Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those little tips and tricks that make life that little bit easier.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Should I mention that as soon as the hoover is turned off, they can crawl back out the hose of hoover ?

It is always a good idea to Hoover up a few flies too, they'll have no need to come back out then!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It is always a good idea to Hoover up a few flies too, they'll have no need to come back out then!

good idea, hadnt thought of that

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

You guys have it all wrong! It's a very simple process if you see a spider in the home. Just take a small amount of kitchen roll, you don't need much, then very, very carefully burn the house down. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

You know those nasty yellow ear plugs that seem to be made of cork and hurt your ears after five minutes that you have to wear in some workplaces? Always have your next pair to hand. Take them out of the cardboard packaging and leave them in your arse pocket. They soften up ready for use in human ears after a day. When you use these ones, open another pack and pop them into your arse pocket for the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Roll your Christmas lights on to empty 2L Coke bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

cantdecide wrote: »

That's a bit TOO useful tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Does it only work on Coke bottles ?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Damn I only have 7up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Small child choking on an ice cube?
    Simply relieve the blockage by pouring boiling water down its throat

Thinking of respraying your car?
    Cover it in cling film first, if you don't like the colour simply peel off

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Keep the levels of flies, moths etc down by keeping a squad of friendly spiders around the house.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Keep the levels of flies, moths etc down by keeping a squad of friendly spiders around the house.

Dont think I like the idea of either of them being in the house :eek:, a squad of friendly spiders :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Dont think I like the idea of either of them being in the house :eek:, a squad of friendly spiders :pac:.

I prefer spiders ANY day to SILVERFISH... I HATE Silverfish.... the way they freeze when you put on the light then fly off at 100 mph when u try to terminate them:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Coke Light or regular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

If in doubt, whip it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Try saying that when you walk into your bedroom and these ****ers are up in the corner.
    Oh gods! Fire! Kill them with fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

When you rest, you are a king surveying your estate. Look at the woodland, the peacocks on the lawn. Be the king of your own calm kingdom.

When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.

Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Make a friend from every profession. Never pay for a plumber, electrition, prostitute etc again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

ronan45 wrote: »
    I prefer spiders ANY day to SILVERFISH... I HATE Silverfish.... the way they freeze when you put on the light then fly off at 100 mph when u try to terminate them:mad:

Oh that's what those feckers are called.
    Thanks, I never knew that.

Oh, and I hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

A good place to store some spare cotton wool is in ones ear, its always handy to have, just don't push it too far in or it may become waxy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

After using a tinned product put the lid in the empty tin and squash the neck of the tin closed. That way whoever is taking out the rubbish is less likely to get the leg cut off them by a serrated tin lid. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Make a friend from every profession. Never pay for a plumber, electrition, prostitute etc again.

Friends with benefits as they call it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Eathrin wrote: »
    Oh that's what those feckers are called.
    Thanks, I never knew that.

Oh, and I hate them.
    Wait, are you guys talking about these? I didn't recognize the name, so I googled...and eh...never seen those before, jayziz. :eek:

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Wait, are you guys talking about these? I didn't recognize the name, so I googled...and eh...never seen those before, jayziz. :eek:

Yeah I've seen them before in my room under the skirting boards and near my bed and more commonly under the skirting in the bathroom and attic staircase.
    Not the ones with massive outstretched legs, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wait them things can fly? Always see them in the bathroom in work killed a few of them didnt they could fly :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

ronan45 wrote: »

Well theres your problem, youre obviously living under the sea. Possibly in a pineapple.

Wait them things can fly? Always see them in the bathroom in work killed a few of them didnt they could fly :eek:.

They can't afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Eathrin wrote: »
    Yeah I've seen them before in my room under the skirting boards and near my bed and more commonly under the skirting in the bathroom and attic staircase.
    Not the ones with massive outstretched legs, mind.

In your house? I've only ever seen them under rocks or at the beach.

Are you sure you're not thinking of woodlice?

1ZRed wrote: »
    In your house? I've only ever seen them under rocks or at the beach.

Are you sure you're not thinking of woodlice?

No, they're well known for residing in damp places, I just never knew the name of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Silverfish, very rare but I have seen them in houses and work.

Seemingly get eaten by Spiders and Earwigs. But maybe the cure is worse than the problem here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Try saying that when you walk into your bedroom and these ****ers are up in the corner.

I wish I hadn't clicked on that! :(

Advertisement