Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Nightlife megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Ledger wrote: »
    Jesus lads, this was on page 6 of the forum.

Masons re-opening Friday night.

Link

Great News,

On a busy night Sinnots is jammed so that might take some of the pressure off. I'll be interested to see what kind of route they go down because towards the end of the previous Masons I found it very rough at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

It will be the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

ziedth wrote: »
    Great News,

On a busy night Sinnots is jammed so that might take some of the pressure off. I'll be interested to see what kind of route they go down because towards the end of the previous Masons I found it very rough at times.

Nothing the fire officer couldn't sort if its that jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Motivator

Masons was a kip before it closed, the biggest mistake they made was changing the layout. It was a bottleneck in there at that bar. The problems they had went far beyond the layout though, they'd want to properly regulate who they leave in because if they don't nobody will go in and it will be closed soon enough again.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Motivator wrote: »
    Masons was a kip before it closed, the biggest mistake they made was changing the layout. It was a bottleneck in there at that bar. The problems they had went far beyond the layout though, they'd want to properly regulate who they leave in because if they don't nobody will go in and it will be closed soon enough again.

It's more or less the same set up as last time, security, management etc.
    I'd say the same rough element will be drawn back like flies to s**te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Has Abouttobebanned retired from Boards?
    Haven't seen any posts from him in awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

STIG83 wrote: »

wonderded the same meself ,,,he probally got a jib and dont want to know any of us any more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

His account is closed anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

His account is closed anyways.

What happened there?

What happened there?
    Don't know. Last activity was involving Oscar's bar. Mods said to quit bitching, and that's all she wrote. He closed his account after that.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80357148

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Don't know. Last activity was involving Oscar's bar. Mods said to quit bitching, and that's all she wrote. He closed his account after that.
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80357148

I couldn't see that being the only reason. I'd imagine like allot of posters who have been around for some years they reach the age that real life inevitably gets in the way. Thinking about it now there are quite a few from a couple of years ago who would have posted the whole time but aren't around anymore. Maybe he's still around under a different uselessness...

ziedth wrote: »
    I couldn't see that being the only reason. I'd imagine like allot of posters who have been around for some years they reach the age that real life inevitably gets in the way. Thinking about it now there are quite a few from a couple of years ago who would have posted the whole time but aren't around anymore. Maybe he's still around under a different uselessness...
    I'm not saying that is the reason. I have no idea why.
    That was just the last series of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

That's not the reason from when I spoke to him anyway. I won't say what he said as it's not my position to but it wasn't any big deal like quitting in a huff or anything.

Pity, usually liked his posts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I don't think its fair to discuss someone who is no longer on the forum, and has no cause to defend him/herself or clarify reasons for departure. As ziedth mentioned, sometimes real life gets in the way. Many people close accounts to get away from Boards with the intention of returning again in the future under a fresh slate. So, on that note, I think we will all agree its best to stick to the topic at hand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So after all that, Masons are NOT re-opening tonight. Plans changed at the last minute.

http://www.facebook.com/masons.waterford/posts/247824758687232
    Due to reasons beyond our control we are sorry to announce that we will not be opening this weekend with the finishing line in sight all Good things come to those who wait...see you soon !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not exactly reasons beyond their control though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

kryogen wrote: »

The plot thickens...

What happened they didn't open

They didnt get signed off by the fire inspector afaik. Forgot about it I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zebra123

when is it going to be opened does anyone know?

• Advertisement

They didnt get signed off by the fire inspector afaik. Forgot about it I guess!

Was told today that the cops stopped it opening, didn't meet licencing requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Nypd wrote: »
    Was told today that the cops stopped it opening, didn't meet licencing requirements.
    That's definitely not true. The Guards didn't object at all.

Nypd wrote: »

Nothing to do with the cops at all, Fire officer objected as they did not have everything in order

Nothing to do with the cops at all, Fire officer objected as they did not have everything in order

Would of had to be done through the courts so makes sense on hearing it was the cops, when it was actually the fire officer.

Major clanger in their part either way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I heard from a *very* reliable source that a witch came and told them they weren't allowed open it or they would insult the gods and be doomed for all eternity.

You guys need to check your sources. Fire officers? Guards? Nah, i'm telling you, it was the witches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

zebra123 wrote: »
    when is it going to be opened does anyone know?

At the very latest tomorrow week. They have official WIT stuff lined up for the colleges' RAG week starting on Monday the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sully wrote: »
    I heard from a *very* reliable source that a witch came and told them they weren't allowed open it or they would insult the gods and be doomed for all eternity.

You guys need to check your sources. Fire officers? Guards? Nah, i'm telling you, it was the witches.
    Or the ghost of Davy Mac. He used to cause awful trouble for us when it was the Junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Link or GTFO

Sorry to tell you buddy but your reliable source is talking ****

Its very simple, they didnt get signed off by the fire officer, they went to the courts and that was the first time the officer had seen the plans, and how the interior had been altered. He objected as he hadnt signed it off, they tried to get it done that day but obviously it was never going to work. Should be open next week though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,298 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If it is a fire safety issue it will open when the fire officer says it can, and if that doesn't match up with the rag week plans, then tough.

Advertisement