Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

STIG83 wrote: »
    Is the new place completely transformed from when it was Muldoons?

Yup, you wouldn't recognise it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Im so old I was a Fat Sams woman!!!
    Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I still call Lisduggan Shopping Center Quinnsworth.
    looder wrote: »
    I much preferred the L & N myself to Lisduggan.

That's nothing, I'm still buying me clothes from Peter France, presume his sale is still on? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orwellian

What are the prices like in Sinnotts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

orwellian wrote: »
    What are the prices like in Sinnotts ?

Heard €4.50 a pint. No recession in there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orwellian

cashing in on the novelty of it being new so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Who actually owns Sinnotts?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Who actually owns Sinnotts?

Dinn Rí group. Same as the Foundry

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Heard €4.50 a pint. No recession in there so.

It's reasonable enough IMO. I think we can see from Masons and Harvey's that the low price alcohol strategy was a disaster and i doubt we'll see it again to the same extent. If I can get two Vodkas and one Coke for €10Ish I consider that a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 queev1988

ziedth wrote: »
    It's reasonable enough IMO. I think we can see from Masons and Harvey's that the low price alcohol strategy was a disaster and i doubt we'll see it again to the same extent. If I can get two Vodkas and one Coke for €10Ish I consider that a good price.

Agreed!4.50 for a pint in a city, in a new attractive venue is a fair price. Pint of Heineken in Fenor would be 4.10, so in all a fair price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

they have to charge, with the place lying there so long they are hundreds of thousands in the red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Is Harvey's just standing there as a white elephant now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Found out why it's called Sinnott's today. It would have cost them E5,000 to change postal address of a listed building or something, so they used an existing name from Sinnott's Discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Ledger wrote: »
    Found out why it's called Sinnott's today. It would have cost them E5,000 to change postal address of a listed building or something, so they used an existing name from Sinnott's Discs.

That's mad! After spending millions on the place, they've saved 5k by cheeping out on changing the name! Ha! :pac:

Jason Todd wrote: »
    That's mad! After spending millions on the place, they've saved 5k by cheeping out on changing the name! Ha! :pac:

So I heard today anyway. Ridiculous alright

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

thats mad alright

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Have to say that does'nt make sense.Muldoon's is not a listed building as most of it was rebuilt after the famous Fat Sams fire of 1990.Sinnott's and Boston cleaners are not listed buildings either and afaik are owned by Bank of Scotland.
    Dellcatos chipper is a listed building because of the ornate window's on the second and third floor's.:confused:

Have to say that does'nt make sense.Muldoon's is not a listed building as most of it was rebuilt after the famous Fat Sams fire of 1990.Sinnott's and Boston cleaners are not listed buildings either and afaik are owned by Bank of Scotland.
    Dellcatos chipper is a listed building because of the ornate window's on the second and third floor's.:confused:

well I might have gotten the listed building part wrong, but the rest is right afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

To the best of my knowledge Sinnotts music shop and the shop next to it are listed buildings, well the front of them anyway. Don’t know why as they were disgusting looking buildings no matter how old they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Crystal was bouncing last night!

Crystal was bouncing last night!

It was nearly too packed I thought now. Took about 15 mins to get from the jacks to the smoking room, ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

It was nearly too packed I thought now. Took about 15 mins to get from the jacks to the smoking room, ridiculous.

I noticed that myself aswell unless you managed to squeeze through a lot of people but hey, its the first week of college, place was bound to be packed!

I noticed that myself aswell unless you managed to squeeze through a lot of people but hey, its the first week of college, place was bound to be packed!

Plus the JC results were out yesterday. Of course, none of them would be in a nightclub though...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Must say, I very much like Sinnott's. Went there on Monday & Wednesday before going to The Foundry. Regretted leaving both times.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Must say, I very much like Sinnott's. Went there on Monday & Wednesday before going to The Foundry. Regretted leaving both times.

Yeah I have to say I like it too. Was there last night before going to crystal. Probably shoulda stayed in Sinnott's. Smoking room is very like the one in foundry Carlow, except foundry carlow has a bar in it and is a tad bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is the Foundry that bad?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is the Foundry that bad?? :D

I usually don't mind The Foundry if I don't go there too much, but with all of The Freshers out this past week, it was hard to stomach. On both days, but especially Monday, it seemed they should have stopped leaving people in at about 1 a.m. Very busy, to the scale of being dangerous imo.

Of course, people skipping in queues did lead to a few fights amongst the weak headed people.

To top it off, once it got to a certain time both nights, the music went awful, almost hardcore-dance esque.

Thursday nights seem interesting. 80's/90's music thrown into the mix too.

On a regular Friday over the summer just gone, we went to there from Cahir in Tipp just for something different. It was grand, not too packed. I doubt I could handle it every college week though! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Another one bites the dust unfortunately: Solo Nightclub Tramore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Another one bites the dust unfortunately: Solo Nightclub Tramore :(

why??

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I see the Forum are taking a crack at reviving the place again.
    Free entry cheap drink and the same old stuff with different names.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The Sands Complex appears to be closed, it wasn't open tonight anyway. From what I was told, it is indeed closed but the reasoning wasn't anything to do with Air Conditioning or Liquidation of the owner whose other businesses remain open. Funnily enough for years he has been speculated that he was in receivership etc. but remained open.

Advertisement