Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Sinnotts? To be fair, they didn't exactly look far for the name...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

It's as good a name as any in fairness. Looking forward to giving it a look actually, I was a real Muldoons man when it was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

ziedth wrote: »
    It's as good a name as any in fairness. Looking forward to giving it a look actually, I was a real Muldoons man when it was open.

Ah now don't get me wrong, it's a grand name like. Better than a place in Ross (now gone) that the owner renamed 'The Pub' after his father retired. Needless to say, everyone continued to call it by the original name.

But I digress, what I meant is that I just think it's anusing that Sinnott's discs was right there as well like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is it definitely being called that? I thought the poster just said that as it was where Sinnott's discs was.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Im so old I was a Fat Sams woman!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is it definitely being called that? I thought the poster just said that as it was where Sinnott's discs was.

I'll go out on a limb here, Sinnots is a ****e name, hopefully they will have used more imagination for inside.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

If they were open next week surely they'd have the name all over the place by now. The marketing for opening The Foundry seemed to go on for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

If they were open next week surely they'd have the name all over the place by now. The marketing for opening The Foundry seemed to go on for months.

and look how well that went:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i'm after hearing that the kavanaghs have some how come up with money to buy back harveys and are also opening a place in cork???? anyone else hear this???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I hope so. I like Harveys. It's better than the Foundry when there's a decent crowd there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I still call Lisduggan Shopping Center Quinnsworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Ahhh yellow pack lager...the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

thomasm wrote: »
    Ahhh yellow pack lager...the memories

Hoffmans used to do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I much preferred the L & N myself to Lisduggan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I still call it Crazy Prizes. Prizes so high, you'd be crazy to shop there!

I wonder are they going to use the signage from the old Sinnotts record shop for the new pub? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Crystal have announced their new student night is to be called "YOLO Wednesdays".

As in the really really annoying phrase "YOLO You Only Live Once"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

2388502-double_facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I showed it to a few people in work and they thought it was someone taking the piss.

http://www.facebook.com/yolo.studentvenue

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

.......Yep....gonna have to burn the place down now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

they really thought of that one yolo.....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

have ye been to Sinnotts yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

yoyo83 wrote: »
    have ye been to Sinnotts yet?

We know you work there/Foundry - Tell us how "great" it is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Crystal have announced their new student night is to be called "YOLO Wednesdays".

As in the really really annoying phrase "YOLO You Only Live Once"

You only leave once ? You wont be back to leave again... :D

I'll get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

Elbows22 wrote: »
    We know you work there/Foundry - Tell us how "great" it is :rolleyes:

Haha..............

I was there Saturday night, nice enough place but no atmosphere and the music was brutal.......just my 2-pence worth.
    I think i only lasted 45 mins before i had to get out........:(

I will try again next week to see if it is any better, but sure it is always nice to have another option to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I see that Sinnotts have their Saturday night as advertised as strictly vinyl.......does this mean they actually only play vinyl or is it just a name on the club night?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Went to sinnotts Friday for the opening, great looking place, atmosphere was non existent tho, has the feel of a hotel bar.
    I think it's a place I would go with the Missus early in the night but couldn't see myself ending up there.
    Out of 10 I'd give it a 5

I loved Muldoons, and I have a feeling that I will hate Synniottiots or whatever its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Is the new place completely transformed from when it was Muldoons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I was in there on Friday night for the opening. Nice place, kind badly designed though.
    Smoking area is down the end near the toilets and second(smaller bar) This resulted in a huge bottleneck even before the place got packed. That area should be standing only with no stools which will make flow of traffic a little easier. They might figure that out though on a busy night!
    Toilets are a bit small, especially the ladies. Not enough cubicles in there I was told.
    Worst of all though was the music volume and quality of sound. Avalon are a good band but had the worst sound I've ever heard in a pub. I'm sure they were told to use the house PA system instead of their own. Without a sound engineer tweaking the levels outside it could only end up sounding terrible. It sounded like a transistor radio that you'd hear at the beach. Tinny with no bass whatsoever. As it was the opening night, the music should have been pumping to create excitement. Hopefully they'll sort this out too because people like might like to hear the band!

Advertisement