Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is the student scene gone very quiet this year?students never had much but with places closing muust be bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Two students just got their head kicked in for no reason by scumbags by madigans had to go and try help them, but they looked pretty shocked.

They seemed to be okay in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

Sully wrote: »
    The Sands Complex appears to be closed, it wasn't open tonight anyway. From what I was told, it is indeed closed but the reasoning wasn't anything to do with Air Conditioning or Liquidation of the owner whose other businesses remain open. Funnily enough for years he has been speculated that he was in receivership etc. but remained open.

Its is closed.I was working there.We were called wednesday morning and told the place wouldnt be open again so no work for us anymore.The reason we were given was the water and heating were gone.it was up to the owner not the leaseholder to fix it but he refused to do so.So they cancelled the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

deisedave wrote: »
    Two students just got their head kicked in for no reason by scumbags by madigans had to go and try help them, but they looked pretty shocked.

They seemed to be okay in the end.
    Damn residents. Always creating trouble....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

looder wrote: »
    Damn residents. Always creating trouble....

Well me being a resident stopped it so yes damn residents :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Great buzz around town last Friday for Culture Night. Plenty of free events with great music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

old gregg wrote: »
    Great buzz around town last Friday for Culture Night. Plenty of free events with great music.

Felt they advertised it very late this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

True. I felt that City Council who would have responsibility to promote the thing were not as active as they could be and left it to individual event organisers who are largely voluntary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

I've been told the Reg has been bought and will reopen as a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

south wrote: »
    I've been told the Reg has been bought and will reopen as a pub.

Was told big plans for it submitted in the last few weeks. Whiskey bar downstairs plus a craft beer bar and also terrace bar upstairs overlooking reginalds tower and the river.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

thomasm wrote: »
    Was told big plans for it submitted in the last few weeks. Whiskey bar downstairs plus a craft beer bar and also terrace bar upstairs overlooking reginalds tower and the river.

That sounds lovely. Fingers crossed it'll go ahead. I'd say that would be a nice tourist attraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

That sounds lovely. Fingers crossed it'll go ahead. I'd say that would be a nice tourist attraction.
    Never mind the tourists! It'll be a great CardBordWindow attraction too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Any idea who bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Going to Waterford for the week at 7, should be there at 8. Best place to watch the golf? Have no internet at my house there. Will be heartbroken if I can't watch it.
    Pub around where the niteclubs are prefferably.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The Front Lounge put up on Facebook earlier that they'll be showing it.

ty sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Head today Masons is is going to be running again by the end of october.

Anyone shed any light on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Is T and H Doolans now gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

STIG83 wrote: »
    Is T and H Doolans now gone?

No.
    Tand H Doolans
    IN RESPONCE TO THE RUMOURS THAT ARE CIRCULATING AROUND T and H DOOLANS IS NOT CLOSING DOWN WE ARE OPEN AS NORMAL SERVING FOOD AND DRINK WITH LIVE MUSIC EVERY NIGHT

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

I was out last night and i see the foundrys plans have been completed............now its full prices for drinks and you have the pleasure of paying entry on the door to go in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

They may as well take down the foundry signage and replace it with "Monopoly"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Spadzy wrote: »
    I was out last night and i see the foundrys plans have been completed............now its full prices for drinks and you have the pleasure of paying entry on the door to go in!!!

We will see how long that lasts but I suppose saying that the only people in there are of a very young age group. They won't think twice about paying in whereas anyone over the age of 20 going in there and paying should really have a long look at themselves in the mirror!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

They may as well take down the foundry signage and replace it with "Monopoly"
    we all know monopoly's don't work in waterford dare i mention tweedy group

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

it was funny last night - group of girls outside crystal niteclub in shock that it was €5 to in.....remember the days when it was €10 to get into Rubys and €5.70 for a bottle of cider!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Spadzy wrote: »
    jennygirl wrote: »
    it was funny last night - group of girls outside crystal niteclub in shock that it was €5 to in.....remember the days when it was €10 to get into Rubys and €5.70 for a bottle of cider!

I wonder if both places have the same drinks prices too.
    The word cartel springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

We will see how long that lasts but I suppose saying that the only people in there are of a very young age group. They won't think twice about paying in whereas anyone over the age of 20 going in there and paying should really have a long look at themselves in the mirror!

Haha...............Id better get me coat then.:D

Head today Masons is is going to be running again by the end of october.

Anyone shed any light on this ?

Anyone else shed any light on this? Masons was a favourite of mine, and I've had enough of The Foundry.

Enjoy Sinnotts immensly

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

jennygirl wrote: »

I'm almost certain about 10 years ago every club in town(or all the good ones anyway) was €20 entry one Easter Sunday and not only did everywhere have a massive line most places we're turning people away for whatever reason they wanted and basically because they could. It really is such a different world now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭iseegirls

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm almost certain about 10 years ago every club in town(or all the good ones anyway) was €20 entry one Easter Sunday and not only did everywhere have a massive line most places we're turning people away for whatever reason they wanted and basically because they could. It really is such a different world now.

Was the same on St. Stephens Day. I remember Ruby's were asking for 18euro one year - and there were huge queues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

sinnott's lots of stuff getting robbed in there...........I am one who got robbed and I know of a good few others

Advertisement