Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those little tips and tricks that make life that little bit easier.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Book?
    But then you have to throw out the book. Not a fvcking hope in hell am I cleaning a dead spider off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

Rabies wrote: »
    Book?
    But then you have to throw out the book. Not a fvcking hope in hell am I cleaning a dead spider off it.

do you usually throw your shoe out after killing a spider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

why would you kill a spider? (unless it was a Murderer perhaps...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

penzo wrote: »
    do you usually throw your shoe out after killing a spider?
    Yes, but the carpet/lino/wall/table has to go as well. Spiders are costing me a fortune. We found 6 last week and now we've no sitting room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

fool neighbours into thinking you've received a time machine as a gift by throwing your Christmas tree in the street now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

penzo wrote: »
    don't kill spiders using shoes, hard back books work way better.

stretch your arm out to over the spider holding a phone book size but hard back.

drop book.

RIP spider.

clean book.

If he's on a wall use a smaller book and throw the book .

If he's in a cornor, fcuk that, move house.

Don't kill spiders full stop.

They never do anything to us so why do anything nasty to them?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

kraggy wrote: »

Exactly .. if you didnt have spiders , the house would be overrun with even more insects & creepy-crawlies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Yeah but you know them really big spiders, those bastards the size of an apple.....hoover :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Hippies! wrote: »
    Yeah but you know them really big spiders, those bastards the size of an apple.....hoover :D

I can't bring myself to kill them. I does be do be scooping them up in a bit of kitchen roll and chucking them out the window.

Spiders are our allies in the war against flies.

Can't believe the amount of views this thread has gotten!

Hippies! wrote: »

Should I mention that as soon as the hoover is turned off, they can crawl back out the hose of hoover ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Should I mention that as soon as the hoover is turned off, they can crawl back out the hose of hoover ?

No, No they can't:mad:

Shurrrrrrrup!!:pac:

And they are then also very pee'd off. Remember yer wan in Kill Bill after they buried her alive? That's what's coming out the end of your Dyson...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

I can't bring myself to kill them. I does be do be scooping them up in a bit of kitchen roll and chucking them out the window.

Spiders are our allies in the war against flies.

I must admit, it's tough to kill them. I did it once and I'm ashamed of myself but that war was hell for everybody

Pottler wrote: »
    And they are then also very pee'd off. Remember yer wan in Kill Bill after they buried her alive? That's what's coming out the end of your Dyson...

:mad: If only I had a book big enough.....:pac:

Boombastic wrote: »
    :mad: If only I had a book big enough.....:pac:
    You need to be waiting at the end of the hose with a shotgun loaded with rock salt. Soon as that hairy sucker peeps it's angry head out, ka-blam. You then hoover it up again, and go back to waiting with the shotgun..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

If you don't have a cloth, use a dock leaf.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    If you don't have a cloth, use a dock leaf.

A cloth?:confused::pac:

I'm not wiping my bum with a cloth, or a dock leaf. I have me €100 notes to be using up.:D A cloth???

If you're somewhere where you'd consider using a dock leaf, you woudln't have toilet paper. (bury the cloth of course if you have one!);)

If you're somewhere where you'd consider using a dock leaf, you woudln't have toilet paper. (bury the cloth of course if you have one!);)

Fascinating:D Would you bury the dock leaves aswell or just throw them over your shoulder?

• Advertisement

Fascinating:D Would you bury the dock leaves aswell or just throw them over your shoulder?

There's always a first time

But you'd have your trusty outdoors pooing cloth?:confused: I've a mad vision in me head of a lad squatting in the middle of a thicket , strides around the ankles, with his trusty poo-cloth clenched between his teeth, chuckling to himself "Hah, and they said I was stupid to be carrying this around the last three years".

For some reason, I've also got a picture of some other poor sod heading in there a few hours later, for the same reason, and going "Ohh look, a cloth, just what I need at a time like this, how lucky am I"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Don't rush the manscaping before a night out!

Things can end up looking uneven :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

No, No they can't:mad:

Shurrrrrrrup!!:pac:

Do you know nothing? Screw up a tissue/bog roll and block the nozzle of the hoover with it. If you're feeling really mean cover the opening in clingfilm and watch the spider try and break through. If you think that it just might... start running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

kraggy wrote: »

Try saying that when you walk into your bedroom and these ****ers are up in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

If your name is John, don't forget to put the cat out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Make sure you have a bedroom with a sink in it, and keep a roll of black bin bags in your room. Then if the toilet is engaged and you are desperate, you can wee in the sink, and poo in a bin bag and then go and throw it in the bin. I used to do this when I was at university.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

If in doubt ask what yourself what would Charlie Sheen do? Got me through a lot of rough times.

lucylu wrote: »
    If your name is John, don't forget to put the cat out

or turn the light off

• Advertisement

And if your name is Sandra, yes, you did leave the oven on.

Advertisement