Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kiith wrote: »
    Same here, it's more enjoyable on the pad.

On another note...**** you Blighttown :(

Ah Blighttown,

How i loved you......

Said no one ever

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

Hey folks,
    Has anyone gotten all achievements/trophies? That's what i'm aiming for at the moment. I think I've only four left. Three of them i'll do on my 3rd playthrough, just finishing NG+ now, Gwyn its being a right pain this time round.

I just wanted to see if anyone has gotten the Knights Honour achievement? Its the one with all the rare weapons, I've only three weapons left to get but they are random drops and no matter what I do the feckers will not drop them, the weapons are:

Channeler's Trident
    Stone Greatshield
    Stone Greatsword

Anyone got any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

tafkapts wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips?

Have at least 10 soft humanity on your counter (the counter on the top left beside the health/stamina) and also equip the Gold Covetous Serpent Ring. This will give you the max item discovery rate of 410.

For the trident, farm them in Dukes Archives as it's the only area where the Channelers respawn. For the Stone Greatshield/Greatsword just keep trying in Darkroot Garden. Use the hidden bonfire beside the sealed door and just keep killing the guardians and running back to the bonfire.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I literally just had a Stone Greatword drop for me 54 minutes ago...and i'm a caster.

Dropped off the Stone Guardian thing in Darkroot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

Have at least 10 soft humanity on your counter (the counter on the top left beside the health/stamina) and also equip the Gold Covetous Serpent Ring. This will give you the max item discovery rate of 410.

For the trident, farm them in Dukes Archives as it's the only area where the Channelers respawn. For the Stone Greatshield/Greatsword just keep trying in Darkroot Garden. Use the hidden bonfire beside the sealed door and just keep killing the guardians and running back to the bonfire.
    Yeah I have the Gold Covetous Serpent Ring equipped and I have the 10 humanity, they just won't drop the bloody weapons, it's wreaking my head at this stage but like all Souls players it keeps pulling me back in.

I'll never stop till I get the 100%, Praise the sun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ah Blighttown,

How i loved you......

Said no one ever

Utter gowl of an area, it wouldn't be as bad if the framerate didn't drop down to a snail's pace at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Ah Blighttown,

How i loved you......

Said no one ever

What has been said many times though is "It's not as bad as the Valley of Defilement".

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

The big problem with Blighttown is the framerate, the area itself is fine and has some good loot. If you don't like it, just skip it completely :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i actually quite like blighttown...

although the first 7 or 8 times I ****ing hated it

OdgeXD wrote: »
    The big problem with Blighttown is the framerate, the area itself is fine and has some good loot. If you don't like it, just skip it completely :D

That's the thing, like once you figure out the route through it then it's not so bad. And there's a crapton of souls, items and the Great Hollow for farming titanite down there, but nnnggg, y u run so slowly? I'm amazed than Demon's Souls runs at a better framerate than Dark Souls considering it's what two years older than it? it's silky smooth most of the time from what I've seen of it so far, less details in the levels and all that but still.

• Advertisement

To be honest, it wasn't that bad this time. I went in from the Valley of the Drakes, and flew through it. Only got annoyed when i was trying to collect some items, and those god damn dart guys kept hitting me with toxic. They're dead and i have the ring to walk at normal speed now, so it's all good.

More importantly, i got past the archers in Anor Londo on my first go!! :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,150 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    That's the thing, like once you figure out the route through it then it's not so bad. And there's a crapton of souls, items and the Great Hollow for farming titanite down there, but nnnggg, y u run so slowly? I'm amazed than Demon's Souls runs at a better framerate than Dark Souls considering it's what two years older than it? it's silky smooth most of the time from what I've seen of it so far, less details in the levels and all that but still.

Did you have he rusted iron ring in blightown? The fame rate was poor there for me too but it might not be the only reason you were running slowly if you didn't have that :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    To be honest, it wasn't that bad this time. I went in from the Valley of the Drakes, and flew through it. Only got annoyed when i was trying to collect some items, and those god damn dart guys kept hitting me with toxic. They're dead and i have the ring to walk at normal speed now, so it's all good.

More importantly, i got past the archers in Anor Londo on my first go!! :P

Grrr those twats, easy to get up there just run, but once you get to the ledge I either had to agro him and get him to chase me back to a more spacious area or tried booting him off.

tumblr_mgz455e0J01r94e9jo1_500.gif

Ha, if one gif summed up playing Dark Souls it'd be this

63935.gif

Grrr those twats, easy to get up there just run, but once you get to the ledge I either had to agro him and get him to chase me back to a more spacious area or tried booting him off.

I can feel the utter rage in that gif....

I got lucky and the guy stopped shooting to try and stab me, got around him then.

guys pls

dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif

I can feel the utter rage in that gif....

I got lucky and the guy stopped shooting to try and stab me, got around him then.

I usually sprint towards him and roll as he fires the arrow, if you land close enough he changes to melee attack and then kicky kicky. Or use a weapon that doesn't have an attack animation that lunges you too far so you wont makes yourself fall off the ledge, spears are good for it.

Smough and Ornstein down as well, and managed to do it Smough first, so i can get his armour. Never managed that before.
    I usually sprint towards him and roll as he fires the arrow, if you land close enough he changes to melee attack and then kicky kicky. Or use a weapon that doesn't have an attack animation that lunges you too far so you wont makes yourself fall off the ledge, spears are good for it.
    I just legged it up, and got to where only one of them could shoot at me. Soul Speared him, and than got the other. Pretty easy as a magic character.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,150 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

On my first play through I didn't get why people used to complain about the archers in Anor Londo. I ran up the rampart rushed each of them and they both fell to their deaths when they tried to draw their swords. In NG+ it took me ages to get by them.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    On my first play through I didn't get why people used to complain about the archers in Anor Londo. I ran up the rampart rushed each of them and they both fell to their deaths when they tried to draw their swords. In NG+ it took me ages to get by them.

It's funny getting random souls for apprently no reason, then you realise some dumbass enemy just ran off a ledge, the three guys at the entrance to Blightown do it if you leg past and make it to the ladder down.

• Advertisement

They're super easy to parry too, never have much trouble there

They're super easy to parry too, never have much trouble there

I'm sh1te at parrying, can do it with hollows alright but never get the timing right with anything else. I did parry Gwyn once during that fight but I think that was more me mashing the wrong button than anything else :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

My last build had enough strength and dex for the Dragonslayer Bow. Think I spent about an hour sending those damn Silver Knights to their doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The mistake in the GIF is that the person isn't looking directly forward as he is moving. The dragonslayer arrows used by the Anor Londo knights have knockback and by the player looking more towards the wall rather than forward towards the knight they just knockbacked off the cliff.

For this part always keep your shield up and also move forward along the path and not slightly looking either direction. After the first knockback you should have time to move in close to the knight for him to draw his sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I'm sh1te at parrying, can do it with hollows alright but never get the timing right with anything else. I did parry Gwyn once during that fight but I think that was more me mashing the wrong button than anything else :pac:

ookIFwE.gif

Dark Souls 80% off on Steam, may have to break out my SL1 Dickwraith for a while :pac:

Dark Souls 80% off on Steam, may have to break out my SL1 Dickwraith for a while :pac:

I was trying to convince my housemate to buy it but he's heard me cursing at the tv so doesn't want to get it :pac:

If im being honest now is the best time to go play DS, because all the people buying it there will be more support online with summons.

So on the PC version I was invaded.

Turns out the guy was stupidly overpowered and hit me with a spear which A: cursed me and B: put an egg on my head.

Turbo rage ensued....

• Advertisement

Pretty common hack nowadays, hope you have a backup save

Advertisement