Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

tankbarry wrote: »
    sinnott's lots of stuff getting robbed in there...........I am one who got robbed and I know of a good few others

That can happen in any pub, club, or shop - anywhere.

tankbarry wrote: »
    sinnott's lots of stuff getting robbed in there...........I am one who got robbed and I know of a good few others

Are you talking about the prices??

heh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Remember about ten years ago when pubs would be asking €20 for entry on New Years Eve??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Sully wrote: »
    That can happen in any pub, club, or shop - anywhere.

But unusually enough it happens a lot more where there are dregs........just saying!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

But unusually enough it happens a lot more where there are dregs........just saying!

I have only been in there once and the one thing that struck me was how not scummy the crowd was. Like I never felt 100% comfortable in Masons even though I used to always have a good laugh in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Welcome back abouttobebaned :) couldn't stay away eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Welcome back abouttobebaned :) couldn't stay away eh?
    Might be abouttobebaned but it sure as hell ain't abouttobebanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Might be abouttobebaned but it sure as hell ain't abouttobebanned.

Get mugged lately? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

Well lads, just wondering does anybody know when the clubs in town are having there Halloween fancy dress nights?I know the forum are having there's the Saturday before Halloween and I'm wondering will the rest of town have there's on the Saturday or the on the Sunday for the bank holiday?

Get mugged lately? :D

Not following...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lads, please refrain from posting unsubstantiated stories of different place closing down on in trouble, All these rumours flying around lately are doing the city and the businesses in question more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Lads, does anyone know if T&H's still have trad music on a Saturday night? Have relatives over from England looking for somewhere with a bit o' Irish flavour.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Lads, does anyone know if T&H's still have trad music on a Saturday night? Have relatives over from England looking for somewhere with a bit o' Irish flavour.. :)
    AFAIK, they advertise live trad every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Its not really trad music though, more like a man with guitar singing a few ballads.

There hasnt been real trad music there for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

shockwave wrote: »
    Its not really trad music though, more like a man with guitar singing a few ballads.

There hasnt been real trad music there for years.

Drives me nuts when people mistake Folk for Trad. Out of interest is there any place that does actual trad music in the city?

O Riain wrote: »
    Drives me nuts when people mistake Folk for Trad. Out of interest is there any place that does actual trad music in the city?
    I think the Kazbar have Divil The Bit on thursdays. I think they play actual trad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Waterford9

Yeah Divil the Bit always play trad on Thursdays, been to see them a few times this year

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Edz87 wrote: »
    Are you talking about the prices??

heh

I was in there just once and I had a bit of my soul robbed..

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I couldn't get over the state of the town this morning after last night. Pity the poor guys that have to clean it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

LottieP25 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just getting old, but I couldn't get over the state of the town this morning after last night. Pity the poor guys that have to clean it up!

The town was not half as bad this morning as it was previous mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I believe the reg will reopen in the new year. Will probably be a touristy bar/restaurant.

I'm bringing a crowd of cork lads on a bit of a tour of Waterford pubs. Went to go into Downes to give them a taste of the No.9 but it wasn't open. Ended up in the Tap Room
    Anyone know what time it opens, so we can go in later?

Usually 7 if memory serves me correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I'm bringing a crowd of cork lads on a bit of a tour of Waterford pubs. Went to go into Downes to give them a taste of the No.9 but it wasn't open. Ended up in the Tap Room
    Anyone know what time it opens, so we can go in later?

Think it's 5. It used to be open on 5 on a Friday about a year ago anyway.

johnnykilo wrote: »

Think it's 5. It used to be open on 5 on a Friday about a year ago anyway.
    It was just after 5 when we pulled up there anyways. Cheers MitchKoobski, we might try there after 7 so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Could anyone recommend a pub with a decent whiskey selection?

Phil Grimes actually have a great beer and whiskey selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Phil Grimes actually have a great beer and whiskey selection.

Can't speak to the whiskey but they certainly do some good beers.

Not a whisky drinker myself, but I'm in there the odd time and they certainly seem to have a nice collection of whiskeys behind the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

why are they reopening masons after xmas like?

Advertisement