Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those little tips and tricks that make life that little bit easier.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

syndeyfife wrote: »
    COMMUTERS. When you leave your house, sprint the first 200 yards and then revert back to your regular walking speed. This will save you from having to do the run of shame for the bus nearer the stop and look like a fool when you miss it.

I usually keep running if that happens and just pretend im out for a jog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

For those with smart phones, you can tether the phone to your computer and use your phone as your internet provider. The speed is quite decent as well. So for those strapped for cash and who don't like using the Inet on their phone you could get rid of your home BB connection and just use your phone with your comp.

But be careful about your contract, I have I thing 5 gigs of data a month, that is more then enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Spice up a boring salad by replacing the vegetables with bacon and placing it between 2 slices of bread.

Make watching paint dry more interesting by painting some lovely big tits

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Feeling hungry? Just pop down to your nearest Dunnes and scope the free samples. No free Samples, no worries, go to the food counter and request that you taste the product you wish to order, to assess whether you like it first only to make a dislikeable expression when you taste it. Proceed multiple times, in different places if neccesary until full. Also, Pancake day needn't be costly, just do the above, they usually give free samples.

Warning to above: May not work on chicken, excellent on cheeses and sauces.

Get yourself that expensive "gravel driveway" feel at a fraction of the cost simply by pushing rice crispies between the threads of your car tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SteffingHell

cloptrop wrote: »
    Make your own perfectly shaped bum dildos by frezing your poo.

Cackling away to myself right now hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Always check the date started on a thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

An empty shoe box makes a great mini laptop side table when you're lying in bed.

put a clock in the bathroom, one of the main reason people are late is cos they don't know the time in there.

nail clippers are great for getting rid of hangnails ( the annoying skin that sticks up beside the nail sometimes)

If eating a cola/wham/roy of the rover bar, pull the flap at the back to unstick it from the wrapper and the bar will be free to eat from start to finish. (works most of the time).

cut the thumb slot off your glove so you can use your ipod/smart phone, you might look less fabulous but it's worth it, plus you can scratch an itch if you need to.

Hide a toilet roll somewhere in the jacks for them rare times when the main roll was empty but you shat without looking.

Take pics of bus timetables and other things you often need to know with your phone.

have a favourite song that has a really annoying or silent intro? get rid of that **** with http://mp3cut.net/

shorten the unnecessary length of your ipod/phone chargers/head phones with elastic bands/cable ties/selotape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

An empty shoe box makes a great mini laptop side table when you're lying in bed.

Same thing with a full box.

put a clock in the bathroom, one of the main reason people are late is cos they don't know the time in there.

It's the same time as in the bedroom? :confused:

nail clippers are great for getting rid of hangnails ( the annoying skin that sticks up beside the nail sometimes)

That's cute (icle)

If eating a cola/wham/roy of the rover bar, pull the flap at the back to unstick it from the wrapper and the bar will be free to eat from start to finish. (works most of the time).

Bars are never free to eat. All must be paid for at some stage.

cut the thumb slot off your glove so you can use your ipod/smart phone, you might look less fabulous but it's worth it, plus you can scratch an itch if you need to.

I believe there are special gloves on the market that get around the necessity for this ridiculous suggestion.

Hide a toilet roll somewhere in the jacks for them rare times when the main roll was empty but you shat without looking.

So you're sitting on the pot with a sh*tty arse and the only available bog roll is the far side of the bathroon hidden in the back of a press. Good luck with that.

Take pics of bus timetables and other things you often need to know with your phone.

DublinBus App.

have a favourite song that has a really annoying or silent intro? get rid of that **** with http://mp3cut.net/

How can a song have a silent intro?

shorten the unnecessary length of your ipod/phone chargers/head phones with elastic bands/cable ties/selotape

Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Valetta wrote: »

DublinBus App.

Dublin ≠ Ireland........... or Malta for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

mikom wrote: »
    Dublin ≠ Ireland........... or Malta for that matter.

Avoid expensive legal costs by not leaving naked photos of your wifes' sister on your phone where she can find them.This is also a great way of saving on rent for a second home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

repsol wrote: »
    Avoid expensive legal costs by not leaving naked photos of your wifes' sister on your phone where she can find them.

Send them to me, I'll mind them for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I used to get really anooyed by blue bottles bouncing off the inside of the windows of my house.

I removed the windows and problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

No loo roll when out about the town? wear an extra pair of socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Valetta wrote: »

Same thing with a full box.

It's the same time as in the bedroom? :confused:

That's cute (icle)

Bars are never free to eat. All must be paid for at some stage.

I believe there are special gloves on the market that get around the necessity for this ridiculous suggestion.

So you're sitting on the pot with a sh*tty arse and the only available bog roll is the far side of the bathroon hidden in the back of a press. Good luck with that.

DublinBus App.

How can a song have a silent intro?

Grow up.
    Jesus, who ate your cake? He was only giving a few tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Colmustard wrote: »
    For those with smart phones, you can tether the phone to your computer and use your phone as your internet provider. The speed is quite decent as well. So for those strapped for cash and who don't like using the Inet on their phone you could get rid of your home BB connection and just use your phone with your comp.

But be careful about your contract, I have I thing 5 gigs of data a month, that is more then enough for me.

I know this is a few months old but good thread all the same i remember it starting :)
    On the tethering though I was charged some €15 or something for a few minutes in September 2011. First and only time I done it, ripping cúnts. That was with O2 by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

vets, use rashers or streaky bacon to perform minor skin grafts on pigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SteffingHell

Always check the date started on a thread..

I didn't realise I wasn't allowed find things funny unless they were posted recently...

Parents, out of Christmas wrapping paper? Simply convert birthday wrapping paper by adding "Jesus" after "Happy Birthday"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

To prepare perfect sprouts this Christmas. Peel top and tail, steam gently for five minutes, sauté in garlic and pancetta. Carefully place in bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Save money on expensive address books. Simply pick up a free phone book and cross out the names of people you don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭3qsmavrod5twfe

To the older gentleman:

Never pass a toilet
    Never waste an erection
    Never trust a fart

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In Exile wrote: »
    Save money on expensive address books. Simply pick up a free phone book and cross out the names of people you don't know

Not that easy to add new contacts.

easier to use a highlighter & mark the people you do know
    :rolleyes:

Ava_e wrote: »
    To prepare perfect sprouts this Christmas. Peel top and tail, steam gently for five minutes, sauté in garlic and pancetta. Carefully place in bin.

thats blasphemy, sprouts are lovely

Enjoy a “Deal or No Deal” style Xmas this year. Number your presents 1-15 and then invite a bunch of fuckwits to open them for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Ava_e wrote: »
    think your getting that mixed up with the vegan bacon recipe. ironically sprouts taste awesome with little bits of bacon mixed in with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

vets, use rashers or streaky bacon to perform minor and tasty skin grafts on pigs.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

think your getting that mixed up with the vegan bacon recipe. ironically sprouts taste awesome with little bits of bacon mixed in with them

I think you'll find that its the bacon that tastes awesome. And theres a little tip to make like easier....simply add bacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Found this on lifehacker recently. If you are replying to an email and you only want to reply to a particular section of the email, just highlight the particular section and press reply and it will automagically remove the irrelevant text from the reply and only includes the highlighted text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

don't kill spiders using shoes, hard back books work way better.

stretch your arm out to over the spider holding a phone book size but hard back.

drop book.

RIP spider.

clean book.

If he's on a wall use a smaller book and throw the book .

If he's in a cornor, fcuk that, move house.

Advertisement