning. I'm hoping this is a sign the br checks are pretty much done and the medical will be soon

Hey carlbre

I applied in late 2010 had my sergeant interview last week, I felt it went great he was a gent was supposed to have super interview following day but was put off til this Friday, how did ur super interview go? Was it similar to the sergeant one?
    I asked the sergeant about my BR checks Being completed and he said I shouldn't b waiting too long maybe 4 or 5 weeks not sure how he would know that for sure so I won't get my hopes up just yet!! Hopefully we won't be waiting to much longer for medicals!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

Hi, this is premature of me, but I have a question regarding the BR form, which I couldn't find a direct answer.

My husband has 22 uncles and Aunts, do I have to put them all down?!? Only asking because he doesn't know where half of them live and I'd say his parents might not know all of their d.o.b.

If I make it to this stage it's going to take a lifetime for them to check everybody!!

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Yes, if they are your husbands blood relatives you'll have to put them on the form unfortuantely. Might be quicker to divorce your husband, submitt the BR and then get re-married! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

Yes, if they are your husbands blood relatives you'll have to put them on the form unfortuantely. Might be quicker to divorce your husband, submitt the BR and then get re-married! :D

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunetly yes all 22 of them are my husbands blood relatives:eek: Divorce is sounding like a good option :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Hey guys,

Ive been waiting on my br checks a year and one month so far.Ive done all the stages met with the sergeant and super. Rang HQ and asked what was the hold up ? they told me that the checks are being done and are very detailed checking up everyone I have on the form Br.After that call I rang my local station which is the district HQ so very busy! I spoke to a nice sergeant who told me that my paperwork is done and it was sent to HQ. My question is will their be more checks on my form ? or dose it go straight to the commissioner for his approval ? and then of successful medical ? the sergeant told me I should hear in ten days and if not to call him again.

A.G.S wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Ive been waiting on my br checks a year and one month so far.Ive done all the stages met with the sergeant and super. Rang HQ and asked what was the hold up ? they told me that the checks are being done and are very detailed checking up everyone I have on the form Br.After that call I rang my local station which is the district HQ so very busy! I spoke to a nice sergeant who told me that my paperwork is done and it was sent to HQ. My question is will their be more checks on my form ? or dose it go straight to the commissioner for his approval ? and then of successful medical ? the sergeant told me I should hear in ten days and if not to call him again.
    I have completed all my interviews with Sgt and Super and my BR form was sent in and checks started in January for me they told me it could take up six months maybe longer. I have a total of nine people on my BR to be checked. How many have you got on your BR form to be checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

I have completed all my interviews with Sgt and Super and my BR form was sent in and checks started in January for me they told me it could take up six months maybe longer. I have a total of nine people on my BR to be checked. How many have you got on your BR form to be checked.

I've got about 20 so alot :) My form has been with them over a year tho, I was told I should be called in ten days by my local Sargent :) so fingers crossed and waiting. I'm worried as the Garda Reserve is reaching its quota so time is running out :-S

Advertisement