Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

penev10 wrote: »
    I tried earlier to find someone to summon for Manus without any joy. Where are the usual/best spots to pick up summon signs? I'm about SL55 maybe that's working against me for summons?

You are fairly low for Manus alright. Summons are usually at the bonfire under Oolacile township before you enter the Abyss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Big Knox wrote: »
    No there's no restriction, It's just a magic absorb. It reduces all magic damage by about 90 - 95% including Dark magic and there's no downside to it. It even blocks weapon buff damage like DMB and SLB.

The only problem is the better players will see it and run away until it wears off but you get 2 casts that last 40 seconds each!

Yeah used it today, dude cast pursuers and I walked through it, he ran but I'd <25 equip burden so outran him and did him in.

Got a really ugly armour setup at the moment but its 43 poise for only 20 weight. This weekend Pc was hopping for online. Got about 30 souvenirs. Dark moon is odd yesterday I invaded the same guy 6 times, today some other dude 8 times, got a few 3-4 times tonight.

I'm amazed people don't track who they pvp, one dude got me with wog as I came around a bookcase in dukes and pummeled me. Next time I go to his world I cast wotg at the bookcase knock him over cast silence and he runs around like an idiot shaking his wand when he castes. I did this to him a further 3 times, same place and events every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I see you've done some writing on magic-based builds, Penev10.
    Yeah, have this posted up on the wiki. Been meaning to revise it as having done a build for the DLC I reckon using the Sorcerer and laying off putting points into VIT and END you can get a more potent attacking option earlier. (The Pyromancer is useful for farming in the swamp but it doesn't make that big of a difference not to go with the Sorcerer.) Anyway, I had a SL50 in about 8 hours play with basically everything you need for PVE. Flew through the DLC with it but have hit a wall with Manus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Glad to hear you won't be quitting! Let us know how many souls it costs, I think it depends on your SL.

It cost approx 60,000 souls although luckily I had something like 150,000 souls spare. Was worth every soul penny:) I've just started the new DLC and I'm just on Artorias now although he's kicking my ass so far.
    The Sanctuary Guardian was a cakewalk but man those Guardian Giants in the Royal Woods are tough, if the hornet thingys with the forks gang up on you when you are in the middle of fighting one of those giants then you can forget it.

I have to say the Lightning Heavy Crossbow +5 has been a great friend to me since last night, especially in the fights against Super Smough and The Stray Asylum Demon

I think players are generally of a higher SL now than when the game first launched. No traffic in Anor Londo at SL 40 at the moment where as back int' day that would've been prime summoning range. Found plenty of traffic at SL60 though and these were people who weren't even ready to fight O&S.

Didn't they up the souls received for most enemies in one of the patches? the 1.04 I think. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I finally got myself hooked up to Xbox live. Currently a member of the Darkmoon Blade covenant. After last night's pathetic efforts I should change my Gamertag name to "Backstab Bitch". Kept getting backstabbed to death. Oh well, playing against human players will only make me better:). Those I did manage to kill sent me abusive messages, it's great fun:pac::pac:

Also a big thank you to the Sorceror who helped me beat Artorias last night. Your Soul arrows and my Lightning heavy crossbow+5 made short work of him;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well i played today a bit again.

got to the sewers and one shoted that dragon thing? I did summon the sun knight, but he only lasted until 90% of boss anyway, so was pretty much useless.
    i bought the whole armor set from that vendor too. chest and helm hit a spot for me. got my poss up to 46 after getting advices here.
    i started poking in to blight town and oh boy how i am not looking forward to that place... though i have to say the current setup i got is 1000 times more efficient and easyer then the one i had on ps3 ( dex setup ). I just face roll everything so far and i am level 45 atm ( my dex character was around 55 ).
    when i kill that spider bitch ( i hated that bitch ) the rest of the game will be new for me :). hopefully i will get to her tonight, but now i got to go and make dinner, because misses is back home soon.

I finally got myself hooked up to Xbox live. Currently a member of the Darkmoon Blade covenant. After last night's pathetic efforts I should change my Gamertag name to "Backstab Bitch". Kept getting backstabbed to death. Oh well, playing against human players will only make me better:). Those I did manage to kill sent me abusive messages, it's great fun:pac::pac:

Also a big thank you to the Sorceror who helped me beat Artorias last night. Your Soul arrows and my Lightning heavy crossbow+5 made short work of him;)

Backstabbing is 90% of the metagame unfortunately as it's a broken mechanic due to the online side of things being so laggy.

To be competent in PvP you literally have to interpret what your enemy is going to do and try react before it happens. It does make for some very interesting fights though especially if you can counter a move before it happens which makes it all the sweeter.

Back peddle a lot, if any enemy is generally not attacking but is staying close and sizing you up he is more than likely back stab fishing so play safe and don't give him an opening. If you get put down expect a BS chain attempt. Do not roll away from your enemy when getting up as it's the most obvious move. Roll through them or to the side when possible. And finally if that doesn't work and you are still getting backstabbed a lot, try playing unlocked as locking on gives them an advantage to land the BS due to lag.
    well i played today a bit again.

got to the sewers and one shoted that dragon thing? I did summon the sun knight, but he only lasted until 90% of boss anyway, so was pretty much useless.
    i bought the whole armor set from that vendor too. chest and helm hit a spot for me. got my poss up to 46 after getting advices here.
    i started poking in to blight town and oh boy how i am not looking forward to that place... though i have to say the current setup i got is 1000 times more efficient and easyer then the one i had on ps3 ( dex setup ). I just face roll everything so far and i am level 45 atm ( my dex character was around 55 ).
    when i kill that spider bitch ( i hated that bitch ) the rest of the game will be new for me :). hopefully i will get to her tonight, but now i got to go and make dinner, because misses is back home soon.

Try and equip as much poison resist as possible, it will make life in blight much easier. It also means when you get poisoned in the swamp that it doesn't become an issue and does minimal damage which you can flask through easily.

You should look into getting the Wolf ring in the butterfly garden, it gives 40 poise and when combined with Havels you can pretty much swing through the majority of enemy attacks while maintaining the mid roll. What weapon are you using out of curiosity?

that 2hander Zighsomething its called ( sorry, english is not my first language, i just cant remember :d )

i did bought that poison resist ring from a vendor near gargoyles boss, but i did skipped on that ring in forest. i dont know if its worth going back? So far mobs do feck all damage to me with poison and the only issue i get are those spitter bastards. though i dont mind suicide kill them. i cant remember how much my poison resist is now, but i think its around 190.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

When you're summoned and help someone defeat the gargoyles and hear the bell ringing a minute later back in your own world:

mah-nigga-240x180.jpg

Need ideas for a build. Level 40 now but have only really put points into vit and dex (and 16 strength for the halberd). I've deleted three characters after about ten hours each because they weren't my cup of tea.
    Going for <25% equip load, not really bothered with poise this time

that 2hander Zighsomething its called ( sorry, english is not my first language, i just cant remember :d )

i did bought that poison resist ring from a vendor near gargoyles boss, but i did skipped on that ring in forest. i dont know if its worth going back? So far mobs do feck all damage to me with poison and the only issue i get are those spitter bastards. though i dont mind suicide kill them. i cant remember how much my poison resist is now, but i think its around 190.

Is it the Zweihander? An extremely large 2 hander with a T junction on the end of the blade?

190 should be more than fine, it's really just for the swamp section below when you have to make the run to Quelagg so it doesn't do a huge amount of damage, it will also allow you to explore around without worrying about the poison!

After you kill Quelaag you will be heading to Sens, the entrance of which is near the Titanite Demon you killed at the entrance to the Garden so I would say spare 5 or 10 minutes for the run to get the ring when you get back there. You might not use it 100% of the time but against certain harder hitting enemies later on you will use it a lot on a STR build. I even use it on my DEX build from time to time!

derfderf wrote: »
    When you're summoned and help someone defeat the gargoyles and hear the bell ringing a minute later back in your own world:

mah-nigga-240x180.jpg

Need ideas for a build. Level 40 now but have only really put points into vit and dex (and 16 strength for the halberd). I've deleted three characters after about ten hours each because they weren't my cup of tea.
    Going for <25% equip load, not really bothered with poise this time

If you are going DEX then I would suggest either a full DEX / Pyro build or possibly a DEX / FAI build.

Both are extremely strong. What SL are you aiming for and is it mainly for PvE or PvP purposes?

Is it the Zweihander? An extremely large 2 hander with a T junction on the end of the blade?

190 should be more than fine, it's really just for the swamp section below when you have to make the run to Quelagg so it doesn't do a huge amount of damage, it will also allow you to explore around without worrying about the poison!

After you kill Quelaag you will be heading to Sens, the entrance of which is near the Titanite Demon you killed at the entrance to the Garden so I would say spare 5 or 10 minutes for the run to get the ring when you get back there. You might not use it 100% of the time but against certain harder hitting enemies later on you will use it a lot on a STR build. I even use it on my DEX build from time to time!

which ring you talking about m8? that poison ring in garden? or am i mixing something up?
    i know you mentioned the ring which gives poise, where you get that again?

If you are going DEX then I would suggest either a full DEX / Pyro build or possibly a DEX / FAI build.

Both are extremely strong. What SL are you aiming for and is it mainly for PvE or PvP purposes?

Mainly PVP (although I haven't got to the new content with anyone yet). Haven't really done a DEX FAI or INT build. Only really stuck at my strength build and one where I went high VIT and END and used elemental weapons. Everyone seems to be battling around level 120 so I'll probably aim for there, or slightly below.

So.... I think I am almost done with blight town ( could not be fecking happier!!! )
    Killed that spider bitch from second try. For that red armour and a few weapons. Some new 2hander with weird name. Dunno if I like it, because Zsomething is a lot cooler. It is soooo satisfying to flatten bastards with it lol. Red armour has some sexy stats, but no poise :(. Will have to skip on it so.

So what would the best way for me to get back to gardens? I need blacksmith to pimp my stuff. And do I continue with to that gate now? I plan to farm a few souls in garden first before continuing anyway.

And yeah, what about that ring?

Plus lads, I got invaded, but I am not sure if if was npc or another human. It had weird name and fight was damn hard. So I got invaded on the kindle fire on top of that bridge/poll in blight town. ( the one above, not in the swamp ). Attacker was in lightship armour with spider shield. Had 3 letters in front of his name. So is it npc or someone really invaded me? I did kicked his arse though, barely... :D

• Advertisement

So.... I think I am almost done with blight town ( could not be fecking happier!!! )
    Killed that spider bitch from second try. For that red armour and a few weapons. Some new 2hander with weird name. Dunno if I like it, because Zsomething is a lot cooler. It is soooo satisfying to flatten bastards with it lol. Red armour has some sexy stats, but no poise :(. Will have to skip on it so.

So what would the best way for me to get back to gardens? I need blacksmith to pimp my stuff. And do I continue with to that gate now? I plan to farm a few souls in garden first before continuing anyway.

And yeah, what about that ring?

Plus lads, I got invaded, but I am not sure if if was npc or another human. It had weird name and fight was damn hard. So I got invaded on the kindle fire on top of that bridge/poll in blight town. ( the one above, not in the swamp ). Attacker was in lightship armour with spider shield. Had 3 letters in front of his name. So is it npc or someone really invaded me? I did kicked his arse though, barely... :D

Probably maneater mildred. She's an NPC. Make your way up the water mill and when you leave the cave you can cross the bridge to the new londo entrance (don't go into it!). Then it's straight up the lift to the firelink shrine. Enjoy sen's fortress by the way :D

Probably maneater mildred. She's an NPC. Make your way up the water mill and when you leave the cave you can cross the bridge to the new londo entrance (don't go into it!). Then it's straight up the lift to the firelink shrine. Enjoy sen's fortress by the way :D

No, I know her. I killed her and summoned her to kill spider. I am talking about kindle fire on the upper part of blightown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Finally got Manus. I'd nearly no life left and he was about to finish me off when
    Sif
    dealt the killing blow.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

No, I know her. I killed her and summoned her to kill spider. I am talking about kindle fire on the upper part of blightown.

Sorry, didn't read your post properly. I've been invaded a couple of times there myself. Horrible place to do it, especially the wrath of the gods jerks.

Finally got Manus. I'd nearly no life left and he was about to finish me off when
    Sif
    dealt the killing blow.
    Well done, he's a right git. What level are you at? I'm still leveling up so I can summon before I take him on again.
    I also rescued Sif but couldn't find a summon sign for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,561 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Well done, he's a right git. What level are you at? I'm still leveling up so I can summon before I take him on again.
    I also rescued Sif but couldn't find a summon sign for him.

Thanks! I'm about SL144. I'm using the character I started the game with. Might try a Demon's Souls magic build or one for Dark Souls with your guide.
    Sif's
    sign is to the left of where you stand when the fight begins. Run to the left and away from Manus a tiny bit. It can be somewhat hard to see on the ground but you'll get a sense where it is.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Manus is kicking my ass at the minute.
    Can't seem to summon Sif
    Before I take him on again I need to purchase a top up of Heavy Crossbow bolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I think players are generally of a higher SL now than when the game first launched. No traffic in Anor Londo at SL 40 at the moment where as back int' day that would've been prime summoning range. Found plenty of traffic at SL60 though and these were people who weren't even ready to fight O&S.

Didn't they up the souls received for most enemies in one of the patches? the 1.04 I think. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I noticed this too, especially around Sens and Anor Londo both are about 20 odd levels higher than they used to be. I'd wager homeward bones and humanity now dropping from bosses has something to do with it too. We now get more souls, more humanity and a safe way back to level up after bosses.

What I love about this game is that I'm still finding out stuff a year later:
    You can quit and restart to make crystal lizards appear. O_o
    Upgrading Bows Crossbows to elemental gives no reward unless arrows match O_o
    Speaking of bows and matching the arrows, I wonder if you use poison powder on a bow then use poison arrows would it stack?

Can't buff bows unfortunately.

Might try a Demon's Souls magic build or one for Dark Souls with your guide.
    I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the guide if you do try it. It's designed to get a player a decent magic-based character as quickly as possible. It should see you finished in Dukes Archives after 8-10 hours with a SL40-50+ character (depending on how much END and VIT you need) and form there you can tweak for PVP/PVE yourself.

I'd be interested to hear what you thought of the guide if you do try it. It's designed to get a player a decent magic-based character as quickly as possible. It should see you finished in Dukes Archives after 8-10 hours with a SL40-50+ character (depending on how much END and VIT you need) and form there you can tweak for PVP/PVE yourself.

Will do!

which ring you talking about m8? that poison ring in garden? or am i mixing something up?
    i know you mentioned the ring which gives poise, where you get that again?

The Wolf ring is in the Darkroot Garden. After the secret bonfire when you enter the clearing with the stone giants, turn immediately right and you will see a large tree blocking a path. Attack the tree to remove it and follow the path through the next area and the ring is right at the end after a few more stone giants. Definitely worth the short trip as it will be very useful later on.

Also I would recommend a trip back to the bridge above the Burg to pick up the claymore and see if you like it. It's slightly smaller than the Zwei but faster and has a great moveset. A good alternative at least!
    Mainly PVP (although I haven't got to the new content with anyone yet). Haven't really done a DEX FAI or INT build. Only really stuck at my strength build and one where I went high VIT and END and used elemental weapons. Everyone seems to be battling around level 120 so I'll probably aim for there, or slightly below.

125 is the go to SL for PvP still. Some people roll SL100 builds for the purpose of the Arena but it seems most are coming back to 125 as the Arena is nearly dead already.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=399410133798562465

That's my current favourite build and I have to say it is extremely strong in PvP at the moment. It can counter pretty much any build which is what makes it so good.

You can tailor it in a few different ways. Drop 3 attunement for some extra vitality. Drop to 35 END for even more VIT. Armour can be changed around aswel but this hits the poise break limit of 36 with a fast roll and looks half decent so works ok.

The Baldur Side Sword can be swapped out for a Katana like the Iaito if preferred and the Silver Knight Spear can be replaced also if preferred but I find the balance between using the BSS with either weapon buff for pure offense and then having the ability to swap to the Silver Knight Spear for a much more defensive style when needed against great weapon users to avoid stun locks etc.

You have 2 fantastic weapon buffs, 6 WotG casts which are super fast due to the high DEX and then Great Magic Barrier which is essential for Dark Magic builds which are extremely popular right now but with the flexibility of this build you really can beat any other styles quite easily with the know how.

If you would prefer a pure DEX / Pyro build I can put one together if you would prefer?

Hah weapon load out is like my dex/int build, love it when your buff runs out and you switch to the sks, totally messes their game plan.

The Wolf ring is in the Darkroot Garden. After the secret bonfire when you enter the clearing with the stone giants, turn immediately right and you will see a large tree blocking a path. Attack the tree to remove it and follow the path through the next area and the ring is right at the end after a few more stone giants. Definitely worth the short trip as it will be very useful later on.

Aye, got back up so. found that ring and so far it works well. got around 85 poise atm.
    Farmed a few more souls to level up my STR a bit after. I did go and suicide picked up claymore. I dunno what to think of it. It is really a lot faster ( for a 2hander ), but damage is a bit on a low side even after i did +5. I will still keep it and make the magic weapon out of it? i think someone told me i will need in future. As for my main weapon, i think i just got waaay to used to my currect badass sword :D. I just love R2 atack of it. its just SLAP! sooo satisfying :D.
    I just poked in to Sens fortress and i have to say it is sooooooooo much easyer with my current build. i remember i was totally hamered to death with my old dex character by those snake things. now i just SLAP SLAP - dead trolololol.
    so a few more question now:

i got my swrod to +6 i think, but its hard to get those large titanite chunks. where is a good place to get those? or even buy?
    I got firekeeper soul thing? it says it will make my potions stronger, but is it one time use? or is it permenant buff? do i use it or keep it so?
    whats the story with factions? i met few NPC, which ask me to join them but i have no clue what are benfits or disatvantages of each. Any ideas which one to join in my situation? pure PVE heavy 2 hander built.

i got my swrod to +6 i think, but its hard to get those large titanite chunks. where is a good place to get those? or even buy?
    I got firekeeper soul thing? it says it will make my potions stronger, but is it one time use? or is it permenant buff? do i use it or keep it so?
    whats the story with factions? i met few NPC, which ask me to join them but i have no clue what are benfits or disatvantages of each. Any ideas which one to join in my situation? pure PVE heavy 2 hander built.

Find how to get the gold serpent ring(its in sens, it increases drop rate) equip go back to the swamp in blight town and farm the slugs. They've a very good drop rate of green and large titanite shards. I spent 30 mins there to get 20 or more large shards.

Give the fire keeper soul to a fire keeper(at the moment you have the fire link shrine and queelags sister just down from that boss fight) do not consume it, did that in my first play through, 3 can be got farely early in the game.

Covenants depend on what you want.

• Advertisement

Also I would recommend a trip back to the bridge above the Burg to pick up the claymore and see if you like it. It's slightly smaller than the Zwei but faster and has a great moveset. A good alternative at least!

125 is the go to SL for PvP still. Some people roll SL100 builds for the purpose of the Arena but it seems most are coming back to 125 as the Arena is nearly dead already.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=399410133798562465

That's my current favourite build and I have to say it is extremely strong in PvP at the moment. It can counter pretty much any build which is what makes it so good.

You can tailor it in a few different ways. Drop 3 attunement for some extra vitality. Drop to 35 END for even more VIT. Armour can be changed around aswel but this hits the poise break limit of 36 with a fast roll and looks half decent so works ok.

The Baldur Side Sword can be swapped out for a Katana like the Iaito if preferred and the Silver Knight Spear can be replaced also if preferred but I find the balance between using the BSS with either weapon buff for pure offense and then having the ability to swap to the Silver Knight Spear for a much more defensive style when needed against great weapon users to avoid stun locks etc.

You have 2 fantastic weapon buffs, 6 WotG casts which are super fast due to the high DEX and then Great Magic Barrier which is essential for Dark Magic builds which are extremely popular right now but with the flexibility of this build you really can beat any other styles quite easily with the know how.

If you would prefer a pure DEX / Pyro build I can put one together if you would prefer?

That looks pretty sweet actually. Didn't really like the Pyro in my Vit/End build. Think I'll had towards that build. Might drop havels leggings though so I can use a different ring. Was planning on upgrading the painted guardian sword to +15, is it as good as i heard?

Aye, got back up so. found that ring and so far it works well. got around 85 poise atm.
    Farmed a few more souls to level up my STR a bit after. I did go and suicide picked up claymore. I dunno what to think of it. It is really a lot faster ( for a 2hander ), but damage is a bit on a low side even after i did +5. I will still keep it and make the magic weapon out of it? i think someone told me i will need in future. As for my main weapon, i think i just got waaay to used to my currect badass sword :D. I just love R2 atack of it. its just SLAP! sooo satisfying :D.
    I just poked in to Sens fortress and i have to say it is sooooooooo much easyer with my current build. i remember i was totally hamered to death with my old dex character by those snake things. now i just SLAP SLAP - dead trolololol.
    so a few more question now:

You can purchase large shards from the merchant at the top of sens, you need to jump the gap in the bridge to get to him and you can buy them from the Giant blacksmith in Anor Londo where you are heading next. I think they are around 4k each so do some soul farming if you plan on buying some.
    That looks pretty sweet actually. Didn't really like the Pyro in my Vit/End build. Think I'll had towards that build. Might drop havels leggings though so I can use a different ring. Was planning on upgrading the painted guardian sword to +15, is it as good as i heard?

Yeah you can switch up the rings of course, I use the DWGR and the Wolf ring from time to time. I've never upgraded the painted guardian sword but it seems to combo well. I much prefer the balder side sword for a fast dex weapon but it is definitely used. If you like it's style you should definitely check out the Gold tracer from the DLC also, it's similar in style but faster and has even more combos!!

I've significantly revised my Quick Guide to creating a Magic User Click Here.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Guys. Fire keeper is dead in starting area... So who do I give those fire keeper souls things to improve my. estus flasks?

Started a Siegmeyer :cool: build for the Craic, went completely Melee (I have no attunement slots whatsoever) to see what it was like and its a blast. SL50 and the game is kicking around Anor Londo. Picked up the dried Finger in the painted world and invading/getting summoned constantly. Its very different. The Zweihander is fecking ridiculous but unsafe< Currently have it at +14 then buffing with resin but might change it to elemental when I test it. I also had to get dex up to 14 to use the pierce shield so I've a whip in the second left hand slot for parry/alt damage :)

Speaking of the pierce shield. It honestly seems to be the best anti backstap fish tool I've ever used, it attacks quick, you can almost instantly get your guard back up and it seems to have an enormous hit box that gets many dudes behind you, its great.

Only problem is pure magic builds that run away are eating me for breakfast :( dam cowards.

Wonder what a souls game that was pure Melee would be like, I mean remove everything that you can cast and just have the throwing items/crossbows etc.. could be excellent... hmmm...mmmmm...

Hopefully this works: Click here for the build :D

Its probably useless for serious PvP just thought I'd share cause I'm knocking great fun out of it.

I've significantly revised my Quick Guide to creating a Magic User Click Here.

Would appreciate any feedback.

A base Pyro glove with power within and the lingering dragon ring, slows power within's drain and adds the 40% damage increase, added to the dusk crown and bellowing ring, its bloody lethal.

Tanked the 4 Kings to death yesterday eve with a Black Knight Halberd+5, Havel's Armor and Iron Flesh:). Got the Very Large Ember also. I need a fast and powerful weapon that doesn't eat too much stamina, what would be the best sword to upgrade to +15 for this?

Depends on if you're str or dex focused. For Balder side sword(not too powerful but very very fast)if dex and i hear the man serpent greatsowrd is pretty good for strength.

I'm mainly strength based so I'll try and max out the Man-serpent Greatsword thanks.

• Advertisement

Lads, so can anyone give me a hand in this? The damn fire keeper is dead, who do I give those fire keeper souls to improve my Estes flasks. Cheers!

You'll bump into 1 after sens in anor londo, or there's the firekeeper just after queelag.

BTW i want this(shamelessly stolen from excaliburhc).

This one is fairly cool:
    894e7339299100f231e728b54f376be5.jpg
    Link

Not as cool as
    fig,black,mens,ffffff.u1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Lads, so can anyone give me a hand in this? The damn fire keeper is dead, who do I give those fire keeper souls to improve my Estes flasks. Cheers!

fire keeper in anor londo if you have got there ? if not don't use them as its definitely best to use to upgrader your flasks

if you have got to anor londo , in the main hall before the boss battle , if you are in human form, your controller will vibrate, now use the black orb to fight 3 (annoying) lads for you fire link firekeepers soul back.

Tanked the 4 Kings to death yesterday eve with a Black Knight Halberd+5, Havel's Armor and Iron Flesh:). Got the Very Large Ember also. I need a fast and powerful weapon that doesn't eat too much stamina, what would be the best sword to upgrade to +15 for this?

The Demon Great Machete and Demon Great Axe are the two strongest STR weapons in the game due to their scaling. They can also be buffed which makes them insane but they are rather slow. They eat through poise however!

It's hard to find fast STR weapon. All the best are in the great weapon range so they are all rather slow. The claymore is probably the fastest of the decent STR weapons but compared to the Demon Great Machete the damage is way off.

My initial build is a STR one and it's fun as hell to load up on poise and smack everything about with the Demon Great Axe!

• Advertisement

The Demon Great Machete and Demon Great Axe are the two strongest STR weapons in the game due to their scaling. They can also be buffed which makes them insane but they are rather slow. They eat through poise however!

It's hard to find fast STR weapon. All the best are in the great weapon range so they are all rather slow. The claymore is probably the fastest of the decent STR weapons but compared to the Demon Great Machete the damage is way off.

My initial build is a STR one and it's fun as hell to load up on poise and smack everything about with the Demon Great Axe!

The Large Club is also worth a shot in a STR build. Looking at 600 ATK similar to the other two mentioned. Also a chance of poison damage but not a realistic one. (The Great Club does more damage but I know there was some reason why I preferred the Large Club over it, I think it has a better strong attack)

If you plan on maybe building a high level character you could pump some souls into FAI and get the Grant. Unbelievable damage with the right build.

Yeah the grant is pretty nasty, got >50% knocked off my hp by it's special attack in a pvp match.

Spent a good hour on this again today. Decided finally that PVP is bent.
    Won't happen but I'd love if From developed a game in a similar universe with no multiplayer, just an expanded hint/help system.
    I'd love to see how Dark Souls would play if there was only Medium to heavy armour and no spells/pyro. The combat is awesome but (just my opinion of course) its ruined by fast roll and the fact back stab is R1. If only the multiplayer had better netcode or something, I mean it makes no sense to build anything other than a quick backstab orientated character... its lame. Teleport backstab is both the most annoyingly fustrating thing ever and somehow a valid tactic O_o thats broken.
    Single player, or even single player with multiplayer summons is easily in my top 10 games of all time, once you add in the broken PVP I start to hate the games flaws.

Love the rants I do :pac:

Danonino. wrote: »
    Spent a good hour on this again today. Decided finally that PVP is bent.
    Won't happen but I'd love if From developed a game in a similar universe with no multiplayer, just an expanded hint/help system.
    I'd love to see how Dark Souls would play if there was only Medium to heavy armour and no spells/pyro. The combat is awesome but (just my opinion of course) its ruined by fast roll and the fact back stab is R1. If only the multiplayer had better netcode or something, I mean it makes no sense to build anything other than a quick backstab orientated character... its lame. Teleport backstab is both the most annoyingly fustrating thing ever and somehow a valid tactic O_o thats broken.
    Single player, or even single player with multiplayer summons is easily in my top 10 games of all time, once you add in the broken PVP I start to hate the games flaws.

Love the rants I do :pac:

While I do agree the netcode is terrible I don't think BS'ing is as bad as it is being made out. Yes BS'ing is an overused mechanic and it could have been handled much better but it is easily avoided also. Learning how to fight locked / unlocked on the fly helps massively as the majority of the time, keeping someone locked makes it so much easier for them to land a BS due to the ****ty netcode.

If I see someone who is clearly BS fishing I will swap to my spear, keep distance and poke him until he gets frustrated and starts R1 mashing which then becomes an easy win. If you are getting BS'ed constantly I would advise checking out some videos on youtube. There are some great videos that show how to land the different styles of BS but also how to avoid and counter them, taking into account lag aswell.

They helped me a huge amount when I started to get serious in the PvP side of things. Watch them then go to the forest and let yourself get invaded over and over and you will quickly learn how to counter most styles!

Edit: This guys channel has some good vids about it, check em out!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhantomEWGF

Yeah you can switch up the rings of course, I use the DWGR and the Wolf ring from time to time. I've never upgraded the painted guardian sword but it seems to combo well. I much prefer the balder side sword for a fast dex weapon but it is definitely used. If you like it's style you should definitely check out the Gold tracer from the DLC also, it's similar in style but faster and has even more combos!!

I stopped playing after beating the Tomb of the giants. Forgot about Rhea
    no wrath of the gods, damn Petrus
    . Heading towards this build now:
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=241227759213783789

• Advertisement
Advertisement